65 Simple Ways To Promote Your Mobile App
- Define your landing page. Make a simple and clear introduction of your app—one sentence should suffice.
- Start a blog.
- Use social media.
- Use teasers.
- Create a video intro to your app.
- Pitch tech blogs.
- Ask for app reviews.
- Contact writers in the niche.
What are mobile marketing applications?
- Mobile marketing is multi-channel online marketing technique focused at reaching a specific audience on their smart phone, tablets, or any other related devices through websites, E mail, SMS and MMS, social media or mobile applications.
How can I market my app for free?
Here are a few simple ways on how to promote your app for free:
- Find Influencers & Do Guest Post Blogging.
- Power of Hashtags.
- Get More Reviews.
- ASO – App Store Optimization.
- Link To Other Apps.
- Try Simple Print Marketing.
- Create Bookmarking Links.
- The Power of Forums.
How can I promote my mobile App 2021?
Make sure you give it the time and attention it deserves.
- Optimize Your App Description.
- A/B Test Multiple Key Identifiers of Your App (Logos, Marketing Messages)
- Provide a Free Version of Your App.
- Create a Website and Landing Page for Your App.
- A Dedicated Blog that Provides Updates About Your App.
How do I promote my mobile app on social media?
Effective Ways of App Promotion On Social Media
- Feature App On Social Media Posts.
- Deploy Engaging Images.
- Make a Demo/Promo Video.
- Disclose The New Updates.
- Answer All The Reviews.
- Showcase Ratings and Reviews.
- Captivate Attention With Social Cause Campaigns.
- Generate Traffic With Hashtags.
How do you create a marketing plan for an app?
Step-by-Step Mobile App Marketing Guide
- Identify Your Target Audience. A good marketing plan begins with research to understand the market landscape and your target audience.
- Build User Personas.
- Understand the Competitive Landscape.
- Pre Launch App Promotion.
- Post-Launch App Promotion.
- Engagement and Retention.
How do I get customers to download apps?
5 ways to get your customers to download your app
- Optimize for the App Stores. App Store Optimization focuses on optimizing your app listing in the app stores.
- Plan a launch event.
- Promote the App.
- Incentivize downloads.
- Train your staff.
How does app store optimization work?
App store optimization is the process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store’s search results. The higher your app ranks in an app store’s search results, the more visible it is to potential customers. That increased visibility tends to translate into more traffic to your app’s page in the app store.
How does free app make money?
While the application is free to download and use, app publishers earn money based on the interactions on the advertisements displayed within the application. The in-app advertising has several formats such as Interstitial ads, Banner ads, Video ads, Native ads, Text ads, Native ads, and so on.
How do you increase engagement on app?
5 Methods For Increasing App Engagement & User Retention
- Efficient Onboarding.
- Use Push Notifications (The Right Way)
- In-App Messages.
- Offer and Incentivization Program.
- Encourage Two-Way Communication.
- Ensure a High-Quality App With Proper Functionality.
- Demonstrate The Benefit in Your App Store Listing.
How do I promote my app on Instagram?
4 Steps to Effectively Promote Your App on Instagram
- Switch to an Instagram business profile that drives traffic and quality leads.
- Use branded hashtags to increase engagement on your posts.
- Find and approach influencers to spread the word about your app.
- Use scheduling tools to save time.
What is mobile app marketing?
Mobile app marketing is an advertising medium that can complement a brand’s offline experience (in-store special offers, for example), drive e-commerce, or simply help connect a brand with its loyal customers. Together with mobile websites, mobile apps have become important to both consumers and marketers.
How can I market my Android app?
8 Great Ways To Promote An Android App
- Follow Android Design Principles.
- Set Up Android Beta Testing.
- Enable Feedback Channels.
- Make Good Use Of ASO.
- Use Social Media Marketing.
- Find A Social Media Influencer.
- Get Featured On Android Related Media.
- Create Referral Campaigns.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Your Mobile App
A Step-by-Step Guide to Promoting Your Mobile Application With more than four million applications available for download from the world’s biggest app stores, corporations are well aware that a diligent marketing plan is the only way to stand out in today’s app industry in which competition is fierce. While concentrating on mobile app development and developing an app that performs properly is a critical aspect in achieving success, if people are unaware that your product exists, all of your efforts will be for naught.
Developing a successful mobile app marketing strategy entails identifying a target audience, figuring out how to reach them, figuring out how to connect with them, and tracking their in-app activity in order to make ongoing changes as users progress through the acquisition funnel.
To help you market your mobile app successfully, this step-by-step tutorial will walk you through the three stages of a mobile app marketing plan and the metrics to track in order to achieve long-term success.
The Awareness, or Pre-Launch Stage
The awareness stage of a mobile app marketing plan takes place prior to the introduction of the product itself. This stage is intended to raise awareness of the brand and increase product visibility. In particular, how will your target users find out about your mobile application? It is critical to have a clear knowledge of your brand’s messaging and positioning before commencing the awareness stage of the marketing funnel. Customers are drawn to a brand by its values and mission statement, rather than by the specific attributes of its products.
Listed below is a checklist of tasks and techniques to implement during the awareness stage of your marketing strategy.
1. Determine a release date
When compared to Google, Apple has a tight review procedure that may cause your release to be delayed, or you may have a setback that you were not expecting. Planning ahead of time will provide you with the time to prepare for your product’s hard launch and will enable you to anticipate and plan for any eventualities that may arise. Pro tip: When choosing a date for your app’s debut, keep in mind any events that are taking place in your area that may have the potential to overshadow the launch of your app.
2. Conduct market research to understand your customers
One of the most typical mistakes made before to a product launch is failing to conduct adequate market research. Before you begin any development work, you must first identify the major players in the app category in which you want to compete. It doesn’t matter how comprehensive your marketing efforts are – if your app doesn’t address a user pain-point or solves a pain-point for which there is already a successful app solution available on the market, your product will fail miserably and fail spectacularly.
Consider and investigate the most prominent blogs, organizations, forums and websites your target audience visits, as well as any influencers they follow on social media, to choose which ones to include in your campaign. This list of channels can assist you in reaching and acquiring new users.
3. Create user personas
Throughout the awareness stage, one of the most important goals is to figure out who your target user is, what they value, and what the primary pain issue they are experiencing that your solution can alleviate. There can be several user groups for a mobile application, and each user persona will have a distinct user journey that is tailored to their needs. A user persona is a somewhat imaginary portrayal of your ideal user that you may utilize to improve your product. User personas contain information on a user’s demographics, background, mobile preferences, interests, and other unique identifiers, as well as other information.
In-depth user personas serve as the foundation for user journey design and assist you in tailoring every part of your mobile product to meet the tastes and needs of each of your users’ groups.
The user personas that you create will help you properly outline your target audience and answer critical questions that will help you plan the rest of your marketing strategy.
- What is the most significant problem that this audience faces on a regular basis? What mobile operating system is being used by this target audience? Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android operating systems Describe the sorts of online material that this audience is interested in. What type of tone, voice, and material style is most effective with this particular audience
- In this audience’s online behavior, are there any visual branding patterns that stand out to you? Does this group of consumers follow any well-known influencers in the product’s industry on social media? What are the most effective platforms to use for sponsored advertising
- Is it common knowledge that these consumers pay for applications or make in-app purchases
In what way does this audience as a whole suffers from a common problem? What mobile operating system is being used by this target demographic on their mobile devices? Whichever operating system you want (iOS or Android), On the internet, what sorts of material does this audience interact with; In what way does this audience respond to the tone, the voice, and the content style? In this audience’s online activities, are there any visual branding patterns that come to mind? Does this group of people follow any well-known influencers in the product’s industry on social media; In terms of paid advertising, which platforms are the most effective?
4. Conduct a competitive analysis
Your app will be up against very stiff competition. List your top 5 rivals, as well as their current pricing, revenue strategy, app store rating, user experience (UX) advantages and disadvantages, and important reviews, on a single page. You may even go so far as to create a competitive matrix to see how your software stacks up against the competition. Make certain that your software does not have any badly designed features or user interface components that have received unfavorable feedback from consumers.
These are significant aspects that should be incorporated into your overall app marketing strategy.
5. Create a website, or landing page
In terms of app installations, mobile websites are the most common source. A pre-launch landing page, or at the absolute least a teaser video, for your product has become common practice in the marketing and advertising industry. Once you’ve created a video for your website, you may repurpose the content by distributing it through app stores, social media platforms, or even paid advertising campaigns. In addition to creating excitement around your app, having a pre-launch website is a terrific method to get a head start on search engine optimization (SEO) by establishing your domain authority as early as possible.
It is also useful to feature 5-star reviews on the website; however, be certain that the ratings are genuine, or else your company may come out as untrustworthy.
6. Outreach initiatives
An often-overlooked part of promoting a new mobile device is outreach campaigns, which entail reaching out to influential people, media, and bloggers in order to obtain backlinks and offer honest product evaluations. List any connections who are relevant to your business or specialty and who you think could be interested in writing about or reviewing your app. Your pitch should be succinct and provide a link to your press kit or landing page. In this way, if they are interested in writing about your app, they will have all of the information they want at their fingertips.
7. Promote on social
Expanding your web presence and communicating directly with your target audience are made possible by social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other similar sites and applications. If your app is designed to appeal to certain age groups, research the social media channels that are most popular with individuals in that demographic and concentrate your efforts there. Make certain you take the following factors into consideration:
- If someone takes a look at your social page, does it immediately become apparent that you have an app? Is the app’s goal immediately apparent? Is there a link to it so that I may download it?
Share firm news and features that will make your fans enthusiastic about the launch on your social media accounts. Create a hashtag and include it into your postings wherever possible. Promote your app by posting and sharing not just promotional but also fun and engaging content linked to it in order to create a community around it.
8. Create a content marketing strategy
Begin composing a blog many months before it is scheduled to go live. When it comes time to debut, you’ll already be established as an authority in your niche with a large number of followers. Begin with a basic launch post in which you may brag about the app’s capabilities, display screenshots, and upload videos. The following are some of the advantages of content marketing for your app:
- Content may be used to increase traffic, conversions, and brand exposure. Create a brand around your software by establishing yourself as an authority in your field. Content may help you build trust with your users. Blog material may be utilized in email marketing campaigns to re-engage contacts, as well as on social media platforms.
The Acquisition Stage
The choices are unlimited when it comes to implementing a user acquisition plan. It is critical to employ a variety of tactics, to be innovative, and to be constantly improving your overall plan. Try to gain as many downloads as possible in the first week following the introduction of your product. The greater the speed with which your software is downloaded, the higher it will rank in the App Store’s search engine results. Keeping track of where people are downloading your app from is critical when visitors begin to flock to your site and download your app.
The following is a list of tactics that may be utilized to increase the number of people on your website.
1. Paid strategy
After the app is published, begin distributing advertisements, such as those on social media sites such as LinkedIn, which are incredibly successful for user acquisition and retention. According to your target demographic, you could also investigate other social media channels like as Instagram and Twitter, which, while not as widely used as Facebook and Twitter, are nevertheless successful, particularly among millennials. LinkedIn’s ad platform is excellent for allowing companies to target targeted audiences based on their interests, geography, and a variety of other factors.
The utilization of Google Search advertisements may also be an excellent alternative if you’re delivering a service that your consumers are actively seeking.
2. App Store Optimization (ASO)
App Store Optimization is the process of improving your App Store page so that it appears higher in search results and converts more frequently. More than 65 percent of apps are discovered through a search in the App Store on Apple’s website. Once your app is highly rated in search results for a specific term, it will continue to rank well for several months after that. When it comes to potential consumers, the higher your app ranks, the more visible it is to them. At the end of the day, more exposure should result in more downloads, which will aid in getting your app discovered by editorial staff.
- A strong title gives you the opportunity to draw consumers in and entice them to download your app to find out more.
- Those keywords should be properly positioned throughout your listing in order for you to appear when consumers search for those phrases or terms.
- Include screenshots and videos to add value to your document.
- This may be changed by localizing your application.
3. Pitch to Apple’s editorial team to be featured in the App Store
Optimizing your App Store page in order to rank better in search results and convert at a higher rate is referred to as App Store Optimization (ASO). In the App Store, more than 65 percent of apps are discovered through a direct search. Once your app is highly rated in search results for a certain term, it will continue to rank well for several months beyond that point. It is more noticeable to potential consumers if your software is ranked higher in the app store’s ranking. At the end of the day, improved exposure should result in more downloads, which will aid in getting your app discovered by editorial staff members.
- It is possible to entice customers with a compelling title and entice them to open your app to learn more about it.
- Those keywords should be properly positioned throughout your listing in order for you to appear when consumers search for those phrases or terms.
- Include screenshots and videos to give your document more value.
- This may be changed by making your program available in other languages.
The Retention Stage
Most individuals will put great effort into user acquisition marketing, but if no one is using the app once you’ve attracted users, the product isn’t generating revenue for the company that created it.
Your next step should be to devise a strategy for customer retention marketing, with the goal of converting new consumers into long-term clients. The following are some ways that may be utilized to promote employee retention:
1. Establish two-way communication
The more closely your app experience matches a user’s requirements and preferences, the more probable it is that the user will continue to use the product. User retention ranges from 61 percent to 74 percent for brands that connect with users through in-app communications within 28 days after receiving a message. While in-app messages might not necessitate urgent action, they are nevertheless vital alerts that should be received. These can contain notifications regarding app difficulties, payment failures, and version updates, among other things.
By segmenting your audience, you have the power to guarantee that the content they get is relevant to their needs and interests.
2. Push Notifications
It is more probable that a customer will continue to use your product if their app experience is better matched with their wants and preferences. User retention will vary from 61 percent to 74 percent for brands that connect with customers through in-app communications within 28 days after receiving a message. While in-app messages do not necessitate immediate action, they are nevertheless vital signals that should not be ignored. It is possible to receive notifications regarding app difficulties, payment failures, and version updates.
It is possible to guarantee that the content received by your audience is relevant to them by segmenting them.
Steps for continued success
If consumers are continuously interacting with your app, it indicates that they have formed an emotional attachment to the product. Encourage users to post reviews on your website by displaying a popup invitation to do so. However, keep in mind that the overall user experience should not be compromised as a result of this strategy. Consider when and how you want to ask for a review, and make sure it is consistent with the user experience so that people are not frustrated by the process. The more strategically positioned the popup is, the greater the likelihood of receiving a good review.
2. Consider a burst campaign
One of the most prominent tactics employed by mobile app marketers that aim to climb the rankings of the app store is the “burst campaign.” The concept of a burst campaign is to create a “burst” of exposure for your app in which you aggressively acquire paid media exposure for a short period of time – often between 24 and 72 hours, depending on budget – in order to increase awareness of your app.
With the aim of obtaining as many paid installations as possible and so raising your rating, All of this is being done in the hopes of raising the number of high-quality organic installations that should result if the app is ultimately rated high enough to be noticed by potential users.
While a successful burst campaign will likely result in an increase in organic downloads, ongoing sponsored advertising will ensure a constant stream of downloads over time. It’s critical that you keep the momentum rolling.
3. Offer a referral bonus
Offering your users a bonus or reward in exchange for spreading the news about your app is a guaranteed approach to persuade them to spread the word about your app. Dropbox, which has had a phenomenal 3900 percent growth rate, is a fantastic example of how effective recommendations can be. Following the implementation of their referral program, the firm went from having only 1,000,000 registered users in 2008 to having an astounding 4,000,000 registered users in just 15 months. It is explained in detail in this post from Localytics how Dropbox leveraged referrals to grow their user base at an exponential rate.
Set Goals and Track Key Metrics
Setting targets and tracking the rise in your app store ratings over a specified period of time is the only method to determine whether or not your marketing plan is effective. Throughout the acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention stages of the user experience, there will be several analytical components that you’ll need to keep track of, which is why measurement should be a continuous activity. Churn rate, daily active users (DAUs), session length, time spent in-app, session interval, and cost per acquisition are some of the critical indicators to keep track of.
You’ll need to figure out what worked and what didn’t based on these measurements.
Don’t Over Promise
The ability to avoid overselling is a critical component of any marketing approach. Word-of-mouth marketing is by far the most effective approach for promoting any mobile application. This implies that you are not allowed to misrepresent yourself or overpromise. You must ensure that your messaging is consistent at all times, or else you will invariably experience frustrated consumers and high uninstall rates. In order to develop a comprehensive app marketing plan, it is necessary to vary your promotional efforts.
Content should be varied, and app reviewers should always have easy access to a variety of sources of information.
When contemplating how to promote an app, one of the most crucial things to do is to identify key performance indicators (KPIs).
It is critical to concentrate on real-time data and to utilize it to assess and enhance the performance of your application.
Mobile App Promotion: Top 8 Ways to Acquire Users
Note from the editor: This essay was first published in 2013, but it has been fully rewritten and updated to reflect the most recent developments in the mobile marketing scene. The App Store has over 4.3 million apps available, while Google Play has over 2.9 million, according to recent figures. These figures are mind-boggling, and they continue to rise on a regular basis. You should reconsider your assumptions if you’re waiting around hoping that app users would just magically transfer to your app.
As a result, we strongly advise that you have a user acquisition strategy in place before to launching your app and approach it the same way you would any other traditional product launch.
We’ve been in the mobile app marketing game long enough to know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to promoting an application.
In this blog post, we’ll go through the eight most successful techniques to advertise your app in order to help you get the most downloads possible:
You must have an internet presence for your application. Why? Legitimacy. It is important for people to know that your app is the genuine deal and that you are fully committed to it as a business. For corporate companies, your app should be prominently displayed across your website, not as an afterthought or as a little logo in the footer of your website. Instead, it should be present throughout the whole process, whenever it makes sense to do so. SweetGreen is an excellent example of a company that does this successfully:
2) Social Media
It is necessary for your app to have an internet presence. Why? Legitimacy. Your app’s legitimacy and the fact that you’re sincerely involved in it as a company are important considerations for potential customers. For corporate brands, your app should be prominently displayed across your website, not as an afterthought or as a little logo in the footer of your site. Instead, it should be present throughout the entire process, wherever it makes sense to have a representation. Among the brands that excel in this area is SweetGreen, which follows the following guidelines:
- ORGANIC – Organic promotion on social media takes the form of just having a presence
- For example, a Facebook page, as well as Twitter and Instagram accounts, among other things. Begin by creating accounts and following individuals that are relevant to your target demographic and industry. Instead of spamming your audience with overtly commercial messages, attempt to engage with them in a meaningful way by writing about topics that they care about and participating in the conversation. Examples include: a plethora of vivid, mouth-watering gourmet photographs that GrubHub’s foodie audience devours on their Instagram account, which includes:
- A 2016 analysis by Kenshoo found that mobile app ad click-through rates (CTRs) increased by 32 percent year on year, while the contrary was true for CPC (cost per click), which reduced by 33 percent. Incorporating some financial resources into your app’s advertising can increase its discoverability and draw more users to your application. Because of their large audiences and capacity to segment them, social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram are extremely successful advertising platforms for mobile applications. Furthermore, because Facebook owns Instagram, it is quite simple to run app installation advertisements on both platforms.
How can you create effective Instagram and Facebook advertisements? We’re fortunate in that we have two excellent blogs that break it all down for you. Instagram?Here. Facebook?Here. How can you create effective Instagram and Facebook advertisements? We’re fortunate in that we have two blogs that break it all down for you. Instagram?Here. Facebook?Here.
3) Public Relations
According to popular belief, there is no such thing as negative publicity unless, of course, your press is completely non-existent. Mentions in the media and by influential people go a long way toward building interest and credibility. There are several approaches that may be used to do this, but the following are a few to consider:
- Create a press release
- Have a launch party and invite members of the local media and technology influencers
- And Interviews with journalists from local media and technology bloggers
- Blogging as a guest
4) App Store Optimization (ASO)
App Store optimization, sometimes known as ASO, is the search engine optimization of the mobile app sector. The capacity to get discovered in an oversaturated marketplace is critical. If you want to achieve great ASO results, pay close attention to the following points:
- Is the name of your app distinctive? Is it simple for your target audience to locate? Keywords — Include relevant keywords in your content, but avoid stuffing your content with keywords. Yes, it is important to be discovered, but it is also important to sound natural. The value of your app is communicated clearly in your description, which should be updated on a regular basis with app update explanations and release notes. Photos or video: Do you have 4-5 feature screenshots or a video lesson summarizing the most important aspects of your application? App screenshots are the first impression a viewer will get of your app, so make sure they are professional, easy to comprehend, and demonstrate the core function and goal of your app. Ratings – Do you have a high number of good app reviews? Make an effort to obtain favorable reviews from your existing users if you haven’t already, since this will certainly raise the reputation of your app as well as its downloads.
5) Search Ads
Apple launched Search Ads as part of its iOS 10 launch, which are sponsored advertisements that appear in the App Store and are available to all users. In a nutshell, you have the ability to bid on relevant keywords so that your app displays first when a user searches for applications using a certain term. I don’t know what you’re waiting for if you haven’t tried it yet. Apple Search Ads have an average conversion rate of 50 percent, demonstrating the potential influence they may have on your app’s performance and overall user experience.
6) Influencer/Celebrity endorsements
If there’s one thing the Kardashians have taught us, it’s the importance of celebrity endorsements. While it’s unlikely that you’ll have a few hundred thousand dollars lying around to pay an A-list celebrity to advertise your app, there are lots of chances on a lesser scale available here. Do you have any contacts in the tech world or within your respectable sector that you might use to get in touch with someone else? Are there any influencers in your area or within your business that you can contact with?
For starters, be sure the influencer’s following is representative of your app’s target population, otherwise you risk paying for an inflow of new app users who will almost certainly abandon your app.
What is the best place to begin your search for influencers? Apptamin explains where they are and how to get to them here.
7) Traditional Advertising/In-Store
Treat the launch of your app as if it were a typical product launch. What methods would you use to advertise it? It’s not commonplace to encounter app advertisements on television or when watching internet content. In the case of a retail firm having a physical location, it is critical that you market your app throughout the whole establishment. Consider conducting a campaign to get customers to download the software package. Customers who downloaded the Shake Shack app received a complimentary burger as a thank you.
8) Word of mouth/buzzworthy
Last but not least, but certainly not least Make certain that your app isn’t a dud. Seriously. Word of mouth is still worth its weight in gold when it comes to business. As a result, if you develop an application, it must be of high quality. When it comes to world-class applications, the competition is tough, and app users are spoiled for choice when it comes to the number of options available. That is why, before you spend in acquiring app users, you should invest in a mobile marketing platform, or mobile app marketing software, as they are sometimes referred as, that provides you with the information you need to engage and keep your users while also predicting your risk of churning.
Mobile app users have come to demand a highly tailored app experience, and if you want to keep them around and achieve their true lifetime worth, your mobile app marketing strategy must be on point.
As you can see, there is no end to the possibilities when it comes to app advertising. Treat it as if it were a typical product launch, and devote sufficient effort to developing an effective app user acquisition plan. Remember that the quality of users you attract to your app is more essential than the amount of users you attract, so make sure that you understand your target audience and that your adverts are tailored to their needs and preferences. Do you want to get the most of your mobile application?
9 app marketing strategies you must know
Understanding the many marketing strategies that may be used to promote your app is critical to building your overall marketing plan. As a consequence, you will have a thorough grasp of how these strategies may be integrated to create a successful application marketing strategy. This is true for all app marketers, regardless of the app vertical, budget, or target demographic they are attempting to reach. This article discusses the nine most important app marketing methods you should be aware of, as well as how you may utilize them to achieve your most ambitious goals.
To fully appreciate the benefits of market research, it is necessary to first comprehend what is already accessible to you. It is estimated that the App Store receives around 1,000 app submissions every day, according to the International Business Times. The competition is tough across all verticals, and knowing your rivals is essential when building your entire strategy. A thorough study of the industry will assist you in developing a better idea of how to employ the app marketing tactics discussed in this article.
Early in the development phase, you must be able to provide answers to the following questions in order to enable a voyage of discovery through significant market research:
- The target audience for your app is defined as the group of people who will use your app. What is it about your goods that will pique their interest? What strategies are your rivals using to reach the same audience at the moment
This information should also provide you some insight into what the best time would be to launch your application. User personas are an excellent tool for developing a mobile marketing plan that is tailored to your specific target audience groups. Generally speaking, each persona represents a set of users who are anticipated to go through a certain user experience. It is your responsibility as an app marketer to meet their requirements and streamline the process. In order to create a user persona, demographics, mobile preferences, and other unique identifiers relevant to your app sector are segmented and combined.
How to market an app: Nine essential app marketing strategies
An effective mobile marketing approach includes the creation of landing pages that allow consumers to learn more about your app on both mobile web and desktop devices. This is a cost-effective strategy for attracting new visitors, as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) may be employed to do this. When creating your app’s landing page, it’s critical to provide a visual representation of what customers may anticipate if they choose to install your app. Your landing page should include links to your app’s page in the App Store and Google Play Store, as well as a clear call to action to encourage visitors to download your app.
Displaying user evaluations and adding images of your app’s user experience, on the other hand, are essential.
A second technique to leverage SEO to identify new people and reach your target demographic is to create a landing page for them.
Examples of interesting blogs from mobile applications include Bumble’s The Buzz, the mobile game Clash of Clans, and MyFitnessPal, which are all dating apps.
2. App Store Optimization
Software Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of increasing the visibility of your app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store by optimizing its code. Even if your marketing successfully drives a big number of potential customers to the Software Store, your app must still be well-presented in order for them to finish the download and install process. ASO may also be used to acquire organic consumers at no additional expense. ASO, like SEO, necessitates the identification and utilization of keywords that will assist your software in ranking well in the App Store.
You may also make use of supplementary app categories to ensure that people can locate your app in more than one location.
If at all feasible, you should also make your app narrative entry available in many languages. For a comprehensive approach to ASO, check out our booklet devoted to assisting you in ranking well in the App Store.
3. Social media marketing
In order to be successful as an app marketer, you cannot afford to ignore social media activity. During the year 2020, users will spend an hour and 22 minutes every day on social media platforms. It is wise to publish on your social media platforms on a frequent basis and to utilize them for purposes more than simply boosting awareness of your product. Using social media, for example, is a terrific method to develop a community and get input from consumers who might otherwise not be motivated to contact you directly through your app or website.
You can learn more about this by conducting market research on the various app verticals.
Adding social media integration to your app will allow users to effortlessly share information from your app on their social media networks, which will increase user engagement.
4. Influencer marketing
The legitimacy of a brand is vital to 90 percent of buyers when deciding whether or not to support a company. When you employ influencers to reach new people and promote your business, you are referred to as doing influencer marketing. This app marketing method has taken the industry by storm in recent years, with influencer marketing expenses increasing by 65 percent this year alone. Influencers may be employed in a variety of ways to help you reach your marketing objectives. You may either provide an influencer with ‘freebies’ that they can share with their audience or you can pay for product placement on their channel.
The methods in which verticals such as fashion applications will collaborate with influencers will be distinct.
This is an excellent method to expose users to the functionality of your app while also providing them with a compelling incentive to install your app based on their interest in a certain influencer.
5. Paid user acquisition campaigns
Paid user acquisition is the technique of acquiring new users for your app by displaying advertisements on third-party websites. In order to achieve the greatest results from this method, you must first build up campaigns and then change your ad expenditure over time. It’s critical to understand the kind of people you want to attract as well as the in-app behaviors you want them to perform. When evaluating the performance of your campaigns and making adjustments to your spending in order to achieve greater results in the future, you will need to pay attention to data and identify patterns in client behavior.
a. After that, you will receive reports that will show you which channels are performing the best. You can play the roles of publisher and advertiser if you have more than one app, and you may do so by cross-promoting your applications.
Perfecting Your Mobile App Marketing Strategy
In order to successfully market your mobile app, you must consistently attract high-potential users and keep them as long-term customers as possible. As Sasha Friedman, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Mailchimp explains, “There are millions of apps available on the Apple App Store and Google Play, so developing a cohesive marketing approach can help your business really stand out from the competition.” The importance of thinking about your mobile app users at all stages of their journey is critical in order to create an experience that is tailored to their specific requirements.
Because it encompasses acquisition, onboarding, engagement, and retention, lifecycle marketing serves as a framework for developing an effective mobile app marketing strategy.
Awareness of your app and the value it delivers to consumers should be raised early on in the process of developing efficient app marketing strategies. Performing this at a few key points can stimulate curiosity and encourage new users to download your software. Increasing the visibility of your app in the app store is a critical part of increasing its visibility.
- Understand the current keyword trends. Keep abreast of search trends so you can figure out what people are looking for in the application store. App Radar, Apptrace, and Apptentive are some of the tools that may assist you in determining how your app is being discovered as well as researching keyword data to determine which keywords you should be targeting. Keep your listing up to date on a regular basis. Refresh your search listing at least once a quarter in order to draw attention to any updates or new features in your app. Make certain that you’re utilizing clear messaging that communicates your narrative, and that it’s accompanied by images that highlight your most impressive capabilities. As well as updating your app’s title and subtitle on a regular basis—again, utilizing relevant keywords— Increase the visibility of your app store profile. Reviews are vital for your app store profile, therefore encourage users to provide in-app reviews to help your app’s rating rise in the rankings. You may also submit your software to be featured in certain places, like as Apple’s “Today” screen, by submitting it. Introducing new features or upgrades in conjunction with holidays or special events, such as back to school, is a wonderful approach to gain attention. Promote your business and get customer feedback. In order to bring your app in front of prospective new users and reengage customers who currently have your app loaded, you should consider creating app store advertisements. It is recommended that you submit your app for review on websites that are related to mobile applications and your specific industry—this will enhance recognition and credibility for your app. Consider the big picture. Develop your app metadata—screenshots, title, subtitle, and description—into many languages to guarantee that people all over the world can easily appreciate the significance of what you have to offer. This will improve the probability that your app will be discovered by anybody, anywhere in the world, as well as raise your international search ranks and traffic
Make sure to incorporate app marketing into all of your other acquisition tactics as well. If you want to display your app’s capabilities and drive visitors to your app store page, you might consider creating a separate landing page on your website. Include a download link in all of your email campaigns as well as on all of your social media platforms. Facebook advertisements that include a download link, as well as links to your app store page in your Instagram or Twitter bios, will help you reach a wider audience as well.
Many of the applications that people download are quickly forgotten by them: The average mobile user has 40 applications loaded on their phone, yet just 18 of those apps are used by them for 89 percent of their time on the go. Establish an onboarding process that assists each and every user in immediately recognizing what is strong and vital about what you have to offer in order to entice them to utilize your app. There are a variety of approaches that may be used to improve the experience for new users.
- User’s rapidly forget about many of the apps they have downloaded. The average mobile user has 40 applications loaded on their phone, yet just 18 of those apps are used by them for 89 percent of their available time. Set up an onboarding procedure that allows each and every user to instantly grasp the significance of what you have to offer. This will assist users realize what makes your app unique and valuable. It is possible to make the experience for new users more pleasant in a variety of ways.
These early stages are also an excellent opportunity to gather information about how users interact with your app, which can help you enhance the onboarding experience in the future. You may make modifications based on what they’re using and the input they’re providing. The ability to segment your audience in order to better understand what various individuals are most interested in and anticipating from your app will improve the onboarding experience and drive use.
“What you know about segments may help you create a compelling and effective onboarding process,” Sasha explains. For example, you might personalize your marketing messages to consumers’ qualities, interests, or preferences if you do something as basic as that.
Tracking the use of your app may help you better understand what your audience wants and how you can best meet their requirements in the future. In the case of knowing when specific sorts of users generally check in, you may use that knowledge to plan messages urging them to interact with different or new features. Alternatively, a tool such asBranchorFirebasecan assist you in tracking which links in your app are being clicked and provide you with a better understanding of where downloads are coming from, allowing you to determine what works best to draw new users.
Use these strategies to keep consumers interested in your app.
- Push notifications, in-app messaging, email, and SMS may all be used to highlight new features and updates, as well as to demonstrate how your app can benefit your audience depending on what you know they are interested in. What will work best for you will be determined by your offering and target demographic. Testing to discover what various groups respond to can assist you in determining the best blend for your audience. Encourage users to provide reviews within the app. Reviews not only help to raise your app’s visibility in the app store, but they also give direct feedback on what customers like about the app—as well as what they believe should be improved. Upgrades and upsells are available. In-app payment options allow you to monetise your app while also providing your customers with an easy way to make purchases. If you sell a product or service, or if you provide a paid update to the app itself, in-app payment options are a great way to increase revenue. Make advantage of your knowledge of your users’ behaviour to determine the most effective methods and times to urge them to test this out. Make a promotion in the app. Users will be informed about new features, discounts, and special offers through messages and adverts in your app. “These may be a significant motivator for retention and future usage,” Sasha explains.
Every relationship necessitates the use of new applications to keep things interesting—and the majority of individuals have dozens of apps on their phones that they haven’t used in months. When you understand how users are using your app and when they are wandering, retention is far more effective. Make advantage of these suggestions to keep track of how frequently users interact with your app.
- In-app tracking technologies, such as Firebase, bring you up to date on what users are doing and where they are going in your app. If there is a significant drop-off in the number of individuals who begin an action but do not complete it, you may enhance a procedure or upgrade a feature, for example. Then you may send an email to users who have abandoned your app, inviting them to return and sample your new and better experience. It is possible to engage with users even if you haven’t made any improvements to your app and ask them to suggest a new way to utilize it. For example, if you have desktop app users, an in-app message might persuade them to try a cross-platform experience instead. In turn, this may encourage them to return, as well as increasing the general stickiness of your product with the consumer. Increasing the prominence of your app might also aid in user retention. Consider displaying advertisements on your website to remind consumers about your app. Test multiple forms, such as banners and pop-ups, to discover which ones get the most attention from consumers. Retargeting advertising, as well as social media postings or SMS messages, can help you get back on people’s radars.
Create a lifecycle framework
It will help you increase your audience, keep them engaged with your brand, and give a wonderful experience if you have a solid marketing plan that takes your mobile app users through the path from downloading to becoming loyal regular users from the beginning. “It’s critical to understand where your mobile application fits into the overall client experience.” As a result, you can develop a great mobile marketing strategy that communicates to people at the appropriate time and place,” Sasha explains.
23 Ideas to Promote Your Mobile App for Free (2021 Update)
In 2020, 218 billion mobile applications will be downloaded, and the app market will continue to rise. User attention is highly sought after, and in order to stand out from the crowd, you will need to not only design an excellent product, but you will also need to develop an efficient app marketing plan that will attract new users. While advertising is an important component of a successful app launch, it does not have to be prohibitively expensive to be effective. Make use of these 23 suggestions for free app advertising.
What is mobile app promotion?
Marketing for mobile applications, also known as mobile app promotion, is an interactive activity that takes place throughout the lifespan of a mobile application. In order to design efficient mobile marketing app campaigns that boost client acquisition and user retention, app developers must communicate with existing or future app users. Overall, mobile app promotion involves reaching your users at every stage of the marketing funnel – from the moment they discover your app in an app store (whether it’s an app store owned by Apple or a Google Play Store owned by another company) to guiding them through the process of installing or downloading the app, and onward.
In layman’s terms, this is how you go about creating an app marketing journey. Effective mobile app marketing services may assist in increasing the return on investment for new apps, increasing the lifetime value of customers, and reducing customer churn.
How can I promote my app for free?
Don’t be concerned if you just have a small budget to market your software. There are a plethora of options available for free app advertising. However, the term “free” does not imply that no effort will be required on your part – quite the contrary, in fact – but it does imply that you will not be expected to pay for the exposure itself.
How do you attract the best users to your apps?
It is possible to attract people to your applications in a variety of methods, but it is important to be certain that you are bringing in the correct consumers. Those that comprise your core audience will be the ones who are most likely to download and utilize your app over the long run. In order to properly target clients through mobile app advertising, you need consider the following strategies:
- Make use of app store optimization (ASO)
- Develop targeted email marketing campaigns
- And more. Make use of app store advertisements
- Harness the power of social media – including sponsored social media campaigns
What are the best app marketing strategies?
This is dependent on the sort of software you’re developing, where it’s being distributed, and how users engage with it. The following are some typical mobile app marketing methods that can assist boost your chances of being successful with your app:
- Undertake User Research- It is critical to conduct user research in order to better understand potential consumers and their preferences.
- More study is required. You could also conduct a competition analysis to determine what other app developers are doing that are comparable to yours. Is there a market niche for your app business, or do you need to take a different approach?
- A landing page, often known as a teaser page, is an efficient and innovative approach to enlighten and entice your users to continue reading. Make sure to include important information such as the app’s name, icon, screenshots/mockups, and a call to action in your presentation. Also consider putting a feature video or favorable app reviews
- These are also options.
- Improve the exposure of your app in the app store by implementing ASO (app store optimization) tactics to improve your app rating.
- Measure your key performance indicators (KPIs)- Measuring product performance is an important aspect of any marketing strategies. The creation of mobile applications is no exception. Keep track of app downloads, app installs, in-app purchases, unfavorable reviews, and anything else you need to keep track of in order to uncover potential optimization opportunities.
- Social media may help you better target your audience since they can give you with valuable information about new users’ hobbies, browsing patterns, and requirements. This allows you to locate and attract consumers in a more focused manner. Make use of Linkedin and Facebook groups, content discovery tools, and internet forums to spread the word about your application
1. Optimize your app for the app store
Google Play (53 percent) and the Apple Store (42 percent) are the most popular destinations for app searches (47 percent ). It is therefore critical to optimize your app store presence so that your software is readily discoverable. Here are a few things to keep in mind while you work on optimizing your mobile application:
- Choose an appropriate app name, compose an enticing app description, incorporate relevant keywords, and prepare app pictures or videos
- Then publish your app.
App Radar is the source of this information.
2. Create a landing page
The creation of a landing page for mobile app marketing is an excellent concept. It will provide you with an opportunity to more effectively describe the benefits connected with your software, answer any questions that your target users may have, and provide testimonials that will increase your credibility with your audience. Creating a landing page can also increase the likelihood of your app being discovered by search engines, which may be a valuable source of leads.
3. Use QR codes
QR codes are a wonderful, cost-effective, and user-friendly method to advertise your app and drive downloads, and they are becoming increasingly popular. QR codes may be included practically anywhere – from product packaging to television commercials and posters – and can be used to encourage users to give evaluations on app review sites, discuss their experiences, or take advantage of fresh deals, among other things.
4. Ask customers for reviews
Inviting your users to submit you a review on Google Play or the App Store will help you grow your business. Positive reviews influence purchase decisions and have a direct impact on the algorithms used by app stores – they increase your reputation and position in search results as a result of your positive reviews. You may also want to investigate other review sites such as G2Crowd, Capterra, or Serchen – just be sure you answer to each and every one of them.
5. Create unique content
Make content that is connected to your mobile application.
You can post it on your blog if you like. If you don’t have one, you can use the Medium setting instead. Creating content is a terrific strategy to increase traffic to your website while also increasing brand recognition and credibility for your organization.
6. Produce guest posts
Try to have an article published on one of the high authority blogs in your topic that are related to your business or niche market. Not only will you be able to offer your expertise, but you will also be able to earn a few backlinks to your website as well. The greater the number of backlinks you have, the higher your Google ranking will be. In the long run, this should be beneficial to your lead generating efforts.
7. Use guest blogging
Although you will want to generate your own content to market your app, you may also use guest blogging to give your material a “signal boost” in order to increase its visibility. Guest blogging is the practice of distributing your material on other websites with the goal of attracting traffic back to your own website. It’s a terrific method to improve exposure of your own app by promoting it on more established blogs or websites with a larger readership.
8. Take advantage of social media
Make use of social media to spread the word about your app. Choose the channels where your target audience is the most engaged. Include any app updates as well as any relevant material for your target audience in your newsletter.
9. Join groups on social media
It is possible to market your app for free by joining groups on LinkedIn and Facebook where you may post material and, as a consequence, gain exposure. Keep in mind that it is not always permissible to distribute commercial information within groups, so stick to informative topics instead of advertising. Maintain a separate company profile on LinkedIn or Facebook for your sales and marketing messages.
10. Get your app featured on a podcast
Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular – as of January 2020, there are over 900,000 podcasts accessible on iTunes, while there are over one billion blogs available worldwide. Take advantage of this while it lasts since it makes the podcasting field less competitive than the textual content area. Choose a few podcasts that your target audience listens to and see if you can go on as a guest speaker on one of them. It’s a fantastic method to get the word out about your software to a huge number of people for free.
11. Create an email signature
Emails are still a common mode of communication, with individuals sending 246.5 billion emails every day on an average basis. The failure to provide a link to your application in your email signature is a wasted chance to generate leads. Because 91 percent of people read their emails on a regular basis, including a link to your app in your email signature will increase the exposure of your business.
12. Attend online meetups and webinars
Attend online gatherings where you may either speak or at the very least mingle with individuals who could be future customers or business partners.
13. Make it useful
Despite the fact that it may seem simple, making your app helpful is arguably the most foolproof method of advertising your app. If you are able to address problems in a user’s everyday life or give them with unique enjoyment, they will seek you out, find you, and ultimately spread the word to other potential consumers about your product.
When it comes to this, your research will come in helpful – be sure to validate your app concept before launching it so that you can be confident that it will be valuable to new customers.
14. Get featured in blog articles
Do you remember any of the articles that were published around the topic of “the greatest tools for”? Make an effort to get mentioned in one of these. Spend your time researching businesses with strong domain authority because they typically rank higher on Google, which implies more traffic to your app.
15. Feature your app on Product Hunt
There are plenty of app fans on Product Hunt. Product Hunt is a terrific place to promote your software since it not only allows you to acquire a lot of exposure, but it can also serve as a great source of leads. This is especially true if your app is one of the top three goods of the day. One of PH’s success stories is RobinHood, a brokerage app that is completely free and without commissions. RobinHood received a total of $176 million in financing as a result of the campaign’s efforts. Product Hunt is the source of this information.
16. Use referrals
In order to encourage your existing users to request their friends to download your app, you need set up a referral system. You may put a “refer a friend” button in your app and provide users with incentives for each recommendation they get. According to the previously stated Robin Hood, for each new friend who joins the app, the referrer will receive one free share of stock, with the value of the stock ranging between $2 and $200. Referral Rock is the source of this information.
17. Use app directories
Submit your mobile app to one or a few app directories, such as appchatter, androidapplog, apps400, or preapp, to gain exposure. The greater the number of listings on which your app appears, the greater the likelihood that it will be discovered by potential users.
18. Partner with other apps
Collaboration with comparable applications is another strategy for achieving success with app advertising. For example, if you sell a survey app, you can consider partnering with a company that sells a Customer Relationship Management system. If you work together, you can undertake cross-promotional marketing. For example, they might mention your app in a newsletter distributed to their client base, and you could do the same for them.
19. Release a demo video
Nowadays, video is king when it comes to marketing. According to a survey conducted by Hubspot, 54 percent of customers would want to see more video content from businesses that they trust and support in general. Creating a 30-second video showcasing how users may benefit from your app and promoting it on your social media channels as well as including it on your website can help you garner more attention.
20. Submit your app for rewards
What other avenues do you have for marketing your app? You may enter a mobile app competition, such as the Best Mobile App Awards, to showcase your work. Not only will it help you to gain more exposure, but if you are successful, it will also increase the credibility of your organization. Here are a few competitions you might want to look into:
- Appy Awards, Best Mobile App Awards, Appsters Awards, Apple Design Awards, and Best App Ever Awards are among the honors bestowed to mobile applications.
21. Get involved in forums
Answering queries on forums that are relevant to your market will allow you to demonstrate your knowledge. Alternatively, you may try searching for similar questions on Quora, which has over 300 million active users, with more than 35% of Americans claiming to use the site.
Avoid answering queries that have received a large number of responses since your visibility will be reduced. Concentrate on inquiries that have a large number of followers but little responses.
22. Team up with influencers
I understand what you’re thinking: “involving influencers will cost me a fortune.” I understand. Unless you choose to collaborate with business celebrities, which is not required. Alternatively, you could collaborate with micro-influencers or tech enthusiasts who have a substantial social media following. Create interest in your app so that if they decide to use it and like it, they will be more likely to write a review and share it on their social media channels.
23. Pitch to App Store editors
Make an attempt to pitch your software to App Store curators in order to get it listed in the “Today” section of the store. Keep in mind that companies get hundreds of pitches every day, so you must be certain that your pitch is well-crafted before sending it. Explain what your app does and what makes it stand out from the crowd. When assessing applications, Apple editors look for features such as great app quality, stylish design, and compelling storytelling, among other things. It is possible to expect a big number of impressions, click-throughs, and installs if you are fortunate enough to be chosen.
Use various techniques to boost your app exposure for free
Building an exceptional mobile application does not imply that it will be successful. You will still have to put in the necessary time and effort to promote it. However, it is not necessary to increase your marketing expenditure because there are several free app promotion strategies that may be implemented. When it comes to app stores, one of the most advantageous strategies is to optimize your app for them, as the vast majority of users look for apps on Google Play and the App Store. Answering questions on platforms such as Quora, generating material that is relevant to your field, and sharing it on social media are all ways to demonstrate your knowledge.
Considering that you now understand how to market an app, why not put some of the suggestions we provided above to the test?