Here are ten best practices to improve your Squarespace SEO.
- Perform Keyword Research.
- Optimize Your Domain Name.
- Use Keywords in Your URLs.
- Integrate With Google Search Console.
- Add SEO Page Titles and Descriptions.
- Integrate With Google My Business.
- Create a Custom 404 Page.
- Check Your SSL Settings.
How do I improve my SEO on Squarespace?
How to do SEO on Squarespace
- Do Keyword Research. Before you do anything else, consider your keywords.
- Offer High Quality Content.
- Optimize Your Title Tags.
- Use Keywords in Headings and Meta Descriptions.
- Simplify URLs.
- Improve Your Images.
- Remove Duplicate Content.
- Turn on SSL.
Does Squarespace have good SEO?
Squarespace is recognized by most users – including us – as an excellent website builder for templates and design. Squarespace sites often even hit that coveted first spot on Google’s results page! Squarespace SEO is an excellent option if you’re already familiar with SEO best practice.
Which Squarespace templates are best for SEO?
The best Squarespace template for SEO is Brine. Brine avoids the quirks of older templates that do not allow full use of headings, and even allows you an intro section on your blog page so you can get an H1 in on that page, too.
What are some SEO best practices?
What Are SEO Best Practices?
- Add Your Main Keyword Early On In Your Content.
- Write Unique Titles, Descriptions and Content.
- Optimize Your Title Tag for SEO.
- Optimize Your Site’s Loading Speed.
- Track Your Results With The Google Search Console.
- Optimize Images for SEO.
- Use Internal Linking.
- Publish Amazing Content.
How SEO Works on squarespace?
Squarespace automatically generates SEO‑friendly pages with static URLs for every product category. All Squarespace online stores are designed to maximize the visibility of your brand and help shoppers find your products.
How do I make my website SEO friendly?
7 Tips for Creating an SEO-Friendly Site
- Use responsive design to connect with mobile users.
- Create website content to target valuable keywords.
- Optimize header tags to help search engines better understand your pages.
- Use internal linking to help search engines crawl and index your pages.
Why is Squarespace so bad for SEO?
The problem is that Squarespace actually uses the “Site Meta Description” for any page or post where you don’t specify a different meta description. That means that the Site Meta Description is almost always applied to multiple pages of your site.
Why you shouldn’t use Squarespace?
They don’t provide support for your customizations and it’s not always easy to make things look just so. If you aren’t completely happy with the customization options in the Style Editor, you may end up needing a developer to overwrite the Squarespace template to create a new style.
Why Squarespace is bad?
The Bad. Limited Navigation Options: Squarespace is a powerful website builder for simple websites, but it offers limited navigation options. While you can customize your base menu, Squarespace doesn’t support the complex menus that larger sites may require. Navigation is restricted to two levels.
Which website builder is best for SEO?
The five best website builders for SEO are:
- Wix – perfect for absolute SEO beginners.
- Squarespace – great choice for those more confident with SEO.
- Weebly – has dozens of high quality, helpful SEO apps.
- GoDaddy – great for those who want outside help with SEO.
Where do I put SEO keywords in Squarespace?
An obvious place to add keywords to Squarespace is in the body texts. Many SEO experts recommend an ideal keyword density around 1-2%. Anything above this can get your page being considered “keyword stuffing”. Go below it and search engines might not detect the right keyword from your page.
Does WordPress have better SEO than Squarespace?
WordPress has more powerful SEO, but Squarespace has more built-in features. By installing SEO plugins on WordPress, you can call on powerful tools like Yoast. But if you want built-in features and much less work, then Squarespace is the better choice.
What is SEO Best Practices 2021?
10 SEO best practices for 2021
- Learn about SERPs and featured snippets.
- Adjust your SEO strategy for zero-click searches.
- Follow an SEO philosophy of 60% new content, 40% old content.
- Fix what’s holding your SEO results back.
- Research your competition before you start writing.
- Create better content than the competition.
What is the best SEO strategy for 2021?
SEO trends to leverage in 2021
- Core Web Vitals as a Google ranking factor.
- Google’s BERT looks for intent matches.
- Keyword research will become more important.
- Google still wants original content.
- Voice search.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Video marketing.
- Featured Snippets.
Despite the fact that Squarespace sites are designed for clean indexing by search engines, the material you add to your site and the way you present it have a significant effect in how quickly people are able to find you. As you prepare to launch your website, read over the checklist below to verify that your site is optimized for both search engines and visitors to your site. Check out Increasing your site’s exposure to search engines for an in-depth overview of search engine optimization best practices.
Before you launch your website, make sure it is optimized for search engines.
- Including a site title is essential, even if your site only has a logo. This is because the content on your site may be indexed by search engines. If possible, confine the title to 60 characters or less and add one or more keywords. Incorporate a site description- Include a brief (50-300 characters), relevant, and legible description of your website in your SEO site description. As a consequence, depending on what your visitors search for, this content may display underneath the title of your website in search results. Include your location- If Google and your consumers are able to see your location, your site will have a greater chance of appearing in searches for your local region. If you have a physical location for your business, we recommend that you build a Contact Us page that includes your address and a map. Set up a website to advertise your location-Create and manage online listings for your company’s physical location as well as serviced areas and hours of operation. Install Squarespace on your website and connect it to your Google My Business listing, which will allow you to maintain your information from one place. Construct an external URL for your site instead of using the built-in.squarespace.com URL. This helps to reinforce your brand and makes it simpler for potential consumers to locate you in search results. Connect to social media and create social sharing accounts. so that visitors may be directed to your social media profiles, so that material can be distributed as you create it, and so that people can be encouraged to share your pages
- Add a browser icon- Your website’s browser icon, also known as a favicon, helps to promote the brand of your website. A version of this symbol may show in search results, browser tabs, and other places on the internet. Add social sharing photos-When you or someone else shares your website on social media, your social sharing images will appear on the platform. Incorporate one to symbolize the entire site, one for each particular page, and one for each blog post, product, and event
- Include SEO descriptions on each page of your website. Make sure each page has a unique SEO description. Short and accessible language (50-300 characters) that describes the content of the page should be used as a heading. Individual blog pieces, items, and events may all have SEO descriptions added to them as well. Make sure your page and title formats are correct. – You have complete control over how your page names appear in browser tabs, social media sharing, and search results. This can be specified for page names, the homepage, and collection objects (such as blog articles or goods)
- However, it is not recommended. Create a 404 error page that is unique to your organization- Add links to some of the most popular or significant places on your site to the 404 Page to make it more personalized. If a broken link is encountered, this encourages visitors to stay on your site rather than instantly returning to the search results page
- Decide on the URL format for your blog post- If you’re blogging, you may customize how your blog post URLs are generated automatically. While you are free to choose any of the alternatives that best suit your purposes, we recommend that you always include the title of the article. Examine the URL slugs- It is preferable to have URLs that are descriptive of the content of the page. It’s possible that the URL slug for your blog post, product, or event will be generated at random if you save it without first putting a title to it. Make a list of the slugs for each page and item on your site and alter those that don’t include actual words. Ascertain that SSL is enabled- Verify that yourSSL panel is configured to the Secure setting. Sites that do not use SSL may be punished. Examine your material to ensure that you have adhered to our content best practices on all of your website’s pages.
As soon as your website is up and running, we recommend that you:
- Create an account with Google Search Console- Once you’ve created an account with Google Search Console, you’ll be able to control your site’s position in Google search results and track how visitors discover you. To request that Google index your site, fill out this form. This will request that Google’s bots analyze your site and update search results with your fresh material
- Use Bing Webmaster Tools to verify your site’s visibility in search results on Bing and Yahoo
- Manage your site’s presence in search results on Bing and Yahoo
- Connect to Google Analytics- Our built-in connectivity with Google allows you to track visits to your site as well as other reporting metrics. Make use of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) if you have a blog since it allows you to generate a stripped-down version of your site that loads quicker on mobile devices.
Optimize for search engines
As you add or change material, keep in mind to keep your site as search engine-friendly as possible by using the appropriate keywords.
- Employ the analytics tools available on your site. Check the Search terms panel and other analytics panels, such as the Activity log, Popular content, and Traffic, to see how your site’s traffic and search engine ranking have changed over time. Keep up with Google Analytics- Take use of our integration with Google Analytics to track and report on more visitors. Prepare strategically- Continue improving your site by following our content best practices
- Make strategic revisions Redirect broken or modified links- If you update the URL slug on a page on your site, implement URL redirects to guide users who arrive at the old URL to the new page. Continue to update and add material to your website- Updating your website on a regular basis helps search engines see your website as an active site. Starting a blog is a great strategy to ensure that your website is updated on a regular basis.
Content best practices
Keep the following points in mind while you construct your website:
- Make strategic use of keywords- Include content on your site (including page titles and descriptions) that corresponds to the search phrases that people will use to locate sites similar to yours, such as For more assistance, please see Including keywords for search engine optimization
- Structure your material- Include headers on your pages to maintain your text skim-friendly and to assist search engines in navigating through your content. For further information, please see our tips. Increase accessibility for visitors who use assistive screen readers by including alternative text in pictures. Alt text also assists search engines in determining the content of a website. Add social sharing logos and SEO descriptions to your pages as you add new pages to your site. As you add new pages to your site, offer them social sharing logos and SEO descriptions. Provide understandable file names for your images- Image file names can also be utilized as alt text in some cases. Keep in mind our recommended practices while establishing the titles for your picture files. Add tags and categories- Use tags and categories to organize your blog articles, goods, gallery photos, and other information to make it easier for users to explore your website. Connect the pages on your site together by linking to their content when appropriate. As you add pages and collection items, make sure that the URLs of those pages and collection items accurately match the content of those pages. Maintain the nimbleness of your pages- In order to guarantee that your site loads quickly, we recommend that pictures be kept under 500 KB in size and that the whole page size be kept under 5 MB.
Site ranking changes
If you see a drop in your site’s rating immediately after optimizing it, don’t be concerned. You should expect minor variations in your ranking as search engines index your adjustments, which is to be expected. If your position hasn’t improved after a week or two, look at your analytics to see if there are any trends in site traffic that might explain the decline. Changing the way other websites connect to your site, for example, might have an influence on your visibility. You may also think about changing your keywords to target other types of search phrases.
SEO strategy is outside the scope of Squarespace Customer Support due to the fact that search engine technology is always changing and that everyone’s marketing requirements are different. While we are unable to give particular SEO advise via email or live chat, there are other avenues via which you may obtain more SEO assistance:
- Attend a webinar on “Growing Your Audience,” conducted by industry experts. In the Squarespace Forum, you may get guidance from other members of the community. Engage the services of a qualified SEO specialist to construct your website with SEO in mind
Was this article of assistance? This was useful to 1002 out of 1060 people.
10 Tips to Improve Your Squarespace SEO — Kat Collins • Allentown, PA
Every week, it seems like someone is inquiring about whether Squarespace is a decent platform for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The answer is a resounding YES. if you are aware of what you are doing. The difficulty with search engine optimization is that it may be daunting for many people. There is a plethora of contradictory and misleading information available. Not to mention the fact that it might be difficult to know where to begin. What is the best way to tell whether you’re doing something correctly?
- What about the loading time of the site?
- Is it necessary for me to hire a professional to handle my SEO?
- The list of possible questions is virtually limitless.
- The objective is to be found on the top page of search results on the internet.
- When it comes to SEO on your Squarespace website, if you aren’t already seeing results from your efforts, these ten steps (all of which I believe vital) will put you on the right track to increasing your ranks, traffic, and sales.
- It is not a one-day wham, bam, thank you ma’am situation.
- When it comes to implementing the technical part of Squarespace SEO, best practices should be followed.
It also implies that you must provide outstanding content that is updated on a regular basis (i.e. blog, etc.) To get you started, here are 10 ideas for improving your Squarespace SEO that I believe are very necessary.
1. Customize your title tags
Every website, blog, and product includes a tab for modifying the title tags, which you can access from anywhere. You’ll also notice that it’s an optional feature rather than a requirement. This is due to the fact that Google automatically grabs your page title. If you want to captivate your audience when they’re reading through internet search results, you may want to utilize a title that is more precise and incorporates better keywords to catch their attention. This is when the importance of personalizing your title tags comes into play.
2. ADD A SEARCH ENGINE DESCRIPTION
Squarespace enables you to include your own search engine description on your Squarespace website without leaving the platform. Go to MarketingSEO for more information. You’ll see an area where you may write 2-3 phrases to summarize your website in this part. It is this description that will be displayed on Google when a visitor comes across your web page. Fill in as many blanks with keywords as you possibly can, while still keeping the paragraphs short, sweet, and to the point.
3. Turn on SSL
In 2014, Google stated that they wanted to see “HTTPS everywhere,” and that a secure HTTPS website (i.e., one that uses SSL, or “secure socket layer”) would be given precedence over a non-secure website in search results. SSL is becoming increasingly important as a ranking element, and, aside from SEO, browsers are growing increasingly wary about non-secure sites. In order to utilize Squarespace, you must first obtain a free SSL certificate from them, which they will offer. All domains that have been successfully added to your Squarespace site are immediately secured with free SSL certificates, which improves security even further.
Google rewards safe websites with higher rankings than unsecure websites, therefore make sure your SSL certificate is turned on!
4. Add page descriptions
Every page on your website should contain a page description, which should be unique to that page. In 1-2 phrases, adding descriptions to your pages informs Google about the content of that particular page. Keywords that are related to the page should be included in these descriptions. I propose that you begin each page description with a single keyword or phrase that is constant throughout the document. If you add it to each page on a consistent basis, it will assist to boost your chances of being found when people search for those keywords.
Then select the Search Engine Optimization option.
5. Make sure your images have alt text
A feature that provides accessibility is image alt text, which appears when an image fails to load or when a user is browsing in visually impaired mode. It also aids in the contextualization and indexing of your photographs by Google. Here’s how to include alternative text in your images. As a last touch, you should give each of your photographs a descriptive title. Instead of using a generic picture title such as “photo1234.jpg,” consider using a title that provides more context for what the webpage, and more particularly, what the image is about, is about.
Before posting these photographs to your site, you may give them relevant names to distinguish them.
Once the photographs have been uploaded to your site, it is really simple to modify the file names. Click “Edit” on the photo to bring up the editor screen, where you may type in the new image title in the “Filename (optional)” section that displays.
6. Optimize your images
Images take up the majority of your website’s content and are the most time-consuming to load. They frequently cause a website’s loading speed to slow down, which not only bothers your website visitors but also affects your website’s rating in search results. Consequently, ensure that you take the time to compress and optimize photographs before submitting them to your website. The process of compressing a picture results in a reduction in file size while maintaining the quality of the image’s look.
7: Custom 404 page
Errors happen all the time. People will occasionally find up to non-existent pages on your website as a result of broken links, incorrectly entered web addresses, and other factors. There is a built-in default 404 page on Squarespace to which they will direct customers. However, by building a personalized 404 page, you may improve their overall experience. Errors will occur, and visitors will be sent to pages on your website that do not exist (broken links, they typed it wrong, etc.). There is a built-in default 404 page on Squarespace to which they will direct customers.
Here’s how to build a custom 404 page for your website.
8. Customize your URLs
When you use Squarespace, you may edit your ” URL Slug,” which is the URL that appears in the address bar of your browser as well as in Google’s search engine results. In order to do this, you should use something descriptive, indicative of the post title, brief, and separated by hyphens. is an example of a well-written slug. This is also true (which goes to your about page).
9. Use a custom domain name
Google will always give precedence to a site that has an actual domain name over a site that has a subdomain.squarespace.com domain name. It does cost money to have a personalized domain name, but the fee is usually not prohibitively expensive for such a concrete advantage. Yes, it will cost money (albeit not a lot), but it will provide a genuine advantage. Here’s how to create a custom domain on your website.
10. Connect Google Search Console and submit your sitemap
This is an extremely important phase! You will not be found by Google website crawlers if the search engine does not know you are there. I usually prefer that you complete this step immediately after launching your website, but you may do it at any moment if your website is already up and running. The quickest and most convenient method to accomplish this is through your Squarespace website. Navigate toAnalyticsSearch KeywordsConnect in the administration area of your website. Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) confirms your website’s principal domain and notifies Google to index your website, resulting in an increase in your SEO ranking as a result of this.
- There’s good news!
- The following will be the structure of your sitemap: Select “add property” in the top left corner of the Google Search Console dashboard and enter the URL of the website you’d want to index.
- Typesitemap.xml in the field labeled “Add a new sitemap.” To request that Google index your website, click on the Submit button.
- You’re killing it with these SEO techniques!
- Always remember that this process might take a long time and that it does not happen instantly.
I do not profess to be an expert in SEO because there is SO MUCH MORE to the subject than what I have discussed here. If you want to learn even more about Squarespace SEO, I recommend reading this post from Marketgoo(yes, that is their real name, and I love it!).
Top 10 SEO Best Practices for Squarespace Sites
When it comes to clean search engine indexing, Squarespace will be the first to inform you that all of its sites are made expressly for it. Of course, you will have some impact over this based on the content you contribute and the site design that you pick, which is why it is beneficial to be familiar with SEO best practices and techniques. While certain techniques are general, others will be exclusive to your Squarespace site, and the company even provides an SEO checklist to ensure that you cover all of your bases before publishing your site on the platform.
Whether you’re new to eCommerce or simply searching for a new strategy to get a competitive advantage, it’s never a bad idea to take a look at your search engine optimization (SEO).
Reasons to step up your SEO game: by the numbers
- Sixty-five percent of customers use their phones at important “ready to buy” moments, which implies your website must be optimized for local and mobile SEO. Consider the fact that about 53% of all Internet users access the Internet using mobile devices, while we’re on the subject of mobile. Or the fact that 40-60 billion Google searches are conducted each month in the United States of America. Approximately 53% of all website traffic originates from organic search results. Before making a purchase, 79 percent of individuals use their mobile phone to do a related action.
Although these are just a few examples, there are hundreds more data on SEO and search engine user behavior that will help you understand just how important it can be to supplement your own efforts with third-party information. Then, let’s talk about how you can go about accomplishing this goal.
Tip1: Use the Squarespace assistant feature
Squarespace features an excellent Assistant Dashboard that will assist you in making the most of your time spent on their website, among other things. The “Gain More Traffic” part of the Assistant menu will allow you to handle a lot of the SEO for your Squarespace website in one place when you visit the Assistant menu. You may make changes to the SEO title format, add a site description that is optimized for search engines, and even register a custom domain for a little cost from this page. The importance of a custom domain cannot be overstated, and we will say it several times: custom domain, custom domain, custom domain Certainly, if there’s one SEO suggestion that outranks the rest, it’s this one.
The site without the ‘Squarespace’ addition will, if you’re like the majority of people, be considered to be the more credible, professional, and successful site.
If you want a bespoke domain, don’t settle for anything less.
Tip2: Optimize your site title
The title of your website has a significant influence on the success of your SEO campaign. Even if you just name it after your company, it may not be sufficient. You must make certain that your title is optimized so that it appears correctly on search engines and attracts visitors in. Joe’s Automotive can’t just be called “Joe’s Automotive.” You must construct a title that appears well on Google and is capable of delivering what your target audience is looking for. Keep your message to 55 characters or fewer, or Google will remove it.
Joe’s Automotive instead.
That title is lot more descriptive, and it will immediately inform people of who you are and what you have to offer them. In addition to these benefits, it will increase your search engine results as a result of these and other factors.
Tip3: Make sure your site is mobile-ready
Mobile phones are no longer just a “nice concept.” It is currently considered to be an essential component of website development success. Given that mobile devices account for more than half of all Internet users and that smartphones account for about two-thirds of all online purchases, your website must be mobile friendly in order to be effective. Squarespace currently provides a site builder that is designed to be lightweight, but they also provide a great deal of flexibility, which is where some users might become entangled in the bloat.
To make the most of a small screen, design a responsive site with menus and navigational elements that users will use.
When it comes to SEO, mobile design is a large checkbox on the list for search engines like Google, and if your site is weak in any manner, you’ll lose a significant amount of ground.
Tip4: Optimize images, titles, and tags
Squarespace includes a “Pages” option, as shown in the picture below, where you can optimize each page with a dedicated “SEO” area, as seen in the image below. You will be able to enter your own title tags and meta descriptions here, saving you the time and effort of having to manually enter them or figuring out where they should go. There are no complicated steps to take, and Squarespace itself is more than willing to assist you along the route. You’ll need to make sure that as you add new product pages, blogs, and other material in the future, you continue to optimize everything in the same manner, which includes utilizing image tags and making sure that pictures are the correct size and file type in order to render how you want them.
Tip5: Create and submit an XML sitemap
It is basically a list of all of the pages on your website, which is contained within an XML sitemap file. The URL, the date of the most recent revision, and any other relevant information will be included in the list. Additionally, you may make a note of any pages on your site that you do not want indexed by the search engine, such as sites that are currently under construction. You cannot exist on the Internet and expect to be properly discovered by search engines unless you have an XML sitemap in place.
There are several tools available to assist you in creating your own unique XML sitemap, which you can then submit to search engines in order to have your site indexed.
Check out the many tools available and select one that is simple to use and straightforward in its approach to building the ideal sitemap for your needs.
Tip6: Enable the social media sharing buttons
Another strategy for increasing your SEO and brand awareness is to share content on social media. Because Google and other search engines recognize that you are offering your audience with the connections and answers that they want, simply having social sharing buttons available on your website may have a major impact on how well your website performs in search results. Furthermore, you will improve your own reputation as a result of providing people with the ability to communicate and interact with you through a new medium that is more familiar to them, even if you personally do not enjoy social media contact as much.
Enabling social media sharing buttons on your website will allow your users to share material on numerous social media sites with a single click in a couple of seconds. This is far more convenient and efficient than copying and pasting URLs.
Tip7: Optimize all URLs and permalinks
Optimization is important everywhere, but it is particularly important in your URLs and permalinks. Notice that certain URLs and permalinks are formed automatically based on titles or generic information, while in some cases they are generated entirely based on nothing. In any case, auto-generated content is rarely successful. Make a point of stopping and taking the time to build custom, SEO-friendly permalinks and URLs for all of your website pages, blog entries, and other online pages on a regular basis.
If you have numerous persons posting on behalf of your company, make sure that everyone is aware of the best practices and that everyone follows the same procedure here.
Tip8: Use the Squarespace SSL feature
In computing, “SSL” is an abbreviation for Secure Sockets Layer, which is a sort of security that is used to establish an encrypted link between a website and a browser. Because the URL will show as ” instead of “, you’ll be able to identify if you have a current SSL certificate. Google has publicly confessed to using SSL as a ranking factor since it demonstrates that sites are more reputable if they are protected from hackers. Adjusting this is a simple process that can help you establish credibility with both search engines and your target audience at the same time.
Simply navigate to “Settings” and then to the Advanced area, where you will find the SSL page.
Unless your site is really old and requires re-verification, it should be enabled by default.
Tip9: Create custom 404 pages
It is true that many individuals do not take advantage of 404 pages, but they have the opportunity to do so. In the event that someone attempts to access a website that is no longer available or enters an invalid URL, they will be greeted with the familiar “Page Not Found” screen—or will they? Instead than sticking with the “good old” version, why not try something different? You may easily divert users to another page on your site (instead of sending them directly back to Google), as well as provide consumers with additional information and answers than they would have expected to discover on their initial visit.
Tip10: Ask the people what they want
As with anything else, the most effective approach to obtain the information you want is to go directly to the source. The use of cutting-edge solutions, like as the live chat services provided by Smith.ai, allows you to communicate directly with your target audience and gain useful input that can be used to improve your Squarespace SEO efforts in a variety of different ways. Collect information from live chat sessions, customer enquiries, concerns, and other interactions, and then create a FAQ page with all of the insights so that the rest of your audience may benefit from them as well.
Using the services of a third-party receptionist or live chat service like Smith.ai, you can even do all of this without having to perform any of the tasks yourself.
Give your audience the best when you give the work to Smith.ai’s live chat agents
Our crew enjoys assisting you, and even more significantly, we like being the ones that get to be there for your consumers when they require any assistance at any time. Our live chat agents can assist you in a variety of ways, including improving communications in other areas and handling administrative work such as lead intake and scheduling. They can also provide you with valuable information that will help you enhance your SEO efforts. While artificial intelligence is fantastic, some jobs still need the participation of a human—although this does not always imply that it must be one of your humans.
We’ll do everything we can to make sure that happens with each and every encounter we have.
Schedule a consultation to learn more about our live internet chat service, which is available around the clock, as well as additional services such as new client intake and scheduling, after-hours phone answering, and other similar services.
10 Easy-To-Action Squarespace SEO Tips
- Create new pages (blog articles!) on a regular basis. If you can, try to blog once a week, but don’t be too harsh on yourself if you find it difficult to do so on a regular basis. Choose the most important questions your audience is asking and conduct research on the answers, including statistics and statements from other experts in the industry. A superb blog article contains everything a reader might possibly want to know about a subject in one convenient location. Instead of providing unique expertise or guidance that only you can provide, consider writing a research article or investigative journalism piece. Keep your existing articles and pages up to date on a regular basis. It is beneficial to keep older sites up to date since it allows them to continuously improve their search ranking over time. In your posts, include links to other relevant and trustworthy websites
- Tag your blog entries with keywords that are related to the content. Customers will appreciate the value and unique insights you provide them. In recent years, longer articles have performed better in search results than shorter ones because they signify more rich material. Organize your material by using graphics, bullet points, and numbers
See this article for tips on how to write the perfect blog post, as well as this information graphic. You might also be interested in my Squarespace SEO analysis for 2021.
Done all that and still need help?
These methods are sometimes all that is required to rank on the first page of Google for your selected search phrase, but it all depends on who you are up against. If you’re competing in a highly saturated market, you’ll have a difficult time moving up the ranks without putting in a significant amount of effort and money. Having a large number of useful, frequently updated material on your website, as well as a significant amount of advertising and marketing activity, will help you increase your site’s traffic and become discovered by Google.
I’ll do everything I can to assist you!
More information may be found here.
How To Make Your Squarespace Site Stand Out, Part 1: Images and Style Tweaks
Squarespace, website design, and digital marketing are some of the topics covered in this blog article. 2 Responses to “2 CommentsNext”
7 Steps To Building A Trustworthy Website
a blog post about Cat Wood website design and digital marketing services
Top SEO strategies for your Squarespace website
Do you want to know how to improve the ranking of your Squarespace website? Perhaps you’ve attempted to update your website, but it is still not visible. Alternatively, your website may be visible, but the text beneath the URL is illegible and confusing. Don’t be concerned, we’ve got you covered! We’ll go through some of our best SEO Marketing strategies that can help you increase your organic traffic and reach.
Following these ten top SEO tactics will assist you in optimizing your Squarespace website and achieving first page rankings in Google search results. Are you ready to begin your search engine optimization journey? Please continue reading!
1. Research Research Research!
When it comes to building up your Squarespace SEO, keyword research is a phase that is sometimes forgotten. To completely grasp what phrases people are searching for, look at what keywords your competitor is using and determine which places you should utilize in your page titles, you need conduct extensive research before beginning any project. When selecting keywords for your business, you want to make sure they have a high amount of searches and a low level of competition, which is why this phase is so important.
2. Choose the best keywords for your page titlesdescriptions
For the most part, search engines give priority to page titles and blog post titles, so you want to make them as succinct, clear, and significant as possible to assist both visitors and search engines in finding the appropriate material. Squarespace also provides SEO page names and descriptions, which display in search results, so be sure to include relevant keywords from your study in these areas as well! To enter your SEO descriptions, go to Page Settings and then pick the SEO tab from the drop-down menu.
3. Use headings to structure your pagesposts
Search engines give greater weight to the headers on your page than to the body material. In other words, it’s critical to inform search engines about the most significant aspects of your website by describing the unique content of each page (consider the scenario when people are searching for a certain service and you want your services page to appear!).
4. Choose a URL that is SEO-friendly
Improve the ability of search engines to locate and index your site by using URLs that are straightforward, descriptive, and clear. To improve the URLs of your blog posts (blogs are fantastic for SEO! For further detail, see point 6), you may wish to remove any extraneous content from your document. For example, the URL for this post is really straightforward: visuable.co/blog-visuable/10-top-squarespace-seo-tips Have you been perplexed by Squarespace SEO? Our 90-minute 3in1 SEO Expert Call will help you establish your SEO strategy, brainstorm SEO descriptions, and instruct you on how to incorporate those descriptions into your website, among other things.
5. Strengthen your website by optimizing your images
In general, page speed is a significant ranking element in Google’s search results. As a result, having photos that are both high-quality and quick to load may significantly improve your search engine rating. The use of picture descriptions (alt-text) in conjunction with Google image search is critical for the accessibility of visually challenged visitors.
6. Start creating relevant and regular content
Write relevant, interesting blog entries that feature stunning photographs, designs, or videos to give readers a reason to stay on your website and start providing fantastic content for them.
Google appreciates fresh material, and blogs may help you improve your search engine results while also providing information that is beneficial to your brand. You may find more articles in ourVisualable Blog that will serve as inspiration.
7. Use plenty of internal links throughout your site
Encourage visitors to wander through your website in search of additional material by including connections to further content on your website. It is quite beneficial to demonstrate to search engines that the material on your website is interconnected. Users will be sent to other pages on your website if you include ‘You might also enjoy’ calls-to-action on your website. Do you require further assistance with your Squarespace SEO setup process? For more information on our SEO Boost Package, please visit our website.
8. Remove duplicate content
Duplicate content refers to the fact that the identical piece of material appears on two different web addresses. This makes it difficult for Google to decide which version of the copied information should be displayed on the search engine results page. As a result, you should constantly ensure that the material on your website is unique and does not contain any repetitions or copies.
9. Turn on SSL
Google rewards high-quality content and supports HTTPS connections everywhere, resulting in a more secure online. Check to see that your website’s SSL is activated!
10. Include your location
Finally, Squarespace is beneficial for local SEO. Use precise geographical information in your page titles and page descriptions if your company has a physical location or if your target audience is based in a certain place. LanguageRegion allows you to specify your geographic area.
ready to dive into Squarespace SEO?
So, what are you waiting for? Setting up your Squarespace SEO is extremely vital if you want to reach out to new clients, increase brand recognition, and market your business. However, if you’re interested in learning more about SEO or having one of our professionals improve your website for you, schedule a conversation with our team to discuss your project!
10 Best Practices for Squarespace SEO
If you’re looking to create a search engine optimization-friendly website, Squarespace is a good option. Templates that are simple to use are combined with several SEO tools to help your website rank higher in Google search results, according to the company. Having trouble figuring out where to begin? Throughout this course, I’ll walk you through all you need to know about Squarespace SEO, including best practices to follow and the tools available through Squarespace.
Why Ought to You Care About SEO for Squarespace?
The greatest beautiful website in the world won’t do you much good if no one sees it, and that includes you. SEO is the process of optimizing a website so that it may be easily discovered by your target market. SEO for Squarespace is the process of ensuring that your Squarespace website performs properly in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and others. It is possible that you are acquainted with SEO plugins such as Yoast if you’ve worked with other website builders such as WordPress. Unfortunately, these items do not function with Squarespace.
The good news is that Squarespace comes pre-installed with a slew of powerful SEO tools that are easy to use. Your online success is dependent on your ability to determine the most effective approach to use them to improve your website.
10 Ideas for SEO for Squarespace
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of SEO advice available on the market. On-page SEO, off-page SEO, and even SEO best practices for builders are all covered in detail. With Squarespace, you won’t have to worry about any of the most technical aspects of search engine optimization. Take, for example, the fact that all of their websites are mobile responsive out of the box. The following actions can help your website rank higher in search engines such as Google, Bing, and other search engines like Google: The following are the top 10 best strategies for improving your Squarespace search engine optimization.
1. Carry out Key phrase Analysis
The study of key phrases is at the heart of SEO. It doesn’t matter whatever website builder you choose; it’s essential that you take the time to research which key words your website should target before you begin building. I’ve written a lot of in-depth articles on key phrase analysis, but I’ll go through the essentials right here to keep things simple. Key phrases are the words or phrases that clients use to find your website when they use search engines like Google to locate it. Generally, they are very obvious; for example, a dentist in Chicago will almost certainly target key terms such as “chicago dentist.” A variety of terms, such as “dentist near me” or “root canal,” might be used that are less immediately obvious.
), may be quite helpful.
(Don’t worry, we’ll cover the best approach to go about doing all of this later.) Consider doing some study into the terms that your competitors use as well.
2. Optimize Your Area Title
Although domains are not a direct SEO issue, they will have an impact on your overall SEO efficiency. For example, if someone is looking for a dentist in Chicago, do you think they’ll go to a website like this one? The use of key words in your domain name is a basic way to make it apparent what your website is about and to begin building your brand image from the beginning. If you already have a well-performing website that has been around for a while, there is no reason to change it (although you possibly can redirect your website to a extra SEO-friendly area for those who needed).
3. Use Key phrases in Your URLs
Remember those essential phrases we looked at in the first step? Do you still remember them? Make certain that these are included in your URLs as well. Additionally, you’ll want to make certain that your URLs are clear and easy to remember, particularly for service or product sites. For example, using the dentist example from above, the web page for the pediatric dental service should be www.chicagodentist.com/he12909vhsw rather than www.chicagodentist.com/he12909vhsw.
Clear URLs perform better in search and appear more trustworthy to customers since they are easier to remember. Here’s the quickest and most effective approach to update your Squarespace URL:
- Pages can be accessed from the Dwelling menu. To access the web page settings, select the gear symbol from the toolbar.
- Fill in the URL slug discipline with your new URL
- Then click Save.
4. Combine With Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free piece of software that assists you in monitoring and preserving your Google presence on the internet. Incorporating it with Squarespace allows the two websites to exchange information, making it easier to understand where your SEO efforts are paying off and where they are failing miserably. The console makes it simple to verify your website and lets you to view all of your superior Google information right in your Squarespace Analytics dashboard, eliminating the need to visit two separate websites.
5. Add SEO Web page Titles and Descriptions
Website titles and descriptions (also known as meta titles and descriptions) are brief blurbs that appear in search results to educate customers what they will find on a particular page of a website. If you do these things correctly, your website traffic will soar. If you ignore them, Google will build them for you—and they may not be as efficient as the ones you already have. The following is the most effective method of replacing your SEO web page names and descriptions on Squarespace:
- Select Pages from the Dwelling drop-down menu. To access the settings menu, use the gear symbol next to the title. Select theSEOtab, and then enter your title in theSEO titlediscipline field. ChooseSave
To accessPages, choose it from the Dwelling menu. To access the settings menu, use the gear symbol next to the title: After clicking on theSEOtab, type in your title in theSEO titlediscipline field. ChooseSave;
- Adorn your page with the primary keyword term you want to target
- Provide clear details about what the customer will discover if they click on the link
6. Combine With Google My Enterprise
If you own a brick-and-mortar business, this is a stage that you cannot afford to skip. Search results and how your online company appears in Google Maps may be managed using Google My Enterprise, which is a free piece of software. For example, if you search for a local business on Google, you may have noticed the “Google three-pack” of results: From the Google My Enterprise account, Google retrieves information such as critiques, price, and hours. Although Google My Business is successful, many smaller businesses find it difficult to manage more than one platform.
Here’s the most effective approach to integrate your Squarespace website with Google My Business:
- Then, from the Dwelling menu, select Advertising, followed by Location Management. SelectAdd Location
- Then click onImport from Google
- And then press Enter.
If you don’t already have a Google My Business account, you may create one by following the on-screen instructions on Squarespace’s dashboard. By integrating, you’ll be able to automatically send and extract data from your website to Google.
7. Create a Customized 404 Web page
404 web pages are those that clients encounter when they click on a hyperlink that either does not exist or has been moved but has not been forwarded to a different page. Here’s what I came up with: When utilized properly, 404 pages may improve your search engine optimization and develop consumer expertise. I use it to lead clients to my SEO software, but you could use it to direct them to blog entries, product sites, or other important website pages as well, if you so want. Customers are more likely to stay on your website if you make it easy for them to get the information they need.
A personalized 404 web page will boost the amount of time spent on the website, which may help with SEO. Here’s the most effective method for creating a personalized 404 web page in Squarespace.
8. Verify Your SSL Settings
SSL certificates (secure sockets layer) encrypt the information that is transmitted between your web site and your server throughout the checkout process. Due to its ability to increase website security, it is now required for all websites, but notably for e-commerce companies. Along with merely being a good idea, it is also a Google ranking concern, which means that using SSL on Squarespace is beneficial for SEO purposes. The good news is that Squarespace makes this process rather simple. To be more specific, all of their websites are automatically secured by SSL certificates.
Listed below is the most effective method of testing your SSL certificate settings in Squarespace:
- SelectSettings from theDwellingmenu, then Superior from the drop-down menu. SelectSSL
- SelectSafety Preferences
- And click OK. Check the SafeandHSTS Safe field for accuracy. Save the file by clicking on it.
9. Create Excessive-High quality Content material
Extraordinary-quality content material is the foundation of effective search engine optimization. It gives up-to-date content material (which Google appreciates) as well as information that your clients want and want. In spite of the fact that many themes come pre-loaded with blogs, Squarespace makes it simple to incorporate one into your website. When you’ve finished setting up your blog website, it’s time to start blogging. You’ll have the option of writing it yourself or contracting out the work to a freelancer.
To begin, start with the principles of matter and work your way up from there.
What are the common aches and pains that your prospects experience?
The following are only a few examples of several approaches to create useful, high-quality content material:
- Provide the following information: Respond to an inquiry, provide step-by-step instruction, or provide a recommendation to the reader. This will be made easier with the use of key phrase analysis. Content material should be divided into sections: Make use of headings, lists, and photographs to break up lengthy information and make your essay easy to read. Pay attention to the following: Instead of writing for everyone, write for a specific target audience that includes your customers (or perhaps a subset of your viewers). For example, this post isn’t about SEO in general
- Rather, it’s about SEO specifically for Squarespace clients. A dentist may write on “how to clean your teeth,” but “how to educate your children to wash their teeth properly” is more likely to be of use to parents of young children. Optimize the content of your website: When you’ve finished creating your useful, high-quality content, make sure to review Squarespace’s content best practices to ensure that your audience can easily find your valuable information.
10. Add Inner Hyperlinks to Essential Content material
Inner hyperlinks are links within your website that take visitors to other pages within your website. They not only improve the customer experience by assisting customers in finding sites, but they are also beneficial for search engine optimization. Inner hyperlinks aid Google in determining which pages on your website are the most important to visitors. In addition, search engines use internal links to navigate between pages on your website. However, you should avoid going overboard with internal hyperlinks.
The number of links on your website would be significantly reduced if your website just had a total of 10 pages.
Last but not least, be certain that the internal hyperlinks you include are useful.
Instead than bombarding clients with information about your latest product, this page is intended to direct them to useful resources. The following is the most effective method of introducing textual content hyperlinks to your Squarespace website.
Squarespace SEO Regularly Requested Questions
The majority of Squarespace layouts are moderately search engine optimization friendly. Brine, on the other hand, will receive high scores for its versatility in terms of customizing headers, content insets, and cell kinds. You may even include more advanced features such as parallax scrolling.
Is Squarespace good for SEO?
Sure. Squarespace offers a plethora of SEO tools and solutions that can assist you in optimizing your website. There are certain things you will not be able to access, but there are several SEO instruments and possibilities available to you.
Is optimizing SEO for your Squarespace free?
Due to the fact that SEO alternatives are included in their premium plans, it is truly free in the sense that you will not be charged any additional fees merely for SEO. Some choices, on the other hand, are only available to Enterprise or Commerce customers. When comparing programs, keep in mind that your SEO objectives should be taken into consideration.
What are the downsides to Squarespace, and how will you overcome them?
One of the most significant disadvantages of Squarespace is the lack of administration. Despite the fact that many templates are simple to modify, the ability to customize them is restricted. You’ll be able to avoid these difficulties by carefully considering your template options and picking a format that will grow with your online business as it grows.
Squarespace SEO Conclusion
Recognizing the most effective methods of implementing lucrative SEO strategies on Squarespace is critical to achieving on-line success. Even though SEO for Squarespace is a little bit distinct from SEO for various website builders, they still provide a number of SEO equipment. If you haven’t started building your website yet, I strongly advise that you start with keyword research first. If you do end up getting caught, my team will be happy to assist you. Do you use Squarespace as a website builder?
The Definitive Squarespace SEO Guide (2021 Update)
SEO might be complicated, but Squarespace makes it simpler. Setting up a website, creating content, creating links, and designing a website are the four basic SEO ideas covered in this piece.
SEO Fundamentals– Topics include: setup, content, links, and design– Frequently Asked Questions –Does Squarespace have a positive impact on SEO? –What is the finest Squarespace template for search engine optimization? –Does Squarespace have a plugin for search engine optimization? Getting Your Website Ready for SEO Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google Analytics are some of the tools available. Keyword research, meta tags, elements of quality content, and content time lag are all aspects of content marketing.
Navigation, colors, and page structure are all important aspects of web design.
Setup and technical SEO are included. SEO success necessitates a few technical processes, but don’t worry, we’ll walk you through them step by step. To the next part, go to Content Marketing. The importance of content in SEO cannot be overstated. Searchers should be considered while writing blogs and creating web sites. What keywords would someone use to find the information on your page? How to use blogs, hidden sites, and/or product/service pages to target certain keywords are all covered in this lesson.
We’re talking about external links here, which are connections that lead to other websites.
We’ll show you how to do it.
If your website is a complete disaster, it may have an adverse effect on your rankings. Users are more likely to engage with a visually appealing, easily navigated website, which should improve your rankings and conversion rate. Navigate to the appropriate section.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Is Squarespace a decent platform for search engine optimization? Yes, Squarespace is optimized for search engine optimization: you can provide title tags, get your content indexed by search engines, produce intriguing material, and develop links. It is undeniably effective. Does it, however, require time? Certainly. It takes time to create content and links on any site, and this is no exception. The simplicity of Squarespace is one of its main advantages. You give up a certain amount of flexibility (for example, as compared to WordPress), but you gain time and energy that you may use to focus on other more critical matters.
- Each Squarespace template has been optimized for search engine optimization.
- Select a template that is appropriate for your brand and its requirements.
- Choose, on the other hand, a template that “doesn’t show” page title tags of its own own.
- Is there an SEO plugin available for Squarespace?
- Everything you need is pre-installed on the user interface.
- Squarespace has all of the features you’ll need.
Technical SEO Setup
View keyword ranking statistics and upload your XML sitemap to the search engines (more below). Gain access to valuable tools that provide you with information about the link between search engines and your website. Squarespace websites should be verified using the Google Search Console.
VERIFY BING WEBMASTER TOOLS
Webmaster Tools, which is similar to Search Console, serves as the interface between your website and Bing. Because of the clear differences between it and Search Console, it is still a recommended practice to follow. Bing Webmaster Tools may help you verify the legitimacy of your website.
SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS
When it comes to internet marketing, Google Analytics can assist you identify the successes and failures of your campaigns. However, even if data analysis isn’t your strong suit, we recommend setting it up if you have any plans to engage a marketer in the near future. They’ll almost certainly want to view this historical information. Here are the steps provided by Squarespace for setting up Google Analytics.
When deciding which keywords to target with content (such as a blog), keep the following three factors in mind: search volume, competitiveness, and relevancy of the terms. The Number of Searches Create a list of keywords or make use of a keyword research tool such as keywordtool.io to assist you. To find out how many people are searching for particular keywords, copy and paste them into this box. To say the obvious, the more searches you conduct, the better. However, keep in mind that a larger search volume typically indicates more intense competition.
- Concentrate on keywords with less competition.
- Here’s what you should do: Search Google for your keywords and compare the domain authority (DA) of your website with the DA of websites that appear on the first page of Google’s results.
- in the teens).
- Relevance Target keywords that are related to your website’s content, products, or services.
- Some keywords are “further up the sales funnel,” while others are more general.
If a term has little competition, it’s likely to be a suitable choice for your campaign. Some terms are further down the sales funnel, indicating that these buyers are closer to making a purchase. When everything else is equal, give preference to keywords that are further down the sales funnel.
Title TagsTitle tags have two purposes.
- They inform search engines about the subject matter of your material. They entice consumers to click (or not click) on your listing, which increases your exposure.
The idea is to correctly communicate to search engines what your website is about by using keywords and persuasive language. This tutorial will show you how to edit Squarespace title tags. Find out more about title tags, which are the most crucial meta tags to know. Metadescriptions are short sentences that describe what you’re about to say. When a search engine results page (SERP) is displayed, the meta description provides more information. Although they do not directly effect keyword rankings, they can have an impact on whether or not consumers choose to click on your listing.
Because my meta description above is too brief, I’ve modified it.
Including keywords in your alt text may aid in your ability to get found in picture searches.
ELEMENTS OF QUALITY CONTENT
Producing high-quality content requires producing a straightforward user experience that is useful, accessible, and visually pleasant to the eye. Here are some straightforward suggestions for improving your customer experience. Headers Headers can be added to text blocks by selecting them from the drop-down menu. In general, one H1 (Heading 1) should be used per page, followed by H2s for subheaders and H3s for sub-subheaders, and so on. Headers are beneficial in a variety of ways.
- Readers benefit from the structure provided by headers. In order for users to extract information, headers must be present.
- They are written in the HTML language (HyperText Markup Language). They provide search engines with pertinent information about your content and have the potential to improve keyword rankings.
- The progress of reading is shown by the headers. People become disinterested in long, intimidating paragraphs. Reading text becomes more manageable when paragraphs are shorter and have headers.
Your building will begin to take on the appearance seen above. Relevance in Relation to the Present It is necessary for your content to be related to your target keyword in order to rank well (s). Generate as many different “search intents” as you can that might derive from your destination. When developing content to rank for the term “silent vacuum cleaners,” for example, your target visitors may be looking for any combination of the following factors.
- They are looking for goods that are silent vacuum cleaners. They are interested in learning about the technology that makes vacuums more silent. They want vacuum cleaners with different decibel levels on their list. Perhaps they are seeking for the trifecta: something that is sturdy, strong, and quiet.
You understand what I’m saying. Construct content that responds to the most relevant search intentions possible. What is the most effective method of determining search intents? Google the keyword you’re looking for. It’s likely that the first outcome accomplished something very well. Figure out what they did and tackle it in a different, more effective manner. Also have a look at the other postings for inspiration. Writing for the Purpose of Engagement Keep paragraphs to a minimum. For some readers, long paragraphs might be intimidating to read.
CONTENT TIME LAG: THE WAITING GAME
It takes time for content to rise to the top of search results. After you’ve submitted your material to Google, it’s a good idea to put it out of your mind for a bit. It might take up to 5 months for a piece of material to become established in Google’s search results. How does the situation unfold between now and then?
Google examines your content, and as a result, your ranks alter, as well as your clicks and impressions. Although this has no effect on your approaches, being aware of the time lag may help you avoid prematurely dismissing content marketing as a whole.
Link Building for Squarespace
Manual Link Building is a process that takes time. Inbound links to your Squarespace website are scanned by search engines in the same way that they are for any other platform (e.g. WordPress or Wix). In order to better understand your site’s relationships with other sites, they employ this link inventory. The same way that a solid reference on your resume sends a tremendous signal of trust and authority to your website, a link from Huffington Post does the same thing. It is not necessary for links to come from HuffPo to be beneficial to your rankings, so don’t spend your time purchasing spammy links.
However, SEO professionals constantly mention the importance of inbound links and how difficult it may be to get other webmasters to connect to your site.
Link Building in a Natural Environment Creating content that is so useful that it attracts links naturally is the passive kind of link creation – over time, the material will attract links on its own.
- Was your material relevant to the topic
- Did you include the appropriate keywords in your title tags
- And so on. Whether or if your material was worthy of being ranked
- Whether or not there was too much competition for your keyword
Web Design for Squarespace
Squarespace is a website builder that offers a simple, attractive interface for creating fully customized websites. Style editor allows you to make modifications to the layout of the template you’re using. Make that your fonts, colors, header sizes, and buttons are all correct. This will cost time and money, but if you want to be successful online, you must lay the groundwork for success! Website NavigationSimplify the layout of your website so that people can simply obtain the information they want.
If you have more related pages, incorporate them as well, but avoid making the navigation too cluttered.
Colors should be used to communicate with your business and potential customers.
Use only one or two safe colors that are complementary to one another – that may be all you need.
Listed below are a few examples of how you may organize your content in Squarespace.
Images may be used to supplement your content.
Your website and web pages should be simple to navigate, but they should also have enough information to satisfy the needs of those who want more in-depth information. That’s all there is to it, guys! Do you have any questions? Please let us know! Bring Me Back to the Top of the Mountain!