What is Amazon attribution and how does it work?
- Amazon Attribution is an advertising and analytics measurement solution that gives marketers insight into how their non-Amazon marketing channels across search, social, video, display, and email impact shopping activity and sales performance on Amazon.
How do I use attribution links on Amazon?
If you’re creating a link for anywhere else, choose “Set up an order.” Then select the product you want to link to from the list of your products below by pressing “Add” next to it. Then scroll down, give the order (Attribution Tag) a name and ID so you know exactly which one it is and hit “Continue to line items.”
How do I get started with Amazon attribution?
Get started with Amazon Attribution Once your account is created, sign in to add the products for which you want to measure conversions. From there, generate tags for each of your marketing strategies, and then implement tags across your search ads, social ads, display ads, video ads, and email marketing.
What is Amazon attribution tags?
The attribution tag is a tracking URL that works similarly to a Facebook or Google tracking pixel. Essentially, the tag “sticks” to a customer’s entire product search journey, starting from when they clicked on your external ad and ending when they reach your Amazon listing, where they may or may not make a purchase.
What is Amazon’s attribution window?
There can be several days between a shopper clicking a PPC ad and completing a purchase. To correctly attribute a sale to a campaign, Amazon waits as much as 14 days from an ad click to see if it leads to a sale. This period is called the attribution window. A shopper clicks on your advert on a Monday.
What is an attribution link?
Attribution links report user engagement with an ad. The engagement can be via a click on an ad or as a result of a user viewing an ad (impression). When a user clicks on an attribution link the user is redirected to download the app.
Where can display ads be placed?
Your text, image, and video ads can appear on the Google Display Network. The Display Network is a collection of websites—including specific Google websites like Google Finance, Gmail, Blogger, and YouTube—that show ads. This network also includes mobile sites and apps.
How do I download an Amazon Advertising Report?
How To Download The Amazon Search Term Report
- Select Reports from the top navigation bar.
- Select Advertising Reports from the dropdown menu.
- Select campaign, report type, and period (longer than 7 days is optimal)
- Select Create report.
- Download your search term report from the right column.
What is Amazon creative?
“Creative assets” enables brands to provide a consistent shopping experience by easily re-using brand content across Amazon through a single interface. You can upload files and organize them using tags and products in one central location for use across Amazon Advertising, and on Amazon shopping pages.
Can you install Facebook pixel on Amazon?
Facebook is a versatile advertising platform, and you can use a Facebook pixel for Amazon retargeting just like you would for any other webpage. Using a pixel for Amazon also enables remarketing efforts so you can capture more customers.
How can you achieve the maximum asset coverage on app campaigns?
To maximize ad combinations and placements, we encourage you to upload up to the maximum number of assets allowed for each asset type: 4 for text, 20 each for images, videos, and where applicable, HTML5. This can have the additional benefit of minimizing performance fluctuations when refreshing creative assets.
What is Amazon post?
What is the Amazon Posts program? Amazon Posts allows brand-registered sellers to share unique lifestyle images and product-related content through a “feed” that looks similar to other social media platforms. Customers will be able to scroll through your feed and click through directly to your product detail pages.
How long is Amazon’s lookback window from the point of conversion used in reporting ad attribute metrics?
Answers of Question How long is Amazon lookback window from the point of conversion, used in reporting ad-attributed metrics? is 14 days, asked in Amazon DSP Certification Exam.
What does DSP stand for on Amazon?
Sponsored Display is a self-service display advertising product, and Amazon DSP is a solution that allows you to programmatically purchase ads that include, but are not limited to, display ads.
What is attribution window?
An attribution window (or conversion window) is a defined period of time in which a publisher can claim that a click or impression led to an install. If a user clicks on a publisher’s ad and installs within that time, that publisher receives the credit.
Amazon Attribution Tool Step by Step Tutorial
Text-to-speech technology is being used to read this article.
What is Amazon Attribution Tool
The Amazon attribution tool is a self-service attribution tool that may be used to assess your Amazon performance based on traffic that does not originate from Amazon. As Amazon PPC specialists and seasoned Amazon sellers, we are continually generating off-Amazon traffic in order to improve our rankings. Therefore, this tool comes in useful since it helps you to attribute Amazon traffic much more accurately than you would be able to with other approaches such as counting coupon redemption. Events such as product page views (DPV), purchases, and sales are included in the conversion metrics of the Amazon Attribution system.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Attribution
Amazon attribution tool requires the creation of an Amazon attribution account, which may be accomplished through Amazon advertising. If you have not already done so, you can do so by clicking on this link. Following the configuration, you should be able to view your Amazon Attribution beta tool in the upper right toggle.
What can you Measure on Amazon Attribution Beta?
Amazon attribution can monitor the following events in addition to the ones listed above: The number of times a promoted product is added to a customer’s basket as a result of a consumer clicking on a connected ad. Also known as: ATCChannel The ad’s format (for example, Display, Social, Video, Email, or Search). Click-throughs are defined as a click on an advertising that takes the user to a location other than the web page where the advertisement was shown. Views of the detail pages The number of times the Amazon product detail pages for the advertised product have been viewed.
A given group of individuals is divided into segments depending on their demographics or behavioral characteristics.
Amazon Attribution Campaign Set Up
When defining the framework of your Amazon attribution campaign, you should consider the following questions:
- Specifically, what ASINs/Product Groups are you trying to track
- What is the source of the traffic coming from outside of the Amazon channel
- Is there a specific strategy or marketing that is being implemented inside the channel? For example, keyword ranking strategy or Father’s Day sale advertising are examples of such strategies.
This question will help you to categorize your items, distribution networks, and marketing techniques, which will allow you to maintain your attribution account well-organized. Now that you’ve figured out the answers to the previous questions, the campaign structure/hierarchy looks somewhat like this: Orders and Line Items have a one-to-many connection, and vice versa. The link between a Campaign and an Ad Group in Amazon PPC advertising is very similar. Orderis A collection of line items that monitor conversions and activity for the same ASINs is known as a grouping.
Consequently, when you establish an Order, you will first add a product group including associated ASIN(s), and then you will add a Line Item to the order that corresponds to a certain strategy or channel to sell through. I’ll go into the specifics in the part that follows this.
How to Create Amazon Attribution Tag?
In off-Amazon marketing, the click-through URL should be the same as the landing page URL, and vice versa.
4. Attribution tag created, copy the attribution tag and place it in your off-Amazon advertising campaign
On the advertising level of your Facebook advertisements, beneath theWebsite URLarea, you will include an Amazon attribution tag that points to your website. Inspect to ensure that the tag originates from the relevant Line Item that you have developed for this specific campaign and distribution channel (in this case Facebook)
Set up on Google Adwords
It is necessary to include the Amazon attribution tag in your Adwords account at the advertisements level, on the final URL field. Check to ensure that the tag comes from the relevant Line Item that you created for this particular campaign and distribution channel (in this case Google Adwords). For Google Ads, you need construct a new Line item just for them, based on the preceding example of Facebook. As a result, make certain that you apply the Amazon attribution tag for the Google AdWords Line item in this case.
Set up on Reddits
For Reddit advertisements, you will click “Create New Post” on the fieldDestination URL, which will be the location where you will include your Amazon attribution tag. Create a new Line Item just for your Reddit advertisements. We also offer a lesson on how to launch an Amazon product using Reddit Ads. Please feel free to look into it.
Amazon Attribution Reports and Measuring ongoing Results
You may generate a printable Amazon attribution report by navigating to the report center and selecting the toggle next to the Amazon advertising logo from the top navigation bar. Amazon Attribution provides three different kinds of reports: Performance, a keyword or something innovative, and Products: Performance reports are accessible for all orders and feature a choice of perspectives in both a daily breakdown and a single time period format. The keyword or creative report is only accessible for orders that have been bulk-created and contains data down to the keyword or creative level.
Choose one of the three report options from the drop-down menu.
Then select “Run” from the drop-down menu.
It is also possible that an Amazon campaign-related click will show up in the Amazon attribution dashboard very soon, but its associated sales/purchase may not display for many hours or even days after the campaign has ended.
You may generate a printable Amazon attribution report by navigating to the report center and selecting the toggle next to the Amazon advertising emblem from the navigation bar. It is possible to receive one of three kinds of reports from Amazon Attribution: In addition to performance, keywords or originality, Products: The performance report is accessible for all orders and contains a choice of perspectives in both a daily breakdown and as a single time period format. The keyword or creative report is only accessible for orders that have been bulk-created and offers data down to the keyword or creative levels.
Choose one of the three report options from the drop-down list.
Then select “Run” from the drop-down list.
It is also possible that an Amazon campaign-related click will show up in the Amazon attribution dashboard very soon, but its associated sales or purchases may not surface for many hours or even days after the campaign has ended.
Amazon Attribution For Better Conversions – Seller Updates
If you cannot attribute your sales to a particular part of your sales funnel, then you can’t optimize your marketing channels. If you have trieddriving external trafficto your Amazon listings, you know how hard tracking the campaign’s effectiveness is. You were left out to guess whether a customer followed through and purchased the product or not. Until recently, Amazon hadn’t offered any solutions to advertisers to measure their off-Amazon marketing efforts. However, with Amazon Attribution, brands can measure the impact of their search, social media, display, video, and email-based campaigns.
In this article, let’s take a look at Amazon Attribution, how it works, and how can you use it to boost your conversions.
A Quick Peek into the Content:
- What is Amazon Attribution and how does it work? Exactly why do you require Amazon Attribution? You must attract external traffic to your listings for a variety of reasons. What is an Attribution tag, and how does it work? What it takes to make one
- Keep track of your stats. Finally, some last ideas
What is Amazon Attribution?
Amazon Attribution beta is a measuring system that enables companies to track their marketing and advertising analytics across a variety of different platforms and devices. Marketing information gained from off-Amazon to-Amazon may now be measured and interpreted. With the help of this analytics console, you can efficiently maximize your return on investment (ROI) as well as sales. To understand more about the benefits of Amazon Seller Attribution, please watch this brief film on the subject.
Why do you need Amazon Attribution?
Once your advertisements are live, you can track their performance, improve them, and devise new techniques to maximize conversions.
Consider the following scenario: you sold 100 units of a product on Amazon. Amazon PPC campaigns will be able to be credited with 30 sales, according on the results. You were unable to determine if the remaining 70 purchases originated from organic search, paid advertisements, or any other social media sources. Sellers are in a difficult position until the latest iteration of Amazon Attribution is made available. Customers who purchase your goods on Amazon will be able to follow the precise path that led them from their previous search to your product listing thanks to the introduction of Amazon Attribution.
Optimize and Plan
When it comes to improving your sales funnel, Amazon Attribution may make a significant impact since it allows you to follow your clients throughout the whole purchase process. This provides you with information on the shopping habits of buyers. The information you gain will help you enhance the advertising efforts that are working for you and remove the ones that aren’t. Additionally, Amazon Attribution is a fantastic approach to boost your brand’s relationship with customers. Ankitha Nagaraj, Head of Customer Success at SellerApp, discusses Amazon Attribution as well as five more strategies to improve your brand’s presence on Amazon in this video.
Why do you need to drive traffic to listings?
Allow me to point you a few things to consider before you ask yourself this question:
- Amazon is the starting point for more than half of all product searches (Source). In what ways can you cash in on the sales that are pouring in via other channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and Google, among others
- When it comes to marketing in the digital world, knowing and optimizing for your consumers is critical. What is the best way to learn about the purchase behavior of consumers who are switching from another platform to Amazon
- Amazon is a well-established site with a huge client base and strong exposure. Even if you have a website, there is a good probability that clients will prefer to shop on Amazon rather than your website.
Amazon Attribution offers remedies to the issues raised above.
In addition, you can optimize additional elements such as:
- Increase the number of potential consumers and re-engage them using Amazon DSP in order to increase sales velocity. Demand should be generated through prospective channels (such as Facebook). Identify assets that can help you identify your brand across multiple channels and direct them to your Amazon landing page or the Amazon store.
Who can use it?
Amazon Attribution is now available to brand-registered professional sellers, merchants, and agencies that offer their products on Amazon’s marketplace. It is available for purchase in the United States and the United Kingdom.
What is an Attribution Tag?
The Amazon Attribution tag is a tracking URL that you may use to track the performance of a product listing that you generate under your Amazon Attribution account. To lead clients to your listing, you may construct a URL and use it in your advertisement, email, blog entry, or any other digital channel from which you wish to draw customers. When a customer clicks on the link, Amazon monitors the action and notifies you of what the shopper purchased.
How to create Attribution Tag?
As a brand-registered seller, you may login to your Seller Central account, andregisterhere, or log inhere if you haven’t already. Vendors can register by completing the online registration form. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be able to generate the attribution tag with relative ease. In order to generate the tag, Amazon provides you with a series of steps.
- Choose the sponsor whose name you want to use to generate the tag
- To place a new order, click on the “New Order” button. You can upload a file and then follow the instructions to generate a link for your Google Ad
- Otherwise, click on ‘Upload a file’ and follow the instructions. In the event that you wish to build a link to somewhere other than Google Ad, you can select ‘Set up an order.’ Choose an item from your product listings and click on the ‘Add’ button to include it in your cart. Provide a suitable name (or attribution tag) and ID in the ‘Order Settings’ area, and then click on ‘Continue to line items.’ A list of possible possibilities may be selected from thePublisherdrop-down menu
- You can also choose where you wish to post the link from thePublisherdrop-down menu. Enter the URL of your product listing page under theClick-through URL field. After that, click on the ‘Create’ button.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve completed the creation of your Amazon Attribution tag.
Track your metrics
The following stats are available to you once you’ve created your attribution tag on Amazon.
- Views of the Amazon Detail Page
- Total sales
- Items added to cart
These stats may be tracked down to the campaign level and down to the ASIN level. By analyzing these stats, you’ll be able to determine which postings are bringing in the most sales and which ones are costing you money. You can also determine at what moment clients are abandoning the conversion funnel by looking at the conversion funnel. You may test and adjust your approach to achieve better outcomes. On a grander scale, you can determine which platforms are the most successful for your items and which ones are not.
As a result of your newfound knowledge of Amazon Attribution, it is time to put this function to good use. When it comes to understanding how off-Amazon marketing strategies are generating sales on Amazon, this is a good alternative for firms. In addition, it enables marketers to plan their tactics across a variety of social media channels, optimize them, and budget for them. Overall, this approach will improve the efficiency and return on investment of your company. Were you able to test out Amazon Attribution for your listings?
Please share your opinions with us in the comments box below.
That’s the only way we’ll be able to make progress.
What is Amazon Attribution? [2020 Update]
NOTE: This post was last updated on September 30, 2020. For the first time, companies can quantify the effectiveness of display, search, social, video, and email marketing campaigns based on how customers discover, study, and purchase their items on Amazon, thanks to the Amazon Attribution service. The online retailer Amazon has long been the preferred shopping site for the majority of customers in the United States, but until recently it has been extremely difficult for companies to evaluate the success of outside traffic sources on Amazon.
What is Amazon Attribution?
Introducing Amazon Attribution, a new beta measurement tool that enables companies who sell on Amazon with sales effect research across media channels that are not affiliated with the retailer. Amazon attribution provides marketers and businesses with the data they want to improve their media campaigns and increase product sales. Amazon attribution is available on-demand. Moreover, according to Amazon, this new function gives a full perspective into how each marketing technique adds to a brand’s purchase activity on the website.
How To Use Amazon Attribution
When using Amazon Attribution, you must be one of the following: a US Amazon seller with active seller code(s) or an active US Amazon seller brand owner (brand registered) Using advertising platforms other than Amazon The United Kingdom and the European Union are on the way! Amazon Attribution (Beta) is a feature that enables for the reporting of orders and income for traffic that originates outside of Amazon. It may track traffic that is directed directly to Amazon as well as traffic that originates on a website and then converts on Amazon.
Brands may construct customized tracking templates by creating orders and line items, and performance can be tracked at whatever degree of granularity that they choose.
Brands Can Use Amazon Attribution to:
- To measure, do an Amazon sales impact study in order to gain insight into the performance of advertising channels. On-demand attribution reporting enables for optimization while campaigns are still running. Examine channel performance and relevant Amazon audience segment analytics to assist with the development of future marketing plans that will optimize return on investment
Amazon Attribution gives insight into conversion metrics such as the ones shown below.
- Click-throughs, impressions, and detail page views are all important metrics. Purchase rate
- Quantity of items in cart
- Total sales
To get a complete list of conversion metrics, go to this page (sign-in required).
Why Brands Should Be Driving Traffic To Amazon
When it comes to branding in the digital era, businesses should ask themselves two questions:
- How do we reach the other half of buyers who begin their shopping trip on platforms such as Google, Facebook, and Instagram? The influence of my ecommerce site on ultimate conversions on Amazon is difficult to evaluate.
A solution is provided by Amazon Attribution, which allows companies to do the following:
- Customer acquisition and conversion rates are improved. Customers may be reached wherever they are browsing, and are sent to a high-converting detail page or Store that includes Amazon Prime shipping and customer support perks. Utilize social and prospecting platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram) to generate new demand. Endogenous platform controls make it easier to maintain brand safety. Distribute consistent, brand-differentiating creative materials across digital channels, with the goal of driving customers back to a customized Amazon landing page or Store. Increase the number of potential consumers who are willing to re-engage with DSP retargeting. Support for the introduction of a product
If you pay for visitors to a website that then converts on Amazon, Amazon Attribution may monitor it. Advertisers may purchase Google Ads to drive traffic to their brand’s website, which is especially beneficial for Amazon Vendors (this does not apply to third-party vendors). Advertisers may track the Google Advertising traffic that leads them from their website to Amazon by using an Amazon Attribution tracking parameter in their ads (where it converts). In our role as advertisers, that’s something we’ve always suspected occurred throughout the shopping process, but due to Amazon Attribution, we’ve been able to quantify it for the first time.
For example, in some cases, it has enabled us to spend more on traffic to the site by using a blended revenue number, which in turn has increased revenue volume on both direct purchases and ecomm site-assisted conversions that ultimately end up on Amazon.
Josh Brisco, Senior Director of Growth Media at Tinuiti, explains why
New Program Updates(September 2020)
By providing a single file containing campaign information, Amazon claims that marketers may automatically create up to 8,500 Amazon Attribution measurement tags for Facebook advertisements. Advertisers may download the tag file for simple implementation after it has been prepared. This simplifies the process of generating campaigns across Facebook, including advertisements on Instagram, Messenger and the Audience Network, and allows for faster campaign creation. For the time being, it is only available through Google Ads.
It also makes it easier to make more informed adjustments, which increases the overall strength of the tool and makes it even more potent.
Those running robust social efforts should find this upgrade to be particularly useful.” Mr. Josh Brisco, Senior Director of Growth Media at Tinuiti, explains why
2. Enhanced In-app Social Measurement
For social in-app measurement, Amazon has also made enhancements, allowing marketers to report on conversions that occur as a result of advertising or posts clicked within an in-app social environment, as long as the conversions occur within the regular 14-day attribution timeframe. Instead of opening the destination within Facebook’s browser, customers who click on an Amazon Attribution-tagged mobile ad from within Facebook or Instagram will be prompted to open the destination through the Amazon Shopping app instead.
Consequently, we anticipate this transition to enhance conversion rates for mobile social traffic (which accounts for the great majority of mobile traffic – and is likely to be a newer source someplace as well), making social to Amazon traffic more traceable and easier to show value.” From a feature standpoint, this has long been on our wishlist, and we are now A/B testing the new functionality to determine if our premise on CVR is correct.”
3. Attribution API (beta)
Via addition, Amazon Attribution is now available in the Amazon Advertising API, allowing marketers to observe Amazon Attribution measurement within the familiar interface of their tool provider. Our advertisers’ experience will be enhanced as a result of this launch, which includes the following features:
- Operations and campaign setup have been simplified. A complete and quantitative perspective of on-Amazon results for non-Amazon marketing activities, all from the comfort of a single, well-known interface. In addition to lower-funnel indicators such as Add to Carts, detail page visits, and purchases on Amazon, advertisers may also get upper-funnel engagement metrics like as impressions and clicks. Return on investment (ROI) improvements that are automated to assist in increasing ROI
According to Brisco, the API feature will simplify the process of setting up and reporting on Amazon Attribution by allowing users to conduct Amazon Attribution operations within the tool provider’s or their own custom interfaces. “This is yet another fantastic addition to the Amazon Attribution toolkit, and what excites me the most is that, through API integrations, advertisers will be able to view data and make optimizations based on that data in a single central location, rather than having to create combined or custom reporting,” says the developer.
Best PracticesOff-Amazon Traffic Generation Strategies
A few of the reasons why companies may want to consider developing an off-Amazon advertising strategy right now are as follows: Could demonstrate access to a larger number of potential customers: By employing channels other than Amazon to increase traffic to your Amazon product listings, you are increasing the number of prospective buyers who are exposed to your products. Advantages over competitors include the following: In order to obtain an advantage over competitors, you must drive external traffic to Amazon.
- Amazon Might Offer You a Reward: Sellers are also under the impression that Amazon pays them for directing traffic to Amazon.com from other sources by giving them even more traffic.
- As a result of directing outside traffic to Amazon, merchants assist the retailer in gaining more consumers and making more money, which may result in improved organic positioning for the brand or product.
- – Make sure to include all of your items in your orders to get the most exposure.
- Alternatively, you may start with this metric because it does not need you to keep track of the goods that are being added or removed.
Make use of KW level tracking to achieve the greatest amount of granularity. To understand more about Tinuiti’s sophisticated campaign management methods, we’re presently evaluating a number of Attribution approaches for Off Amazon Traffic Buying, such as the ones below.
- In addition to non-branded demand capture (for Google/Bing non-branded text ads), branded demand capture (for Google/Bing non-branded text ads), demand generation (for display and paid social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest), and demand generation (for display and paid social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest)
Amazon Attribution Success Stories
The company Premier Nutrition (which produces nutrition items for power athletes) is an example of an Attribution success story. In Q4 2017, the company modified their advertising approach in order to accelerate sales growth on Amazon. Amazon Attribution enabled the business to improve its cross-channel marketing strategy, resulting in a 96 percent increase in sales quarter-over-quarter and a 322 percent increase in sales year-over-year for its Premier Protein goods on Amazon.com after using Amazon Attribution With various businesses across a range of verticals, we’ve found success at Tinuiti, including the ones listed below.
- In addition, a luxury cosmetics vendor recently discovered that 9 percent of their Google advertising income convert on Amazon, as well as a CPG business (HomeKitchen Supplies) who discovered that 30 percent of their Google advertising revenue convert on Amazon
- Travel accessories company that just found that 150 percent of their Google Ads income converts on Amazon is based in the United Kingdom.
As a result of this data point, we increased our investment in acquiring site visitors as a means of increasing not only site sales, but also eventual Amazon sales. As Brisco points out, “This is an excellent example of a vendor whose site generates more conversions on Amazon than on the vendor’s own website, and this data allowed us to increase our Google marketing expenditure.”
- In order to promote Prime Day, a protein bar manufacturer (with no cart capability on its D2C website) used Facebook and Instagram prospecting efforts to drive traffic to their Amazon store. As a consequence, we received 1,026 orders and generated $26,000 in revenue, with a conversion rate of 3.1 percent, an average cost per click of $0.39, and a click-through rate of 9 percent.
Q A With The Experts
Many marketers and companies are unfamiliar with Amazon Attribution, and as a result, we frequently receive queries from our clients about how it works and why brands should be utilizing it to analyze their marketing plan. We’ve compiled a list of some frequently asked questions from our users, along with replies from Tinuiti’s top team of advertising experts: When I’m running sponsored advertisements to my eCommerce site, why would I want to send them to Amazon as well, where I won’t obtain any customer data and won’t have the opportunity to re-engage?
- While some brands may have their own direct-to-consumer (D2C) presence in addition to their Amazon presence, the off-Amazon traffic is intended to be supplemental to the D2C traffic.
- Setting up Amazon Attribution monitoring on current campaigns eliminates the risk of data gathering and gives you the option to see for the first time how much of your site visitors ends up converting to Amazon purchases.
- Why would we want to be in a position of competition with those placements?
- Customer experience and reducing demand loss as a result of rivals’ advertisements are the most important factors to consider.
- A typical Amazon text ad will direct consumers to a results page where a rival may control the top and side ad placements, and other related goods will certainly appear in organic listings as a result of the ad’s placement.
- Finally, this is a fantastic technique to bring traffic to Amazon for non-brand searches that do not have a high organic position on the site itself.
As new information becomes available, we will update this page to reflect the latest developments. Tinuiti.com or leave a comment below if you would want to learn more about how Amazon Attribution might affect your advertising strategy.
Amazon Attribution: What it is and How to Use it
Despite the fact that “data driven” marketing is a commonly used phrase, marketers can sometimes find themselves in a bind when trying to determine the efficacy of a marketing effort. According to the results of a survey done by Callrail, 39 percent of marketers have difficulty determining the impact of their marketing activities. Marketing attribution techniques must be used correctly in order for brand growth, budget allocation, and campaign optimization to be successful. In the past, delivering non-Amazon traffic to Amazon pages resulted in the same worries about sales attribution and efficacy as generating Amazon traffic.
What is Amazon Attribution?
A beta version of the Amazon Attribution (Beta) tool was released as an advertising analytics tool to provide further insight into off-amazon performance. Prior to the introduction of Amazon Attribution, it was impossible to distinguish direct lift from off-platform traffic sources. Unlike a traditional direct-to-consumer website, Amazon does not have the capacity to display pixels on product detail pages, which makes it difficult to track traffic from Facebook, Google, and other external sources on the platform.
Amazon Attribution Beta provides information about:
- Views of detail pages
- Add to Carts
- Units Sold
- Product Sales
- Customers who are new to the brand
Why use Amazon Attribution?
With over 350 million goods listed on Amazon, it is possible for things to be lost in the shuffle of the marketplace. Off-channel traffic sources, such as email, social media, search, and display advertisements, can give the contact points necessary to express why someone should choose your product over a competitor’s instead of their own. When there is more competition than ever, using relevant messaging to differentiate items from the millions of others on the market is essential. What is the point of driving in non-Amazon traffic?
- Things might get lost in the sea of competition on Amazon, which has over 350 million products listed. Email, social media, search, and display advertising may all be used to generate off-channel traffic that can be used to explain the reasons why someone should choose your product over a competitor’s offering. Meaningful message helps differentiate items from the millions of others being marketed in an environment when competition is fiercer than ever. The reason why you should avoid Amazon traffic
How to prepare for using Amazon Attribution
It is critical to optimize listings on Amazon before attempting to drive visitors to product detail pages. Making sure product listings translate effectively and emphasize key information provides a better shopping experience for customers. Relevance and conversion are important elements in determining rank on Amazon, which optimizes to present the top goods organically wherever possible. Increased sales will result from increased traffic resulting from external sources following the optimization of listings.
How to start with Amazon Attribution
Sellers that have access to the Amazon Brand Registry and who actively sell on Amazon can use the Amazon Attribution (Beta) feature. To have access to the Attribution console or the API, vendors or sellers must first register with Amazon. Working with your Pattern brand manager and advertising specialist can also be beneficial to getting things started.
Setting up tracking
It is possible to create tracking tags for Amazon Attribution using one of two methods:
- This is used for traffic sources other than Google and Facebook, or for marketing initiatives that require less comprehensive data than Google and Facebook. Bulk Upload- This may be done for Google and Facebook campaigns, among other platforms. Bulk Uploads give detailed data at the keyword or ad level
- Nevertheless, they are not recommended.
Log in to Amazon Attribution and choose the advertiser for whom you want to track conversions and conversion rates. In order to begin, click on “New Order” in the top left corner of the screen. The order will represent a collection of line items that will be used to measure traffic metrics for the products that have been chosen. Select “manually generate order” from this menu to get a list of all of the things that the Advertiser sells. By choosing “Add Variants,” you may select the goods for which you’d want to measure performance as well as all of their variations.
The publisher will be the source from which the traffic is being directed.
Once you’ve generated your line item, duplicate the attribution tag you’ve produced in order to begin monitoring performance.
Bulk Upload Setup
Log in to Amazon Attribution and choose the advertiser for whom you want to track conversions and conversion rates. In order to begin, click on “New Order” in the top left corner of the screen. An Order is a collection of Line Items that will be used to measure traffic metrics for the items that have been specified. Select “upload file to create order and tags” from this menu, followed by the publisher you’re currently using (Google or Facebook). Then you may retrieve the Excel file by downloading the bulk file template.
Returning to Amazon Attribution, click on “Upload File” to send the completed bulk template to the company.
By clicking “add items” after the file has been completed, you will be able to correlate the products you will be monitoring with your account.
Consider waiting one to two days after setup before comparing the number of clicks detected between Amazon Attribution and the traffic source to ensure that the reporting accuracy is accurate.
Use Amazon Attribution today
With the Amazon Attribution (Beta) tool, you may more successfully generate external visitors, monitor performance, plan and enhance your website.
It’s completely free. While driving external data can help Amazon goods grow, it is critical to analyze conversion metrics and utilize a data-driven strategy to ensure that these items continue to thrive. Get started right away by collaborating with our team of specialists.
Marketing and promotion are essential tools for most Amazon sellers in order to reach out to new consumers and sell their items in a highly competitive industry. When it comes to raising your profile, advertising is a fantastic tool. However, it becomes nearly pointless if you are unable to track the effectiveness of your advertising initiatives. Today, I’m going to discuss about Amazon Attribution, which provides Amazon sellers with a quick and easy way to track the success of their campaigns and make adjustments as necessary.
What is Amazon Attribution?
Amazon Attribution, which is a component of Amazon DSP, is a platform that allows its users to track and analyze how their advertising is functioning throughout the internet in order to gain an understanding of whether or not their campaigns are effective. Amazon Attribution works its magic by gathering traffic from a variety of websites other than Amazon (such as Facebook and Google) in order to provide marketers with new insights into their campaigns. Example: An advertisement marketing their items via email or social media will be able to determine which of those activities is doing the best.
Affiliation tags are created by Amazon Attribution, which records clicks and impressions from pixels embedded in an advertisement in order to build attribution tags that may be used to track consumers back to their original source.
How toSetUp Amazon Attribution
Amazon Attribution is simple to set up, and all you need to get started is to be an existing Amazon seller or vendor who has registered with the Amazon Brand Registry. Here’s how to get everything set up for you:
- Go to the following website: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the yellow ‘Sign Up Form’ button
- Fill out the form with your information, including your vendor code. Fill out the form with your information. Please double-check your email address.
Once your account has been created, you will be able to start working on creating attribution tags. An attribution tag is simply a tracking URL for your product listing that is inserted in your advertisement and any other digital media in order to direct people to your product listing directly. The following is an example of how to write an attribution tag:
- Access your Amazon Attribution account by logging in. The name of the advertiser for whom you wish to create the tag should be selected. To place a new order, click on the ‘New Order’ button. Then, for Google advertisements, click on ‘Upload A File’ and follow the onscreen instructions. Select ‘Set Up An Order’ for any other kind of advertisements. Select a product listing and click on the ‘Add It’ button. Navigate to the ‘Order Settings’ area and give your order a name, tag, or ID before clicking the button that says ‘Continue To Line Items.’ Navigate to the Publisher drop-down menu and navigate through the options to choose the location where you want to send the link
- Fill up the Click-Through URL field with a URL to your product listing, then click on the Create button.
All done, you’ve begun your Amazon Attribution adventure and are keeping track of your campaigns! Once you’ve created your advertisements, it’s time to track their performance using Amazon Attribution’s reporting system. Your Reporting Insights dashboard inside your account is where you will do this task. You may see progress, track your advertisements, and obtain reports from your dashboard, all in a quick and simple manner. Also available to you is the option of selecting the components you desire to be reported on.
The Benefits of Amazon Attribution
When it comes to regular sellers and advertisers, Amazon Attribution provides a slew of advantages that can help you make the most of your advertising dollars. The following are some of the advantages:
Identifying valuable advertising sources
When you promote your items on Amazon, Amazon Attribution offers you the option to accurately identify where your buyers are coming from.
As a result, you will be able to concentrate your advertising efforts on the locations that are most profitable.
You will be able to stop squandering money on less effective platforms and shift it to the platforms that will give the best results once you have determined where your advertising is the most profitable. Being able to target your advertising more successfully means that you will be able to grow your market share, which means that you will be able to gain a step ahead of your competitors.
You will be able to design more successful and more focused advertisements as a result of gaining a better knowledge of your clients. This will boost the exposure of your product and, in turn, lead to more sales.
Boost your ROI
It’s very hard to determine your Return On Investment until you know where you’re doing your finest work in each area. Amazon Attribution makes it possible for you to do so by supplying the relevant information.
Increase customer pool
In order to reach more focused consumers, Amazon Attribution provides you with the tools to expand your customer database quickly and efficiently. By concentrating your advertising efforts in the appropriate areas, you may reach a larger pool of clients who are more likely to return. You will also have the chance to re-engage these clients using Amazon DSP after they have left your site.
Once you’ve identified the areas in which your advertising performs effectively, you may narrow your focus even more by tailoring your advertising to more precisely target those clients who respond positively to it. Furthermore, you may utilize this method to generate demand on platforms where your advertising isn’t doing as effectively as it might be.
At this time, Amazon Attribution is still in the beta stage, thus there are no fees associated with utilizing the service.
Amazon Attribution: Pros and Cons
Amazon Attribution appears to be a fantastic idea, so let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages: Those who are in favor
- Allows you to understand exactly where the results of your advertising are coming from
- Enhances your ability to reach out to customers more effectively It helps you save money by directing your advertising spend to the most effective areas. It is completely free to use.
- The data provided by Amazon Attribution are presently only accessible for sponsored brand advertisements, which are more expensive than sponsored product advertisements. Currently, Amazon Attribution is only accessible for programmatic video and display advertisements purchased through the Amazon DSP. For the time being, the service is only accessible on Amazon’s US and UK markets.
Things you need to know
- It takes 14 days for Amazon Attribution to function, which means you have two weeks to watch whether or not a buyer returns their purchase. Amazon Attribution only tracks external traffic
- It does not track internal traffic. Amazon Attribution is only available to professional sellers and merchants that are registered with the Amazon brand.
Amazon Attribution Reports
The reporting feature of Amazon Attribution is truly where all of the magic happens. The extensive and simple-to-understand reporting system enables for both high-level overviews and in-depth information to be accessed quickly. When it comes to reporting, Amazon Attribution keeps track of several important parameters, the most important of which are: Sales This platform tracks a number of metrics, the first of which is sales, which is perhaps the most essential. The number of things sold is the most important metric for every vendor to use in determining success.
- Purchase rate is defined as the ratio of the number of purchases to the number of impressions. Purchase clicks are defined as the number of times a product has been purchased after a user has clicked on an advertisement. Total purchase rate clicks– the amount of purchases associated with promoted and brand halo items
- Total purchase rate clicks
This helps you to determine not just where purchases are coming from, but also how many people are abandoning their shopping carts from each source. Sources of advertising Amazon Attribution provides you with a crystal clear picture of the areas of the internet where your advertising is doing the best — across every platform and throughout the whole internet. Views of Amazon’s detail pages The detailed page view rate is the ratio of the number of detail page views to the total number of impressions on a certain page.
This is quite helpful in determining your conversion rates as well as identifying any underlying issues. In order for a seller to succeed, conversions must be tracked. Amazon Attribution monitors this vital metric by segmenting it into the following categories:
- Number of add to cart views – the number of times a product is added to the cart after an advertisement is displayed to a user Adding a product to a shopping basket is measured in terms of how many times it is done. Click redirection is a statistic that measures click-throughs and attribute conversions
- It is also known as the click-through rate. The ratio of the number of click-throughs to the number of impressions is known as the click-through rate. The number of unique users who have watched an ad from the beginning of the campaign is known as cumulative reach.
Case Study with Amazon Attribution
Premier Nutrition, a bespoke meal preparation firm, is a fantastic illustration of how Amazon Attribution can add value to a brand’s reputation. Premier Nutrition had been promoting its goods for quite some time when it realized that it was probably not getting the most out of its advertising budget. Following the implementation of Amazon Attribution, the firm announced that it had increased its sales by a whopping 96 percent quarter over quarter, as well as by 322 percent year over year. Amazon Attribution provided more information than the standard engagement and media analytics we obtain from other systems, according to Jeremy Lopez, Media Supervisor.
Amazon Attribution is a very practical instance of the sort of outcomes that may be obtained by employing Amazon Attribution for a short period of time.
So, what you really want to know is whether or not Amazon Attribution is a worthwhile investment. If you are merely interested in selling as a side hustle, Amazon Attribution may not be the best option for you. As an example, if you simply have one or two goods, you may discover that you do not gain the most benefit from this service. You should consider becoming an Amazon Attribution participant if you are a professional seller, since there are several benefits to doing so. As most sellers are well aware, selling online is extremely competitive, and strong rivalry on pricing means that many sellers’ profit margins are dwindling as they try to maintain their competitiveness in a highly competitive market.
- First and foremost, after sellers have determined where they should be promoting, they can build more focused advertisements for those platforms, which will aid them in increasing their exposure as well as drawing in new consumers, allowing them to stay one step ahead of the competition.
- As we all know, any instrument that allows you to raise the visibility of your company without incurring any additional costs is worth its weight in gold.
- When it comes to reaching your consumers, this platform truly grabs your hand and brings you to where your customers are – and then assists you in reaching them.
- I would encourage anyone who are considering utilizing the service to do so immediately, just in case Amazon decides to charge for the service in the future.
- Detailed Instructions on How to Advertise Amazon Products on Facebook How to Promote Your Amazon Business on Social Media: What You Need to Know.
How to Use Facebook Ads to Build a Large and Engaging Audience The Complete Guide to Obtaining an Amazon A+ Rating Content: How to Make an Outstanding Web Page
Amazon Attribution: What It Is & How To Use It
- What is Amazon attribution, and what are the advantages of using it
- How Amazon is tracking consumer activity through the use of attribution tags
- When it comes to measuring buyer analytics, what was Amazon doing previously? How can you know whether you’re eligible to participate in the beta program
- Instructions on how to set up and use Amazon attribution You should be familiar with the following Amazon attribution console features: Case studies are used to illustrate concepts.
Amazon Attribution Is Still In Beta Mode, But It Has Benefits
Amazon has a significant presence in the online purchasing market in the United States. In actuality, the corporation has a 49 percent stake of the United States’ Ecommerce sector, or a 5 percent portion of all retail activity in the United States overall. For anyone who has Ecommerce listings of any type on their website, there’s no disputing that Amazon Advertising may be a lucrative avenue to pursue revenue. However, while the Amazon Attribution console is currently in beta testing stage (and has been since 2017, when a select few were given the opportunity to check it out for themselves), the overall product appears to be promising.
It is possible to develop a focused marketing plan that promotes conversions for your Ecommerce listings by gaining insight into relevant analytics.
The “analytical science” of marketing attribution, according to Marketing Evolution, is the “science of discovering which marketing techniques are contributing to sales or conversions.” When you stop to think about it, it makes perfect sense that this console assists Ecommerce professionals in identifying the origins of their marketing success in specific terms.
- Amass information on your media investments, as well as the efficacy of each channel
- Increase your return on investment by examining the sources of your sales and conversions
- Accumulate useful information from each stage of the buyer’s journey (awareness, deliberation, and purchase), which may be used to improve the effectiveness of your marketing efforts moving ahead. Analyze the success of off-platform digital marketing strategies that drive traffic to your Ecommerce listings. Finally, direct ad visitors to your Amazon Ecommerce listings to maximize your profits. Increased product rating, consumer purchases, and sales opportunities are all a result of this. Marketers say that they use at least six techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. It consolidates platforms, increases efficiency, and reduces any marketing fatigue that your team may be experiencing. For those who have Ecommerce listings on Amazon, this consolidates platforms, increases efficiency, and eliminates any marketing weariness that your team may be experiencing. There’s also the fact that it’s presently free
- There’s that.
How Does It Work?
When it comes to attribution marketing, look to platforms like Facebook and Google Shopping, where you’ll utilize a “pixel” to track customer activity. Specifically, a tracking pixel is a little piece of code that allows you to collect information on user activity and flow (think how and where they browse, and what ads they click on). The problem with pixels is that they only operate if a firm controls the page on which they are placed. Amazon prohibits monitoring pixels from being placed on Facebook, Google Shopping, and other websites because they do not want these websites to know the specifics of Amazon customers’ behavior on their sites.
Affiliation Tags, according to Amazon, are “parameterized URLs that track click-thru rates while also attributing conversions and sales of their items on Amazon.” There’s no need for a dictionary in this situation.
- Attribution Tags are URLs (tags) to your Amazon Ecommerce listings that are trackable by Amazon
- They are also known as attribution links. It is possible to produce these tags with your Amazon Attribution account. Place the URL on external media such as advertisements, blog articles, email campaigns, and other similar materials. As soon as a visitor clicks on that link, you’ll be able to get detailed information on their visits, activities, and purchasing path.
Look no further than this quick video from Amazon Advertising, in which they skim the surface of their Amazon Attribution interface, which is now in beta-mode.
The Backstory: Campaign Analysis Before Amazon Attribution
Analysis of customer analytics for your Ecommerce listings on Amazon was akin to taking a shot in the dark prior to the introduction of Amazon Attribution. They counted as a single source everybody who came to your listing through an Amazon PPC advertisement. Everyone else was lumped together in the same group, making it impossible to gain a really accurate picture of the performance of your marketing activities. Non-Amazon PPC customers might have come from a variety of sources, including organic traffic, sponsored advertisements, and a plethora of other alternatives.
Amazon Attribution was introduced and immediately altered the company’s internal status quo. It has made a significant difference in the efficacy and efficiency of the campaign for individuals who are qualified.
How To Know If You’re Eligible
At the moment, the beta version is only available in two countries: the United States and the United Kingdom, respectively. However, unlike Google’s fact check, there aren’t many loopholes to gaining a seat on the Amazon Attribution interface. If you live in the United States or the United Kingdom, you must be:
- Professional seller who is enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry
- Agency with clients who sell items on Amazon
- Affiliate marketer
In order to access the Amazon Attribution interface, you must be a first-party or third-party seller on Amazon who is also a brand registered seller in order to qualify. That’s all there is to it.
Getting Started: How To Use Amazon Attribution To Boost Your Ecommerce Listings
You’ve determined that you’re eligible and want to learn how to join the attribution movement. We’ve taken care of everything.
1.Join Amazon Attribution
First and foremost, let’s get this party started. It is past time to become a member of Amazon Attribution. Vendors/Agencies: Please complete the webform located here. Sellers: Register for the program by logging into Seller Central and clicking here.
2.Sign in to your account
Having created an account, you may log in and provide information about any product for which you wish to get statistics.
3.Create Attribution Tags
The process of creating an Attribution Tag within the console is straightforward and only requires a few steps. To begin, pick the advertiser for whom you want to create a tag and write down their name. Select their name from the drop-down menu, and then click the “New Order” button. Tags for Google Ads are as follows: Click on “Upload a file (Google Ads only)” to upload a file. Tags for use in other campaigns include: To place an order, choose “Place an order.” The order preferences may now be entered by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
- Following completion of this stage, select “Continue to line items” from the drop-down menu.
- The publisher is the website on which you will set the URL that will be shown outside.
- The click-through URL, which is the URL of the product you’re attempting to sell, should be implemented once you’ve selected a publisher to work with.
- You have successfully generated an Attribution Tag for one of your Amazon Ecommerce listings if you have completed all of the processes outlined above.
4.Implement your tags
With your Attribution Tags in hand, it’s time to put your newfound knowledge into action. Include them in your external marketing initiatives and begin tracking consumer activity as if you were destined to do so from the beginning.
Know the Features
Following your initial login, you’ll need to become familiar with the Amazon Attribution console. Here are some of the most important improvements you can expect to see to help you improve your Ecommerce listings: Metrics: Amazon Attribution allows you to track and measure off-Amazon advertising through the use of Attribution tags. This implies that you can examine media such as search advertisements, social advertisements, display advertisements, video advertisements, and email marketing. Impression counts, click counts, conversion metrics, Add to Cart and purchase counts are all included in the reports generated by your interface for normal Amazon traffic statistics.
This type of report is available for download directly from your Amazon Attribution interface, either on-demand or by scheduling a report.
This might imply the addition of agency partners or any other type of coworker. For more information on granting permission to other users, navigate to your top menu, click “Manage,” and then select “User management.”
Can We Expect a Full Pilot?
Amazon Attribution was just recently made accessible to UK suppliers in early 2019, adding to the already existing list of qualified US sellers. That same year, merchants in the United States were given the choice to join the bandwagon. It goes without saying that this beta platform is still in its early stages. A complete pilot is unquestionably on the way. We’re not sure how long this beta test will go, but it’s already delivering significant data for firms in the United States and the United Kingdom.
While Amazon Attribution is presently free, their website refers to their platform as “at this time, there is no fee connected with participation” since there is currently no charge for participating.
Examples of Amazon Attribution At Work
Amazon Advertising provides a variety of case studies pertaining to their beta console, which are available here. Here are a few of our favorites, which include the following:
Midwest Homes for Pets
Pet-Friendly Communities in the Midwest Case Study on Amazon’s Attribution Using Amazon Attribution analytics, Midwest Homes for Pets was able to optimize marketing for its Ecommerce listings and increase sales. The firm was overjoyed to see a 32 percent boost in their return on advertising expenditure (ROAS). They looked at measures from Amazon, such as product detail page visits and Add to Carts, as well as metrics from outside of Amazon, such as clicks, ad expenditure, and cost per click. Midwest Homes for Pets was able to acquire a clear understanding of how their marketing spending were impacting their Amazon sales in the end.
Case Study on Amazon Attribution for Premier Protein A variety of Premier Nutrition items are available on Amazon, including Premier Protein. The firm was one of the first to experiment using Amazon Attribution, having done so as early as 2017. The findings were astronomical. Sales increased by 96 percent from one quarter to the next. Sales increased by 322 percent when compared to the previous year. All of this is the result of a thorough examination of cross-channel media activity and a subsequent campaign appraisal.
This Isn’t Your Only Option for Amazon Advertising
The Midwest Homes for Pets and Premier Nutrition case studies are both compelling, but you don’t have to be persuaded by them to accept their conclusions. In the event that you are not yet ready to participate in Amazon Attribution, or if you are still disqualified, there are alternative methods of tracking marketing activities for your Amazon Ecommerce listings. Affiliation Tracking Links for Amazon Associates: Amazon Associates is the company’s affiliate program. By creating an Amazon Associates Account, you will be able to gather affiliate links that you may use to promote your business outside.
What is the significance of revenue?
It is also possible to gather numerous Tracking IDs.
It’s vital to remember that unless you use an Amazon Associates affiliate code, it will not monitor purchases. It accomplishes this by employing what are known as “Super URLs,” or URLs that influence the Amazon algorithm.
In a Nutshell: Attributing Successes (and Failures) for Ecommerce Listings
Not every one of your Ecommerce listings will be a hit, but there are strategies to increase your chances of becoming a successful seller in the long run. Analyzing your data can assist you in determining where the majority of your traffic is coming from on successful listings. At the same time, you may analyze your failures to determine what went wrong and vow to improve your strategies moving forward. A basic function of the AmazonAttribution interface is to allow you to trace your digital marketing efforts from AmazontoAmazon while also keeping tabs on the activities occurring within the Ecommerce platform itself.
You could be pleasantly surprised by what you discover.