SiteGround is a good hosting service that’s known for its excellent site response times and helpful support team. The best web hosting services offer lower prices and more plan options.
Is SiteGround the best host?
Siteground is one of the most recommended WordPress hosting companies. They are known for their top-notch customer support, reliable, and fast hosting plans. Their WordPress optimized hosting includes everything you’ll need to create and grow a successful website or blog.
Which is the best web hosting service provider Why?
The Top 10 Best Web Hosting Providers
- Hostinger – Most Affordable Hosting Plans Overall.
- Bluehost – Best Web Host for Beginners.
- Dreamhost – Most Affordable Month-to-Month Plan.
- Hostgator – Best for Lean/Minimal Needs.
- GreenGeeks – Best Eco-Friendly Hosting.
- SiteGround – Best for Making Your WordPress Site Speedy & Secure.
Is SiteGround a good domain registrar?
SiteGround is one of the best domain registrars that also offers hosting.
Is SiteGround good for beginners?
SiteGround Not only do they offer a custom-built beginner-friendly dashboard, but also an easy onboarding process, and excellent support. Maybe that’s why SiteGround is a little pricier than Bluehost, but they make up for that with some of the best support in the hosting industry.
Why should I use SiteGround?
SiteGround Pros Offers the very best in customer support, uptime, security, and speeds. Generous 30-day (no questions asked) money-back guarantee as well as 99.99% uptime guarantee. Free daily backups and restores on all plans. The services and features fit both new and experienced website owners.
Which hosting provider is best?
The 11 best web hosting providers of 2021 are:
- Bluehost – Best overall hosting provider.
- HostGator – Best for uptime.
- InMotion – Best for shared and VPS hosting.
- SiteGround – Best for reliability.
- A2 Hosting – Best for cloud hosting.
- GreenGeeks – Best for green hosting.
- GoDaddy Hosting – Best for extra features.
Which Web hosting is best for beginners in 2021?
The best web hosting services in 2021
- Bluehost. The best web hosting for beginners.
- Hostinger. The best cloud hosting provider.
- HostGator. The best shared hosting provider.
- InMotion. The best VPS hosting provider.
- SiteGround. The best web hosting for technical support.
- Hostwinds. The best dedicated hosting provider.
- Liquid Web.
Which is the best web hosting company in 2021?
The 10 Best Web Hosting Services of 2021
- Bluehost: Best web hosting service overall.
- HostGator: Best for shared hosting.
- DreamHost: Best for cloud hosting.
- Hostinger: Cheapest web host.
- A2 Hosting: Fastest web hosting.
- SiteGround: Best for uptime reliability.
- GoDaddy Hosting: Best for unmetered bandwidth.
Is SiteGround good for WordPress?
SiteGround is a solid provider for WordPress for 3 main reasons: its excellent performance, friendly and useful support (with WordPress knowledge) and clever WordPress features such as migration and speed-optimization plugins, auto-update scripts, easy-to-set-up staging areas and 1-click WordPress installations.
Does SiteGround have dedicated hosting?
SiteGround’s Dedicated Hosting plans provide you a single server wholly devoted to your websites. Prices begin at $269 per month, and there are three different pre-configured servers from which you can choose. Dedicated Hosting customers get access to 24/7 VIP support, and all servers are fully managed by SiteGround.
Which domain registrar is best?
The best domain registrars of 2021
- Bluehost domain registrar service.
- IONOS domain registrar service.
- Network Solutions domain registrar service.
- GoDaddy domain registrar service.
- Hover domain registrar service.
- Dynadot domain registrar service.
- Namecheap domain registrar service.
- Google Domains.
Which domain is best?
14 Tips for Choosing the Best Domain Name
- Stick with.com.
- Use keywords in your domain name search.
- Keep your domain name short.
- Make it easy to pronounce and spell.
- Keep it unique and brandable.
- Avoid hyphens in domain name.
- Avoid doubled letters.
- Leave room to expand.
SiteGround Web Hosting Review
When deciding on a web hosting service, there are several factors to take into consideration. Consider the following examples: there are elements that appeal to a broad client base (such as pricing and storage), and there are aspects that are more business-oriented (such as e-commerce and server location). SiteGround takes care of all of these concerns, and it does it admirably. This company provides a good amount of hosting options, a large variety of performance-enhancing tools, and outstanding customer support all for an affordable cost.
If you’re looking for a low-cost web hosting solution, shared hosting is the tier you should consider.
Having said that, the numerous sites essentially share the server’s computational capacity, which means your site’s speed may be significantly impacted if another bunk-mate has a significant traffic spike as a result of a Reddit hit.
Since 1982, PCMag has evaluated and rated hundreds of goods in order to assist you in making more informed purchasing decisions.
- There are offices in Chicago, the United States, Europe (Amsterdam, Milan, Germany), Asia-Pacific (Singapore, London, and Melbourne), and Australia (Sydney).
- If a large number of your users are located in Asia, you may want to consider using an Asia-Pacific data center.
- I don’t think many firms will want this function, but it’s a rather complex feature for a company that caters to newcomers.
- Here’s what they appear to be.
- The GrowBig plan (which starts at $24.99 per month and goes up from there) expands on the features of the base plan.
- The GoGeek plan (which starts at $39.99 per month and goes up from there) is designed for even bigger sites.
- It should be noted that SiteGround offers a discount on its StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek plans, which are reduced to $6.99 per month, $9.99 per month, and $14.99 per month, respectively, for new yearly customers.
- SiteGround deserves praise for being transparent about its limitations; most web hosts, especially those that advertise “unlimited” visitors and/or data, have some traffic constraints buried deep within their terms of service.
- The Editors’ Choice for shared web services matches SiteGround’s specifications and also provides consumers with the option of choosing a Windows-based server (SiteGround only offers Linux-based shared servers).
Companies who have a significant financial stake in Microsoft’s online ecosystem will find HostGator’s Windows servers to be particularly appealing.
Cloud, not VPS
SiteGround no longer offers virtual private server hosting, but instead focuses on cloud computing. In order to prevent your site from going down due to a shortage of power, the Linux-based infrastructure, which draws resources from numerous servers, is intended to auto-scale with traffic surges. The four Cloud Hosting plans range in price from $80 per month for 4GB of RAM, 40GB of storage, and 5TB of monthly data transfers to $240 per month for 10GB of RAM, 120GB of storage, and 5TB of monthly data transfers, with the most expensive plan offering 10GB of RAM, 120GB of storage, and 5TB of monthly data transfers.
If you want extra processing power, you may also adjust your Cloud Hosting package.
It’s a nifty Collaborator feature on SiteGround’s cloud hosting plans, as well as on its shared GrowBog and GoGeek hosting packages, that allows users who don’t require access to a site’s administrative capabilities (such as freelancers) to upload and create content.
1 DreamHost’s Linux- or Windows-based packages start at $4.50 per month (for 512MB of RAM, 100GB of storage, and unlimited monthly data transfers) and go up to $48 per month (for 1TB of storage, unlimited monthly data transfers, and 1TB of RAM) (for four CPU cores, 8GB of RAM, 100GB of storage, and unlimited monthly data transfers).
If you’re looking for classic VPS hosting, have a look at Hostwinds, the Editors’ Choice in this area, which offers an excellent virtual private server bundle.
No Dedicated Web Hosting
SiteGround does not provide a dedicated hosting tier, either. For those seeking for dedicated web hosting, we recommend having a look at AccuWeb, which was named Editors’ Choice for dedicated web hosting by PCMag. Apart from offering a choice between Linux and Windows operating systems, it also offers a maximum of 512GB of RAM, 2TB of storage, and 20TB of data transfers per month at its most expensive tier.
WordPress Web Hosting
WordPress hosting is provided by SiteGround, as is the case with many of its rivals. As a result, SiteGround manages your WordPress installation, providing you with better security, automated daily backups, page caching, staging, and automated content management system upgrades. Additionally, it provides one-click installation as well as a free account transfer. In addition to offering a free domain name, SiteGround also provides large discounts on domain registration. In terms of pricing, the plans are comparable to the company’s shared hosting options.
- Startup ($9.95 per month), SiteGround’s entry-level WordPress plan, provides just 10GB of storage space, a maximum of 10,000 monthly visits, and the ability to host a single WordPress site at a time.
- Growing on the success of GrowBig, the most expensive plan, GoGeek ($29.95 per month), provides 30GB of storage and 100,000 monthly visitors.
- SiteGround also provides a plethora of free WordPress themes to its customers.
- As opposed to other WordPress hosting providers, A2, the Linux-based PCMag Editors’ Choice for WordPress hosting, does not impose any visitor limits.
- With the top-tier Managed plan ($75.48 a month), you get site staging, which allows you to test site changes before they go live.
- Siteground provides a small number of WordPressplug-ins that help to improve the site-building experience.
- It is designed to allow you to select exactly what you want and publish your website in a shorter amount of time.
- In addition, if you want to create a WordPress site that is not managed, you can do so.
- It opened a wizard that led me through the process of installing the software.
I was also able to enable the Clef plug-in through SiteGround, which allows users to connect into WordPress using their smartphones rather than their traditional username and password. I was really aback and delighted to find these sophisticated features on this page.
Revamped Reseller Web Hosting
Reseller hosting packages are no longer available from SiteGround as a separate service. Instead, the Client white-label option, which is available to GoGeek and Cloud hosting users, allows them to provide clients with access to their site administration tools. Additionally, Cloud plans enable users to establish customized hosting packages for each customer based on the resources that are required. The reseller is in charge of customer service and billing, as well as charging clients. Hostwinds goes the additional mile to provide more liberal specifications in a variety of server categories, which is ideal if you’re looking for a more complete reseller offering.
Setting Up a Website
SiteGround relies on Weebly as its go-to website-building platform of choice. It was a wise decision since Weebly allowed me to create visually appealing web pages without having to devote a significant amount of time to them. Text, photos, and video were easily added to my test pages thanks to Weebly’s drag-and-drop interface. Please read our Weebly review for additional details on this straightforward website builder. As an additional service, SiteGround provides WordPress Starter, which is a simple-to-use content management system with a carefully chosen collection of free themes and plug-ins.
E-Commerce and SSL
Instead of utilizing Weebly, I could have started with e-commerce software such as PrestaShop, CS-Cart, or Magento and built my website from the ground up. The AutoInstallers section of the control panel contains icons for each of these platforms, making it simple to locate them. If you want, you may visit Softaculous and choose from among the 30 available alternatives, which include Zen Cart, ShoWare, OpenCart, and Axis, just to mention a few. Using Magento’s drag-and-drop shop builder, I was able to develop a visually appealing online store.
- Similarly, if you only require an app for invoicing and billing, there is also an application for that as well.
- All plans above the shared StartUp tier from the web host include them at no additional cost.
- Wildcard is available for purchase separately.
- Otherwise, it’s $60 per year for a family membership.
A number of security features are available from SiteGround, including the SG Site Scanner, which will notify you if your site has been compromised, the anti-spam tools SpamAssassin and SpamExperts, hotlink prevention, and IP address blocklists. It checks all of the links on your homepage to ensure that they are all safe to click on. Website hosting provider SiteGround also offers a unique tool called Leech Protect, which allows administrators to prohibit users from giving out or publicly disclosing their passwords to certain areas of the site.
While any website owner can simply join up with CloudFlare, the integration (which is accessible for free!) implies that more individuals who were previously unaware of the service may now take use of it.
It scans your website to determine if it has any malware, either in the code or on the website, using an automated software scanning tool.
It’s a good idea to run it on a regular basis since the last thing you want to see in your email inbox are letters from disgruntled people complaining that visiting your website contaminated their machines. SiteGround also provides free daily backups to help you keep your data safe.
One of the most crucial components of a hosting service is the uptime of the website. Clients or consumers will be unable to discover you or access your products or services if your website is down for any reason. The uptime of my test sites is tracked using a website monitoring program during a two-week period, which I employ for my testing. Approximately every 15 minutes, the program pings my website and provides me an alert if it is unable to make contact with the site for more than one minute.
SiteGround claims that their primary focus is on client assistance, and this is shown in the numerous wizards, knowledgebase articles, and tutorials available through the service. Customer service is offered through a ticket-based system, live chat, and toll-free telephone help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I tried out SiteGround’s live chat and was very surprised with how quickly someone responded to my question. It took only a few seconds before I was connected to a chat representative.
The phone line was also available during business hours on a weekday morning, and I spoke with a person about how to migrate my WordPress.com configuration into SiteGround.
However, I like DreamHost’s extensive, 97-day money-back guarantee over the competition.
For Beginners, Businesses, and Beginner Businesses
It is evident that SiteGround is marketing itself as a hosting service for newcomers, particularly those in the small company sector. Everything about SiteGround’s services, from its features to its support resources, is tailored at small companies, single proprietors, and independent contractors who don’t have a lot of design time or extensive web knowledge. Furthermore, if you do not anticipate a large number of visitors to your site on a daily basis, you may not be concerned with having unlimited storage space or unlimited monthly data transfers, and so the limits of SiteGround in those areas may not be a concern for you.
Small companies are particularly vulnerable to internet assaults, and it is likely that they will not invest in a site scanner to hunt for malware or in a cloud provider to defend them from a denial-of-service attack, as is the case with larger corporations.
Even so, if you want larger storage and bandwidth allotments, as well as a powerful VPS or dedicated server, consider switching to one of the Editors’ Choice hosts, such as Dreamhost, HostGator, Hostwinds, or Liquid Web, for more sophisticated features and increased storage.
More information on getting started online may be found in our guide on how to construct a website. Alternatively, you might be interested in reading our article on how to register a domain name for your website.
The Bottom Line
The uptime and customer service provided by SiteGround are excellent, however dedicated, virtual private server, and Windows servers must be purchased from a different provider. Subscribe to Lab Report/strong> to receive the newest product reviews and expert product recommendations sent directly to your email. , “first published at: 2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z, published at: 2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z, last published at: 2021-09-30T21:24:08.00000Z, created at:null, updated at: 2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z (first published at: 2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z)” x
Like What You’re Reading?
SiteGround Reviews by 4,882 Users and Our Experts (2022)
Siteground is one of the most well regarded WordPress hosting providers in the industry. They are well-known for providing excellent customer service as well as dependable and speedy hosting solutions. Their WordPress-optimized hosting offers everything you’ll need to start and build a successful website or blog, including a domain name. You can find out if SiteGround is the appropriate host for you by reading our comprehensive SiteGround review. In this in-depth SiteGround review, we’ll put their claims to the test and see how they stack up.
- Performance: The speed with which a website loads is critical to its success. How quickly will your website load if you use SiteGround? Will your website remain online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year without experiencing any downtime? Service and Support: Can you rely on their customer service and support? Specifications:Do they provide you with all of the features and tools you’ll need to create your website? Pricing:Can you tell me how much it would cost you? Are there any SiteGround promotions that you can take advantage of to save money?
This is a comprehensive SiteGround review that includes a full study of the hosting service provided by SiteGround. Please see below for a brief scorecard and our final conclusion if you do not wish to read the whole hosting review in its entirety.
|SiteGround Review Summary|
|Average load time||491 ms|
|Average response time||137 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
|Start with SiteGround|
The bottom result is that we found SiteGround to be substantially speedier and more dependable than the competition. Hosting options are customizable, and the company’s customer service is among the most excellent in the market. As a result, we’ve picked SiteGround as one of the finest WordPress hosting companies to suggest to readers. Now, let’s have a look at our in-depth SiteGround review so that you can understand how we came to that conclusion and make your own decision.
Siteground was established in 2004 and has since evolved to become one of the most well-known web hosting firms in the world. Its headquarters are in Sofia, Bulgaria, and it has offices in four different cities as well as data centers on three other continents. Today, the firm employs more than 500 people and hosts more than 2,000,000 domain names, according to its website.
Pros and Cons of SiteGround
Each hosting provider has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Certain advantages might outweigh the negatives, but some disadvantages can be a complete deal-breaker depending on your specific requirements.
Before making a selection, you may want to consider the SiteGround advantages and disadvantages listed below. Pros Here are some of the features that have helped to establish SiteGround as one of the world’s best web hosting providers. 1.
- Servers that are really fast: All of SiteGround’s servers have been specifically designed to be fast. For all new clients, they employ the Google Cloud platform, which is one of the quickest systems available on the market. Customer Service that is second to none: To put it mildly, their customer service is outstanding. They provide phone assistance, live chat help, and ticket-based support around the clock. SSL and CDN are provided for free. They provide rapid deployment of Cloudflare’s free content delivery network (CDN) and a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt. There are several server locations. They have data centers located on three different continents. During the register process, you have the option of selecting your preferred location.
Cons As previously said, every hosting business has its disadvantages, which we will discuss in more detail below. The following are some of the drawbacks of using SiteGround as your web hosting provider.
- Storage Space is Limited: Their designs include a limited amount of permanent storage. However, this storage capacity is substantial, and if you are just getting started, you will almost certainly never want additional storage. Monthly billing incurs a higher fee: If you pick monthly billing, the hosting service becomes more expensive. The cost and discount will be greater should you sign up for a longer billing term, though. In any case, they have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so it’s a smart idea to pick a longer payment term when you join up.
While cost is sometimes a consideration when selecting a web host, you should never sacrifice performance for a cheaper price. As a result, we decided to conduct our own tests in order to completely evaluate SiteGround’s performance.
SiteGround Speed Test Results
One of the most crucial performance metrics that you should check at is the response time. A quicker website provides a better user experience while also improving your search engine optimization. In fact, a one second delay can result in a 7 percent reduction in conversions, an 11 percent reduction in page visits, and a 16 percent reduction in customer satisfaction. With the help of SiteGround, we set up a WordPress-powered test site and populated it with dummy material for theme development, including photos.
- These were the outcomes that we obtained: As you can see, our test site loaded in less than a second (491 milliseconds to be exact), earning it a performance score of 94 points overall.
- We utilized a program called K6 to see how well SiteGround’s servers will perform under higher traffic loads (formerly LaodImpact).
- You can view the results in the chart to the right: The green line represents the number of virtual users that are now active on the site, while the blue line represents the response time of the server.
- Based on this test, it appears like SiteGround is an excellent choice if you want a website that is really quick.
- Almost all SiteGround servers are now housed on the Google Cloud Platform, which was previously known as Google Compute Engine.
- Websites hosted on shared hosting accounts typically experience a little slowdown during peak traffic hours.
In the event that your website consumes excessive server resources, most shared hosting firms will terminate the server operation. Your website will be unavailable as a result of this. We checked the uptime of our SiteGround website and found that it was completely up all of the time.
SiteGround Server Response Time
The content of your website has a significant influence on the time it takes for a page to load. In the case of high-resolution photographs on a website, the total page load time will be greatly increased. As a result, the results of speed tests may not exactly reflect how quick your hosting server is in reality. The real server response time was tested as well, rather than just the page load time, as we had originally planned. This was accomplished through the use of a program known as Bitcatcha.
- Bitcatcha also provides an estimate of the average loading speed from various worldwide regions.
- Consider the screenshot below, which shows the final outcome.
- In the United States, the response time from the server was a fraction of a second.
- SiteGround also allows you to alter the location of your server, allowing you to select a datacenter that is closer to your intended audience, resulting in even faster response times in that specific region.
SiteGround Hosting Plans and Features
In addition to shared hosting, SiteGround also provides WordPress hosting, cloud computing, and dedicated hosting solutions to its customers. If you are just getting started, their shared hosting plans might be an excellent fit for your requirements. But your site will ultimately expand in size, and you’ll want to be sure that they have additional options that you may upgrade to if necessary. Let’s have a look at the SiteGround hosting plans and the features they provide.
- The use of shared hosting is highly suggested for new websites, bloggers, small businesses, and online stores in the early stages of development. It is appropriate for websites with low traffic because you will be sharing resources with other websites that are housed on the same server. This plan is a WordPress optimized version of their shared hosting plan, which is available for purchase separately. In addition, it includes SiteGround’s in-house WordPress optimizations, which will help you increase the speed of your website. See SiteGround for further information. WordPress hosting and WooCommerce hosting are both available. This plan is a customized version of their shared hosting plan that is suited for WooCommerce. Included with the package are SiteGround’s optimizations, which will significantly enhance the overall speed of your online business. See SiteGround for further information. Hosting for WooCommerce
- Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting plans offer a flexible upgrade path from a shared hosting solution to a dedicated hosting solution. It enables you to take use of cloud architecture’s resources, which include numerous cores of CPU and bandwidth. It is appropriate for expanding websites, popular blogs, and small enterprises, among other things. It can also act as an upgrade from virtual private servers (VPS) and regular dedicated servers. See SiteGround Cloud hosting for further information.
This website is hosted on SiteGround’s Enterprise hosting infrastructure, which is an improved version of their Cloud platform designed for large sites like WPBeginner.
Breakdown of SiteGround’s Shared Hosting Plans
SiteGround’s shared hosting plans are the most cost-effective method to start a new website. Their shared hosting services are offered in three distinct price ranges to accommodate various budgets.
- Startup:This plan is only capable of hosting one website at a time. It comes with 10 GB of disk space and is suited for hosting a website with a monthly traffic of 10,000 visitors. Along with that, you’ll get all the essentials such as 1-click WordPress installation
- Free setup
- Website transfer
- Daily backups
- Built-in caching (SuperCacher)
- A complimentary CDN
- A complimentary SSL certificate
- And more. GrowBig: The GrowBig package gives you the ability to host an infinite number of websites. It includes 20 GB of disk space and is suited for hosting websites with a monthly traffic volume of 25,000 visitors. With this plan, you’ll get all of the capabilities of the Startup plan, plus premium features such as ultrafast PHP for even quicker page load times, on-demand backups, an easy Staging tool, and the ability to add collaborators to your websites. GoGeek: The GoGeek plan is designed specifically for eCommerce websites. It is capable of handling websites with 100,000 visitors per month. GrowBig’s capabilities are enhanced with the inclusion of priority support, more server capacity, sophisticated features such as one-click git repo creation, and the ability to handle white-label clients to your sites.
Each Siteground plan includes speedier disk storage, email accounts, support for Cloudflare’s free content delivery network, and a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt as part of the package. They also offer numerous popular WordPress plugins, such as WPForms, OptinMonster, and All in One SEO, to assist you in improving the ranks of your website.
SiteGround Support and Customer Service
You’ll find glowing reviews of SiteGround’s customer care service all over the internet. Their customer service team is very effective at providing consumers with prompt, friendly, and educated assistance when needed. Their customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone, live chat, and email tickets. Their response speeds on the phone and over live chat are practically instantaneous. Tickets sent by email receive their initial answer in less than 10 minutes. Users who want to troubleshoot issues on their own can find a wealth of information in SiteGround’s knowledge base, which includes screenshots, videos, tutorials, and other resources.
Because we utilize SiteGround to host numerous of our websites, we can confidently state that their customer service representatives are quite educated.
Conclusion: Is SiteGround the Right Choice for You?
After reading our in-depth SiteGround review, you may be asking if SiteGround is the best web hosting company for your particular website needs. If you are looking for a web hosting company that is both quick and trustworthy, as well as providing excellent customer service, then SiteGround is the right choice for you. They provide hosting options for any budget, and each plan comes with a robust collection of features to make your website stand out from the crowd. In addition to SSD storage and site tools, all of their shared hosting plans include with a 1-click WordPress installer, Let’s Encrypt free SSL and Cloudflare CDN service, and free migration.
If you are just getting started with a website for the first time, you will undoubtedly enjoy the customer service provided by SiteGround.
To get started, simply click here to select your hosting package.
With our SiteGround promo code, WPBeginner customers can take advantage of an exceptional 70 percent discount as well as a free SSL certificate. All you have to do to make a purchase is click on this link. The discount will be applied in the background automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions about SiteGround Hosting
In this comprehensive SiteGround review, we examined all areas of the company’s web hosting services. Our users regularly ask us questions about SiteGround, and the following are some of the most commonly asked questions we receive. 1. In which countries do SiteGround’s servers reside? SiteGround’s servers are hosted in three different locations: the United States, Europe, and Singapore. During the registration process, you will have the option of selecting a server location. 2. What are the benefits of using SiteGround for WordPress hosting?
- Each plan comes with its own set of in-house security features as well as WordPress optimizations that help to improve the speed and efficiency of your WordPress site.
- Existing WordPress websites may also be moved using the SiteGround Migrator plugin, which is available for free.
- SiteGround is a WordPress and WooCommerce hosting company that specializes on both platforms.
- They are one of the most popular WooCommerce hosting companies, and they make it extremely simple to launch an online store without the need for any specialized technical knowledge.
- Does SiteGround have a website creation tool?
- The reason for this is because they want consumers to be able to select the finest website builder for their requirements.
On the SiteGround platform, you have the ability to construct an infinite number of web pages with no limitations.
Does SiteGround provide cPanel hosting?
No, SiteGround does not provide cPanel hosting any longer.
This enables them to provide managed WordPress hosting-like capabilities without the high prices associated with managed WordPress hosting.
Is SiteGround a better hosting service than Bluehost?
SiteGround outperforms Bluehost when it comes to overall performance, technical infrastructure, and customer service quality, among other factors.
Bluehost outperforms SiteGround in terms of cost since not only is it 50 percent less expensive, but they also include a free domain name with each account, making it a better value overall.
All of them used to provide the same services and technology, but SiteGround has really stepped up its game in terms of innovation over the last year.
No, SiteGround does not provide a complimentary domain name.
You may alternatively purchase a domain name from another registrar and have it pointed to your SiteGround account as an alternative.
Is it possible to terminate my SiteGround account and receive a full refund?
During this time period, you are welcome to try out their services.
Domain name registrations, on the other hand, are non-refundable.
Which SiteGround plan is the most appropriate for my needs?
Each SiteGround plan comes with a unique set of server resources. However, if you’re just getting started, their Startup plan might be ideal for your needs. You have the option to upgrade at any time if you require more resources. To get started, select your SiteGround hosting package.
Web Hosting Services Crafted with Care – SiteGround
Get small to medium-sized websites up and running quickly and securely. Managed
Manage your WordPress websites with greater ease and independence. High-Intensity Performance
Woo hosting that is optimized will help you grow your business. Trusted by the owners of over 280,000 domain names
Tools and Services for Seamless Site Building
Website creation and administration has been simplifiedEasyFast
Do you need a website but aren’t sure where to begin? A complete solution is provided, including your choice of sitebuilder, premium features, and the assistance you require to establish your site. Are you unsure about where to begin developing your website? We’ve made it simple for you to utilize some of the most popular sitebuilding tools on all of our designs by including them as standard features. A free Weebly sitebuilder and a free WordPress installation are provided by us. Weebly is regarded to be one of the most user-friendly website builders available, and it is especially recommended for first-time users due of its simple drag and drop editor.
On all of our plans, we provide a complimentary version!
It is suggested for sites that want to develop over time because to the multitude of themes and plugins available, as well as the enormous community that supports it.
Use our free automatic WordPress migration service, which includes a simple WordPress plugin, or a professional website transfer performed by our specialists.
Free WordPress Migrator
We have made it simple for clients who want to migrate their WordPress sites to do it themselves. To get started, just install our WordPress Migrator plugin on your site and generate a token that will be used to trigger the transfer of your website from your SiteGround hosting account. After that, everything is straightforward, and you may move as many installations as you want without difficulty.
Our expert website migration service starts at 24.00 €Excl. VAT per site and may be completed in as little as one day. Our professionals will take care of everything, including moving your files and databases. Our team migrates more than 50,000 sites every year, and we are well-versed in how to make the process as seamless and risk-free as possible for you! All users will benefit from this product.
WordPress installs, automated migrations and upgrades, sophisticated caching, our proprietary Optimizer and Security plugins, and professional support are included in all of our managed WordPress services. Designers and design agencies prefer it.
Client management, collaboration on sites, and the transfer of ownership of freshly developed sites are all made simple with our fantastic range of tools.
Ship Sites to Clients
You have the ability to move a website from your Account to another SiteGround client and make suggestions regarding the hosting plan and extra services that they should use to complete the transfer.
This is particularly important for designers, developers, and companies that are delivering websites to clients on time.
Collaborators Can Be Added
It is possible to add collaborators to any website hosted on any of our hosting options. Individuals who have been added as collaborators will have their own access to the Site Tools of the website that they are assisting in the development and/or maintenance of. They also get access to a Client Area where they may communicate with our support staff if any assistance is required as part of the site’s upkeep.
White-label Reselling and Client Management
When you use GoGeek or Cloud hosting services, you may provide your clients access to the Site Tools of the websites you develop for them under their own brand name. When your customer signs into their website’s Site Tools, they will not be able to see the SiteGround logo or name anywhere on the page. This product was just just introduced.
Our platform is powered by Google Cloud
We run our hosting service on Google Cloud in order to provide a robust and technically better solution.
Distributed SSD persistent storage
A Google SSD persistent storage system with numerous redundancies is being used by the team. We can simply spin up a new virtual machine on another hosting node in our cloud space in the event that the hosting server fails, and attach the distributed storage volume to the new instance instead of the faulty one, thereby avoiding the need to perform backup and restore operations on the faulty server.
State-of-the-art network for faster sites
Google is regarded for maintaining one of the quickest and most powerful networks in the world, which means that using their service will result in a high level of speed for the websites of our clients. Another global network that is more well connected than the Internet is difficult to imagine.
100% Renewable energy match
Our clients’ websites will load faster as a consequence of employing Google’s service because the company is recognized for maintaining one of the quickest and most powerful networks available. Another global network that is more well connected than the Internet is difficult to imagine!
SSD persistent storage
Distributed storage based on solid-state drives (SSDs) for maximum performance and redundancy.
Google is well-known for having one of the fastest and most well-connected networks in the world.
100% renewable energy match
Google makes every effort to offset 100 percent of the energy utilized by their activities with clean energy.
Powerful solutions built in-house
We develop in-house solutions that enable your sites to function more quickly and securely.
Developing intelligent in-house solutions and using cutting-edge technology is our passion and our profession. We were early adopters of secure account separation and were among the first to make use of Linux container technology. Because we wanted to guarantee that this new lightweight virtualization technology satisfied our high security and reliability criteria, we substantially altered it. We implemented a bespoke Let’s Encrypt SSL interface for our clients as soon as the service was made available to the public.
Every day, we thwart approximately 5 million brute-force assaults with an unique artificial intelligence engine that we developed. Moreover, this is only the beginning. We are always innovating in order to provide you with the finest service possible.
We think that managed hosting allows our clients to concentrate on their core business while eliminating the need for them to worry about hosting-related tasks and responsibilities. We provide automatic WordPress updates that you can set to run on a schedule or leave on auto-pilot. We use the most recent PHP versions, but you have the option to swap between them. However, you may simply turn off static caching for your website or add additional layers, such as dynamic cache and memcached, to get the performance you desire.
We have a team of specialized security professionals who monitor software vulnerabilities on a regular basis on both the server and website levels. They are actively involved in the development of security fixes and modifications to help avoid such threats. We have introduced 300 custom rules to our Web Application Firewall in the last year alone, which have prevented the exploitation of several third-party software vulnerabilities that have been reported but not yet patched.
Expert Hosting Support Our Customers Love
Our Customer Care staff is one of the most highly rated support teams on the internet, and they are quick, multi-skilled, and helpful.
A support desk that is open 24 hours a day
Always willing to provide a hand
Pickup and resolution in a jiffy
Customer satisfaction is important.
Trusted by Clients and Industry Experts Alike
We are hosting 2,800,000 domains while simultaneously reducing website owners’ stress levels, increasing their productivity, and maybe making them a bit happy. Our clients’ positive feedback, which we get on a regular basis, is an honor and a source of pride for us. We’re pleased to report that our customer satisfaction rating is 98 percent, and that it has been increasing year after year for the past five years. Take a look at the reviews
He is the founder of the most popular WordPress teaching site, wpbeginner.com, and the proprietor of multiple plugins that combined power millions of websites. The hosting service SiteGround provides is an excellent choice for any of your WordPress projects, whether they are new or existing. They are able to provide a solution that is both solid and safe while also being extremely quick due to the particular technologies they have built just for WordPress users.”
Joost de Valk
The creator of the oldest and most commonly used SEO plugin for WordPress, which is utilized by more than 5 million sites around the world. “We keep track of which hosts receive a disproportionate number of support requests so that we may reach out to them directly.” We had a difficult time locating SiteGround on that list since we had received so few complaints from customers who were hosted by them.”
One of the most active core contributors to WordPress, as well as an organizer of WordCamps and a regular speaker at conferences and events. “One of the things I enjoy about SiteGround is that the support staff is quite polite and attentive.
Aside from that, I really like how simple it is to work on my site locally, send it to GitHub, and everything shows on the server almost instantly. The fact that I no longer have to worry about the site and its improvements is really appreciated.”
Impress.org is run by a WordPress developer with a solid expertise in the non-profit sector who is presently a partner and the company’s chief operating officer It’s impossible for me to express how pleased I am with SiteGround. The GoGeek shared hosting platform is highly recommended for developers on a tight budget who require sophisticated capabilities like as staging, GitHub integration, and of course the SuperCache.”
I am a WordPress developer with a solid expertise in the non-profit sector, and I am presently a partner and Chief Operating Officer atImpress.org. It’s impossible for me to express how pleased I am with SiteGround’s services. I really suggest their GoGeek shared hosting platform if you are a developer on a tight budget but yet want sophisticated capabilities such as staging, GitHub connection, and, of course, the SuperCacher.”
In addition to being a member of the WordPress core team, she is also a highly regarded plugin developer. “I am quite enthusiastic about web performance. It requires a hosting company that is dedicated to performance to match that level of enthusiasm. WordPress data, assets, and pages are cached at the flick of a button thanks to SG Optimizer’s strong caching engine. “Even on the shared plans!” says the author.
A web and user experience designer who is also involved in the Dutch WordPress community. “I switched all of my clients’ WordPress websites over to SiteGround hosting a few years ago, and it turned out to be the finest decision I ever made,” says the author. I can now add new clients, new websites, SSL certificates, and other features with the click of a button from a single dashboard. By utilizing the staging environment, it is simple to experiment with new features on your website. You may easily upload it to the production site with a single click.
Kinney Firm was founded by an intellectual property attorney who also happens to be its creator. “I have been a satisfied customer of SiteGround for the past two years. Using everything from their easy-to-use migrator tool, which allowed me to rapidly move domains from another platform, to their automated WordPress updates, which aid me in maintaining the operation of my sites, they have made hosting simple for someone with no technical knowledge.”
Officially recommended by WordPress.org
If you are just getting started with a WordPress-based website, SiteGround could be the right choice for you. Managed WordPress hosting is available on all of the firm’s plans, which implies that the company takes care of crucial services such as automated WordPress update deployment. SiteGround also offers WordPress command line administration (WP-CLI) on all of its plans, which is a feature that is not widely available. That is not to imply that SiteGround is solely for WordPress users; it also supports a wide range of other content management systems, as well as static websites hosted on generic servers.
- Additional Information:WordPress review– a comprehensive examination of WordPress.org and advice on how to get the most out of it.
- A company representative will conduct the transfer for you.
- While SiteGround provides unmetered data transmission, the StartUp bundle is only capable of supporting around 10,000 visitors per month at the moment.
- Additionally, WordPress staging is included on GoGeek, the company’s most expensive plan, making it easy to test updates to your site before putting them live.
- Git is a version control system that keeps track of and controls all coding changes.
- Git is a more advanced user feature that might be beneficial if you have a team of developers working on your website at the same time.
- It is recommended that you choose this level of service for sites that receive a lot of traffic, such as businesses and prominent online destinations or services.
- The hardware and bandwidth are the most important aspects of these schemes.
With the top-tier Super Power plan, you get 8 CPU cores, 10GB of RAM, 120GB of SSD storage, and the same 5TB of data transmission as the lower-tier Super Power plan. Customized enterprise hosting solutions are also available from SiteGround.
SiteGround Review (Jan 2021) – Last 12-Month Performance Stats
The content on Themeisle is completely free. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our referral links, we receive a commission. Read on to find out more The world of website hosting may be a difficult place to navigate for the uninitiated. Many hosting businesses compete for your business, and it can be tough to determine which ones are worth your money before giving over your hard-earned money to them. Today, in this SiteGround review for WordPress, we’ll see how the company’s service compares to the rest of the field.
It’s one of the few firms that is publicly endorsed on WordPress.org, and it’s also one of the top options, according to a recent hosting poll conducted by WordPress users.
Let’s get this party started!
SiteGround review for WordPress specific features
Many WordPress-specific features are available with SiteGround, including:
- Installation of WordPress is simple with SiteGround
- It takes only a few clicks to get started. Website transfers to SiteGround are completely free. If you already have a WordPress.org website hosted somewhere else, SiteGround will assist you with the transfer procedure. WordPress auto-updater (also known as a plugin): Do you find it difficult to keep up with WordPress updates? The SiteGround team takes care of everything for you in the background. Cache your WordPress site on three distinct levels with WordPressSuperCacher, a SiteGround-specific tool that allows your WordPress site to load quicker. WordPress staging with a single click: By using this tool, you can quickly and easily build a staged replica of your website and make updates without having to worry about making changes to your original (and live) website. Installation of Git for WordPress is completely free: It’s possible to install the Git for WordPress tool on your SiteGround hosting account if you prefer getting your hands dirty with coding.
The fact that not all functions are available to every user should be noted; additional features become available when purchasing one of SiteGround’s higher-tiered plans.
When evaluating a website hosting service, it is essential to look at the support options that are provided. Regardless of what time of day or night it is, if your website isn’t running properly, you’ll want someone on hand to assist you as quickly as possible. SiteGround provides the following assistance and support:
- A live chat, ticketing, and phone support system that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- The availability of a detailed and extensive information base Pre-recorded webinars to assist clients in understanding the many capabilities that are accessible
- Tutorials to assist clients in getting the most out of SiteGround
When researching and writing this SiteGround review for WordPress, we used their live chat system to communicate with their team. We found them to be quite responsive and knowledgable about both their hosting service and WordPress itself. The folks that work in SiteGround’s live chat service are the sort of people who will make you feel comfortable and at ease. In our conversation, we asked them a lot of questions, including specifics on the hosting technology utilized by SiteGround and how its WordPress-specific features functioned.
We also went through their webinars, tutorials, and knowledge base, all of which we found to be quite informative.
When it comes to optimizing performance levels, website hosting businesses often make use of a number of collaborative technologies in addition to a variety of server locations located all over the world. To get into the technical aspects of this SiteGround review for WordPress, let’s have a look at the technologies that are offered with their hosting packages:
- SSD. This storage media, which is also known as a ‘Solid State Drive,’ is far quicker than a Hard Disk Drive (HDD). NGINX is a piece of hardware that SiteGround makes available to all of its customers on all of its servers. SuperCacher is a web server that is an alternative to the Apache web server that has the potential to provide speed gains owing to a lighter design. Website delivery network (CDN), a SiteGround-specific technology that speeds up WordPress through three distinct levels of caching. In computing, a Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of computers that delivers websites to users based on their geographic location, hence enhancing the performance of the website. SiteGround relies on CloudFlare as their CDN of choice, which supports HTTP/2. A significant modification of the HTTP network protocol, PHP7, has been released, which considerably enhances the speed of websites. This is the most recent version of PHP, which has further performance benefits, and it may be selected from SiteGround’s control panel if you prefer to utilize it
- However, it is not required.
And last but not least, SiteGround’s servers may be located in locations all over the world. To be more specific, in London, Amsterdam, Chicago, and Singapore, among other cities. Having said that, because the network is not very large, you may notice a decrease in performance if you are catering to more distant audiences than usual. Map of the server through Now that we’ve spoken about SiteGround’s performance in theory, it’s time to put our theories to the test in real-world situations.
Pingdom and Load Impact will be used in the following section of our SiteGround review for WordPress to see how well SiteGround performs in terms of performance.
Page speed tests with Pingdom
Using Pingdom, we ran our sandbox website three times, once for each of three separate server locations, in order to conduct this test. After summing them up, the following were the average timings for each server:
- Melbourne’s time was 1.563 seconds, New York’s was 0.645 seconds, and Stockholm’s was 1.390 seconds.
Given how rapidly people will depart a page before it has fully loaded, these figures appear to be rather satisfactory. It’s logical that the greater the distance between a server and a user (as was the case with Melbourne), the longer it will take for a page to load – yet SiteGround has performed admirably in this situation.
Basic load testing with Load Impact
The Load Impact tool measures site performance by simulating around 25 concurrent people visiting the homepage over the course of five minutes. The findings of this examination were as follows:
- Maximum Response Time:1.480 seconds
- Minimal Response Time:0.738 seconds
- Load Generator:Portland, US
- Minimum Response Time:0.738 seconds
- Maximum Response Time:1.480 seconds
The results of our Load Impact testing corroborate the findings of our Pingdom tests. Overall, SiteGround has done brilliantly – and regardless of where you are located, site performance should not be a problem for your visitors.
SiteGround, like other service providers, provides a number of different price tiers:
- This bundle is excellent for startups and small enterprises who desire to host a single website with less than 10,000 visits per month, as indicated by the name StartUp ($3.99 per month). It is recommended for bigger enterprises with several websites that receive up to 25,000 visits per month to use GrowBig ($6.69 per month). GoGeek ($10.69 per month): SiteGround’s most costly plan is designed for large businesses with websites that receive upwards of 100,000 monthly visits
- It is also the most popular.
SiteGround’s lowest plans are more than competitive with those of its competitor. Example: The lowest managed WordPress hosting plan from Bluehost costs $19.99 per month, but GoDaddy’s identical plan costs $4-$5 per month, depending on the package selected.
Overall pros and cons
As a result of our extensive investigation into the many aspects of the company’s service in this SiteGround review, let us summarize our conclusions.
- A fantastic collection of WordPress-specific features
- Various technologies, such as solid-state drives, content delivery networks, and PHP7, are being employed
- This technology is current and highly trustworthy. There are several support solutions available, as well as qualified professionals on hand
- The page load time was reasonable, and the load testing results were comparable
- Pricing is competitive for a competent WordPress hosting option
- Nevertheless, there are limitations.
- We thought the SiteGround control panel to be a little dated in appearance — a revamp is most definitely in due
SiteGround review for WordPress: Conclusion
Overall, SiteGroundis an excellent example of a high-quality WordPress hosting provider. It is jam-packed with WordPress-specific functionality, as well as useful support options and a competitive pricing structure. Because of its inherent SuperCaching function, as well as its overall quick page loading speeds, we suggest SiteGround to anybody looking for a reliable host that can deliver a lightning-fast website experience. And it’s not just me that believes this. According to our most current web hosting survey, SiteGround received the following customer ratings:
|USER RATING||WILL YOU EXTEND?||WORDPRESS-PROFICIENT SUPPORT|
|SiteGround||4.6 / 5||93%||4.5 / 5|
Do you have any previous experience with SiteGround? If so, please share your thoughts. Please share your thoughts in the comments box below! Please feel free to add your own SiteGround WordPress review below.
Guide is available for free download. * This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and then make a purchase, we will get a small commission on the sale of the product. It’s not a problem; you’ll still be charged the usual amount, so there will be no additional charge to you.
- Features that are unique to WordPress
- SSDs, CDNs, PHP7, and other cutting-edge technology
- Excellent customer service.
- The control panel is relatively plain in appearance
- Load speeds are slower in remote places