App store optimization is the process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store’s search results. The higher your app ranks in an app store’s search results, the more visible it is to potential customers. That increased visibility tends to translate into more traffic to your app’s page in the app store.
How important is app store optimization?
Improves Brand Awareness. As the purpose of app store optimization is to improve an app’s ranking, it therefore also helps with brand awareness. Therefore, app store optimization plays a significant role in making users aware of an app’s existence, and subsequently the existence of the brand it is associated with.
How do I optimize my app store?
7 App Store Optimization Tips
- Use Relevant Keywords. Researching the right keywords for your audience is essential.
- Optimize Your Title & Description.
- Include Compelling Icons & Screenshots.
- Add Video.
- Research Your Competition.
- Build Backlinks.
- Drive Traffic (and Downloads) to Your App Store Page.
What does app optimization do?
The short story is that Android is doing what it says, creating an optimized version of each app for the new version of Android you just upgraded to. This process makes each app start as fast as possible with the new Android version.
What is app store optimization services?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is for mobile apps just like search engine optimization is for websites. It is the process of optimizing apps to increase their visibility on major app stores, such as App Store for iOS, Google Play for Android and Windows Store for Windows Phone.
How do I increase my app store ranking?
Increase Your App Downloads and Improve Mobile App Rankings
- Understand app store optimization (ASO)
- Naming your app.
- Keywords and description.
- Set up your in-app purchases.
- Focus on high quality screenshots.
- Demonstrate your app with a video.
How SEO Improves app store?
5 App Store SEO Tips to Increase App Downloads
- Have an Eye-Catching App Icon.
- Make the Most of Your Title Tag.
- Develop a Robust App Description.
- Use Actionable Graphics.
- Take Keyword Optimization to the Next Level.
How much is app store optimization?
App Store Optimization Costs $,1,500 / month, depending on keywords volume analyzed and specific features.
What is difference between SEO and ASO?
The main difference between the ASO and SEO is that SEO is about ranking a website or content on a search engine while ASO is about ranking an app in a particular app store.
How do SEO for mobile apps?
Some of them are:
- Keyword research and targeting.
- The optimization of your app name, title, and URL for your major keywords.
- Generating app rating and reviews.
- Using deep linking in your mobile app.
- Indexation of your app on Google.
- Click-through rate optimization.
- Link building techniques.
What does optimizing apps mean Android?
It means all the apps will be compiled beforehand making them launch faster. So “Optimizing the Apps” basically means Android is compiling all the apps.
When optimizing your app you should focus on?
The key ranking factors for Android apps on the Google Play Store, based on the things that you can influence, are:
- App title.
- App short description.
- App long description.
- The number of installs.
- Reviews and ratings.
- In-app purchases.
What is an example of ASO?
For example, an organization may hire an insurance company to evaluate and process claims under its employee health plan while maintaining the responsibility of paying the claims itself. An ASO arrangement contrasts with a company that purchases health insurance for its employees from an external provider.
A Complete Guide to App Store Optimization (ASO)
In the first quarter of 2021, there were roughly 3.48 million applications accessible for Android users on Google Play, while the Apple App Store had approximately 2.22 million apps available for iOS users in the same period. Instead of debating whether or not to invest in apps to interact with their audience, marketing teams now must consider how they can make it easier for consumers to discover and use their applications in the first place. In this case, app store optimization (ASO) becomes quite critical.
- What is app store optimization and how does it work? How to improve your app’s rating in the app store
- App shops that you may use to market your company’s app
- Techniques for improving your organic ranks in mobile applications
We have included a list of practical tips that have been proven to increase app store performance whether you are new to app store optimization or just want to tweak your current ASO strategy in this post.
What Is App Store Optimization?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is referred to by a variety of titles, including App Store Marketing and Mobile App Search Engine Optimization. An app store optimization strategy is primarily concerned with increasing the visibility of your apps within an app store search engine, such as Google Play or the Apple App Store. By raising impressions, you may achieve additional objectives such as driving more visitors to your web app and encouraging downloads. Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page.
The iPhone/iPad, Android, and Windows Phone are the three most popular mobile phones for which apps are developed.
- There are other names for App Store Optimization (ASO), including App Store Marketing and Mobile Application SEO. Increasing the visibility of your apps within an app store search engine, such as Google Play or the Apple App Store, is at the heart of ASO. By raising impressions, you may achieve additional objectives such as driving more visitors to your online app and increasing downloads from your website. Advertisement Continuation of the Reading The primary focus of ASO is on expert resource applications that aid in the improvement of the ranking of mobile applications (apps) that are distributed directly through app store distribution channels (like iTunes, Google Play, and Windows Store). The iPhone/iPad, Android, and Windows Phone are the three most popular mobile devices for which apps are developed. App downloads are almost often the end aim of ASO campaigns, although auxiliary objectives might include things like these:
Are you pondering how to explain an investment in ASO to your management team? You should be aware that the number of app store users and the number of app downloads are rapidly increasing! According to Statista.com, the number of mobile app downloads globally has been steadily increasing since 2016, with the following figures:
- 140.6 billion in 2016, 192.4 billion in 2018, 204 billion in 2019, and 218 billion in 2020
- 140.6 billion in 2016.
Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page.
Understanding App Store Optimization
If you are new to search engine optimization, you may find that it is a more familiar approach to your company’s online marketing than you previously anticipated. Although there are some similarities in approach between traditional search engine optimization (SEO) and ASO, there are also some significant differences – which we’ll go into more depth about in the next section. When you stop to think about it, this makes complete sense. App stores are, in effect, a type of closed site search engine, and they rely on the following factors:
- Easy finding of content (app content)
- And, in addition, app ranking algorithms that are connected to:
- App quality as seen by the user
- Brand scale
- User-generated value signals (for example, reviews, ratings, and engagement)
Does this sound familiar? It ought to. All of these characteristics are also crucial organic search ranking signals, so take them all into consideration.
Marketing specialists that are concerned with enhancing the return on investment (ROI) from app stores are primarily concerned with key performance metrics that are associated with increasing app visibility:
- Ranking, impressions, shares, engagement (reviews/ratings), and downloads are all important metrics.
Similarly to search engine optimization, optimizing for your app’s exposure is a process that is always developing and evolving. When you create an app, your ultimate aim is to generate traffic. With a dedication to ASO and a commitment to tracking and measuring performance and outcomes on a constant basis, you can stand out in the App Store and Play Store, where your potential audience is virtually endless. Just in case you’re curious about which categories have the most traction in app stores, the top five most popular Apple App Store categories in March 2021 were as follows:
- Games (21.53 percent), Business (10.11 percent), Education (8.67 percent), Lifestyle (8.62 percent), and Utilities (6.24 percent) are the top five most popular categories.
Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page. Those who do not fall into one of the top five categories fall into a narrow band between 2 percent and 4 percent. These categories include things like travel, food/drink, health/fitness, and others. The lone exception to this closely related trend is the entertainment industry, which has a popularity rating of 5.72 percent.
Organic Optimization: Your ASO Foundation
Organic search optimization, as well as the integration of app stores into a larger organic marketing mix, are critical components of many ASO marketing delivery methodologies. There is a greater degree of overlap between ASO and SEO than there is direct rivalry between the two. It is possible to achieve significant search marketing advantages with the convergence of these areas and the application of a continuous focus on ASO. A surprising number of classic search engine optimization strategies that are shown to work for search engine performance, such as Google and Bing, may also be used straight to ASO, as you may have discovered.
- Optimization of the app’s name, title, and URL
- Keyword research for search engine optimization
- The creation and management of app ratings and reviews
- Within mobile applications, deep connection is possible. Applications are being indexed and shown in Google’s SERPS (search engine results pages)
- Optimization of the click-through rate (CTR)
Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page. When it comes to merging SEO and ASO, the most common marketing error is to underestimate the importance of the website in delivering large quantities of referral traffic directly to your store page and app downloads area. When it comes to information searching and purchasing, your website should be viewed as the driving force behind the operation, guiding visitors down the funnel from your primary online entity (your website) to an engaged, ready-to-buy/download audience (your app store).
In-App Store Tactics
It is possible to target certain optimization areas inside app stores, like Google Play and other app marketing platforms, for upgrades, refinement, and continuing optimization. This is particularly true for mobile applications. Because app stores account for the great majority of all app downloads, it is impossible to overstate the importance of optimizing your app for the in-app store experience. Continue reading below for more information. The following are the essential optimization things you will need to concentrate on and enhance, regardless of the app store features and accessible fields that are available: Name, URL, and subtitle of the application Make certain that they represent the primary keywords that describe your app, as well as reinforcing value, difference, and other perceived value signals, among other things.
- It is also important to remember that there are character limits in place for places such as the app title (name), and you should use caution when applying low-quality or spam strategies.
- If you are unsure, consult an expert or ask yourself why you are included this particular mix of phrases in your document.
- Were they created in accordance with their search habits?
- Traditional keyword research will be necessary for this to be optimized.
- Continue reading below for more information.
- Users place a high level of confidence in these areas, and app stores utilize them as a rating indication.
- For you to be successful, you’ll need a system in place for creating frequent reviews, as well as for responding to and engaging with those evaluations.
- Downloads of mobile applications In the same way that more downloads increase perceived buzz, demand, and user value, the more downloads your app obtains increases the perceived buzz, demand, and user value connected with your app.
- It is just as crucial to connect your marketing channels outside of the app store in order to bring users to the app as it is to enhance the performance of the app within the store.
When it comes to marketing channels, the better you can mix them and track their interactions, the bigger your potential to influence them will be. Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page.
App Updates: Downloads Deserve Freshness
The most successful applications in app stores are those that are constantly developing (reflecting user feedback, technology changes, feature additions, and improvements). Additionally, they are those applications that are always developing, evolving, and reflecting the input and requirements of the target audience. Apps that are updated on a regular basis tend to receive more favorable and frequent user feedback than others. They also give iterative methods for updating, engaging with, and providing support to your company’s community of users.
The frequency with which an app is updated is taken into consideration by both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store as part of their ranking algorithms.
Moreover, it is a valuable tool for ensuring that your app continues to be fit for purpose, supportive of favorable evaluations, and capable of creating open feedback loops with your audience.
5 Extra App Store Optimization Tips
Here are a few additional strategies that you may use to increase your app store visibility. Ensure that you spend time studying and selecting the ideal keywords to utilize in your app’s name, title, description, and other connected fields. You should also examine these keywords at regular intervals to look for optimization possibilities. 2.The way you present your app store product page will have a significant influence on the conversion rate value (the number of downloads) you receive from the page.
- Third, the thumbnail pictures and screenshots you use to advertise your app in app stores have a direct influence on the click-through rates (CTR) of impressions when compared to clicks to additional app pages.
- 4.A/B test each of your app store fields to ensure that the main metrics linked with the field are consistently improved (CTR, CRO, etc.).
- Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page.
- Users may search for apps that they have already loaded on their mobile phones by navigating to this app store on their devices.
App store optimization (ASO) continues to outpace growth patterns in the app store market place. Apps have been increasingly important in the marketing mix over the past several years, and their importance and worth have been established as a vital marketing tool. The primary difficulty today is to figure out how to get apps noticed by consumers in the major app stores in an organic manner.
Hopefully, you now have actionable measures you can do right away to update, enhance, and better position your apps in order to create more results in the near future. For further information, please see the following:
- Mobile Optimization: 12 Best Practices for the Mobile-First Era
- Mobile Optimization: 12 Best Practices for the Mobile-First Era
- Users spend an average of three hours every day in mobile applications, which is increasing. The Essentials of Web Vitals: A Complete Guide
Image CreditsIn-Post Image3: Vertical Leap / Vertical-leap.uk / Vertical-leap.uk / Vertical-leap.uk Advertisement Continue reading farther down this page.
Everything You Need to Know About App Store Optimization
You’re confident that your app is fantastic and that others will like using it. The problem is, how can you really get folks to download and check it out on their own time? Because there are over two million apps available in the Apple App Store alone, gaining enough downloads to put yours on the main page of the app store is quite challenging. Fortunately, it isn’t impossible to do so. With the correct app store optimization (ASO), you may increase your app’s visibility – in other words, how often it appears in the search bar when users type in relevant terms – and hence its downloads.
Here’s all you need to know about optimizing your app for the app store.
Know Your Audience
There are some parallels between the listing page for any app store and a typical landing page. While searching for a keyword or app name, it’s the first thing people see when they click on the link. As a result, you must understand your target demographic and write in a manner that is appealing to them on your app store website. Here are four things to think about:
- When people use your app, what are the most common problems they run into? What are some of the descriptions that people use when looking for your app on Google
- What are some possible remedies to the issues with your app
- What features of your software do consumers find the most useful?
Despite the fact that many developers believe they have the right solutions, many do not. While you’re concentrating on app store optimization, it’s crucial to keep the perspective of your target audience in mind. As the app’s creator, you may be unaware that a feature you think is fantastic is actually something that many users would prefer to be omitted. Finding the correct answers to these questions doesn’t have to be a game of chance as it used to be. It’s as simple as reaching out to folks who have already downloaded it for assistance.
Once you have a better understanding of your user base, you may make advantage of the language that they use when surfing.
Create a Catchy Title
A person’s attention is drawn to the app’s name once they have visited the app store’s listing page. Choose a title that distinguishes your app while still indicating what it is intended to accomplish. Choose a title that is plain, easy to spell, and easy to remember. As of 2017, Google supports titles with up to 50 characters, however Apple only allows titles with 30 characters or less. Utilize this limited character count by following this formula:Brand name + 2-3 relevant keywordsNot only will these help users understand what your app is for, but they will also increase your visibility because app stores reward titles that include keywords with higher rankings.Here are some examples of well-optimized app names:
- Brand name – Keyword(s)
- Brand name – Keyword(s)
- Keyword(s) – Brand name
Last but not least, keep in mind that you are permitted to enter multiple titles for other languages in which your app listing has been translated.
Making a localized app is beneficial for developers since it allows them to discover where the greatest interest is coming from. Here are a few examples of applications with catchy names that are well-written: Source
Developers now have the option of adding a 30-character subtitle for their goods as a result of the release of iOS 11. The subtitle’s objective is to provide a succinct explanation of the app’s most important features and highlights. Subtitles have an impact on keyword results and are a wonderful method to incorporate more keywords into your content. The Top Charts of the Apple App Store also include subtitles, which have an impact on the click-through rate. Regular surfers may simply be converted into visitors to your product page by utilizing this technique.
Consider experimenting with different permutations of your app’s title, subtitle, and other copy in conjunction with new releases, upgrades, and features.
For the final point, you can only alter the title and subtitle of the app by submitting a new version of the app to the store.
Logo: The Face of the App!
Following the creation of an interesting title, the following phase in the app store optimization process is the development of visually appealing designs that will attract customers. The app logo draws consumers’ attention to your product and is one of the most important factors in determining whether or not they will click on search results. As a result, building a visually appealing app will go a long way toward getting your app discovered. This should be reflected in the logo, which should be a visual representation of the app’s goal.
Because a little goes a long way, it’s preferable to employ designs that are simple and devoid of unnecessary details or phrases.
Color theory should be studied as well in order to design a logo that is professional and unified in appearance.
An effective method of determining how responsive your target audience is to the app while also decreasing the number of icon alternatives is to do A/B testing. The idea is to create a variety of logos and then analyze which ones garnered the most interest. Colors, characters, and other components can be experimented with by developers in order to better understand consumer preferences. After acquiring all of the essential information, you may make the necessary adjustments to the design. Here is a quick list of things to consider when utilizing A/B testing for app store optimization:
- Analysis and brainstorming
- Designing alterations
- Evaluating results
- Implementing changes
- Initiating follow-up testing
Not only is A/B testing useful for logo design, but it is also beneficial for every area of ASO.
The influence of an optimization service on your app’s rating may make a significant difference in your app’s ranking.
The proper keywords are the building blocks of a successful app store optimization campaign. Concentrate on phrases with the greatest relevance and traffic, as well as the least difficulty and competitiveness. Because different keyword research strategies differ from app to app, it’s advisable to start with mid- and long-tail terms when developing a new app. As your app acquires popularity and competition, you can always add new terms to your list. Make sure that your app is available in all countries and is optimized for all languages in order to achieve the greatest amount of visibility.
Keyword stuffing may have a detrimental impact on your search engine rankings.
- The title
- The subtitle (if applicable)
- The description
- The URL
- The developer’s name
- And the IAP.
Alternatively, you may look at the recommendations in the search box in the app store or utilize keyword research tools if you are unclear how to locate the proper phrases. Also, think about the value your product provides to people or the solutions it provides, and choose keywords that reflect that. Finally, while optimizing your app for the Apple Store, remember that search engines are unaffected by the description, regardless of whether or not keywords are included. Apple has supplied developers with a 100-character space in which they may enter the keywords they wish to rank for.
- Avoid using multiple word forms while employing solitary word forms
- Instead of using spaces, commas should be used to separate words. Keep from repeating terms that are already included in the app’s title.
Although screenshots may not have a direct impact on how frequently an app shows in searches, they do have a significant impact on click-through rates and conversion rates. They do display in search results and are the second-most crucial visual for getting people to download an app, after the app logo, in terms of motivating users to download. Immediately following the video preview, screenshots are shown, which highlight the app’s key features as well as other pertinent information. The Apple Store allows developers to upload a maximum of ten screenshots at a time.
The size of the screenshots will vary depending on the device you are using, however they can be adjusted to fit the size of the screen.
- Colors are 72 dpi RGB, flattened, and there is no transparency. Image file format at high resolution (JPEG or PNG)
Additionally, if you plan on making your app available in other countries, you must have localized screenshots. Here’s an example of a screenshot that has been properly localized: Source Here’s how to generate visually appealing screenshots that are both intriguing and informative:
- Make use of the first two screenshots to highlight the most interesting aspects of your software
- When feasible, make use of the portrait orientation. It allows users to view two screenshots while searching, rather than just one, and Make advantage of every available slot to create an enticing tale. Consistency may be achieved by providing screenshots that are representative of your app’s look
- Use captions to provide a brief explanation of each photograph. Make use of compelling copy to get users to download and install
- Highlight special offers and promotions that will entice customers to utilize your service. Don’t be shy to brag about your accomplishments. A/B testing should be used.
Avoid including screenshots of sign-up and login screens, purchase forms, and welcome pages in your content or on your website.
These visuals will not provide consumers with much information about the app itself, and they will distract from users’ attention when they view them.
The description is a 4,000-character field that has no effect on keyword rankings, although it does have an impact on SEO (search engine optimization). The description, like the app title, cannot be changed without first submitting a new version of the app. The opening sentence (usually the first three lines) of any app description is critical since it is the first thing that customers read before clicking “learn more.” Here’s how developers may build a compelling description that will convert visitors to customers:
- Demonstrate the app’s most important features while drawing attention to its uniqueness and originality. Make use of well-written text that is concise and to the point while yet providing value to readers
- As a developer, you have a distinct brand voice that you want to communicate with your customers. Allow your intended audience to hear it
- Specify the prizes to be given
- Don’t overdo keywords in your writing. Pricing should not be included because it varies from nation to country. Make the description more specific
A compelling call to action, app news (including essential updates), limited discounts, and time-sensitive terms should all be included in your marketing materials. The use of bullet points helps to structure the description and make it easier to read. Keep an eye out for any unique regulations that may apply to this area in the Google or Apple app stores, as well. Source
Localization is one of the final phases in the app store optimization process. Localization, also known as international application service organization (ASO), is essential for selling your program in a worldwide marketplace. When it comes to localization, it involves more than just a simple translation of the app’s copy. Proper localization adapts the whole software to the culture of the nation it is being used in, including maps, currencies, signage, and other elements. That does not imply, however, that developers must create a totally separate app for users in countries where English is not the primary language.
- Not only is localization necessary for reaching a larger market and earning more income, but it is also necessary for other reasons.
- Furthermore, users tend to see apps that are available in their native language as more trustworthy.
- They all combine to provide you a competitive advantage over your competitors.
- Keyword research tools and Google translate are also useful, albeit the latter should not be relied on completely for translation.
With appropriate app store optimization, you can be assured that your product will not only appear in more searches, but that more clicks will be converted into downloads. Good app store optimization (ASO) entails customizing both the copy and the graphics of the app to match the needs of your target audience. Begin by studying the most relevant keywords and including them in the appropriate spots without going overboard. Create a title that is easy to remember and that is exclusive to your app, as well as a logo that is representative of your product.
Finally, if you want to reach a larger audience and get a competitive advantage over other developers and applications, be sure you appropriately localize your app. And, of course, be sure to adhere to any guidelines or criteria set forth by the app store.
Everything You Need To Know About ASO in 2021
App Store Optimization (ASO) is more than just a mobile app ranking technique in the year 2121; it is a comprehensive marketing approach. The information in this blog covers all you need to know about ASO in 2020, or to put it another way, how ASO will appear after 2020. The goal of authoring this blog is to provide factual, strategic, and easy-to-understand information to people who are just getting started with ASO. Let’s take a look at app store optimization from the inside out!
What is ASO?
App Store Optimization, often known as ASO in the industry, is the practice of enhancing an app’s exposure inside app stores while simultaneously raising its conversion rates. A firm that specializes in application store optimization has two primary goals: increasing exposure of the app and increasing income from the app store optimization. Apple’s Software Store and Google’s Play Store are the two most popular app shops for iOS devices and Android devices, respectively. In order to maximize the total performance of mobile applications, it is necessary to implement a brilliant (or successful) app store optimization approach.
What is the difference between ASO and SEO?
Although both sound identical at first glance, there is a significant difference between them. In many cases, app store optimization (ASO) is referred regarded as search engine optimization (SEO), and the two processes have a number of parallels, including keyword optimization, backlinking, and conversion optimization. The ranking elements that differentiate ASO (App Store Optimization) from SEO (Search Engine Optimization) are the most significant distinctions. Furthermore, ASO is used for mobile applications, whereas SEO is used for websites.
The following comparison table (in the form of a graphic) between ASO and SEO provides you with a great deal of straightforward learning:
Why App Store Optimization is Important for App Growth?
As you can see, no matter how many applications are listed in the iOS Store or the Android Store, they all go through the app store optimization procedure at some point. Some ASO implementations are successful; on the other hand, some apps fail to meet the aims and objectives of the ASO. The explanation for such an occurrence is straightforward: inadequate ASO implementation! In addition, there are domains of comparable apps that have been offered in the App Store vault, indicating a high level of rivalry.
Take a look at this.Now you get it!
How do users find and download mobile apps?
If you believe that the App Store is the only place where you can locate and download mobile applications, you are mistaken. Many times the App Store appears to be the most significant choice among a set of businesses when seen in isolation, but consumers have other alternatives as well.
However, those numerous options are only incidental.! When it comes to how people search and download apps from App Store platforms, the process is rather straightforward.
- Users access the App Store vault in the OS’s favor
- Search for the app by typing or using voice search (using a keyword) to find it. When you click on search, a list of results appears on the screen. Users must browse through the applications in order to select the appropriate (search-matching) application. Generally speaking, the desired application is at the top of the list the vast majority of the time
- The user then picks the program and clicks on the install button to begin the downloading process
- This is followed by a confirmation message.
What are the benefits of App Store Optimization?
At first look, ASO appears to provide app store owners with a plethora of business-oriented benefits. The following are some of the ways that App Store Optimization might assist you:
- Increase your exposure and make your app stand out in the app stores. Frequently discovered by users who are of high quality and relevance
- Increase organic app downloads in a long-term sustainable manner
- Reduce your user acquisition costs while seeing remarkable growth. Improve the revenue and conversion rates of your app. With your app, you may reach a worldwide audience.
How is App Store Optimization done?
Let’s get this centered-talk started! Now that you understand what app store optimization is and how critical it is for app growth, let’s talk about how to do it. You get started enhancing your mobile growth using App Store Optimization, be sure to carefully follow the procedures outlined below:
1. Establish a clear app store optimization strategy
The process of app store optimization begins with the development of a clear and definitive ASO plan that will result in success. In fact, a well-executed plan removes any additional ASO mistakes in a gradual and methodical manner. Unusual fact! It is recommended by the majority of App store optimization businesses that you include keywords in the name of your app, which is an indication of a successful App store optimization approach.
2. Pick the right name for your app
Giving your app a name may seem like a complicated task, but it isn’t that difficult either. Choosing the appropriate name not only conveys the goal of your application, but it also contributes to the ranking elements. Furthermore, the keywords contained inside the app’s name are given the highest ranking weight. Here’s a checklist to help you choose a name and a title for your app:
- Unique and relevant to your app
- Easy to read
- Relevant to your app
- The Google Play Store requires 50 characters, whereas the Apple App Store requires 30 characters.
3. Know how to do keyword research for your mobile app
Unique and relevant to your app; simple to read; relevant to your app; Google Play requires 50 characters, whereas Apple App Store requires 30 characters.
- What are the most important aspects of your application or game? What are the synonyms for the characteristics described above
- What are the names of comparable applications
- What is the category of your application
- What are the terminology that people often use in this category and why?
If you need assistance in this area, you may use App Store Optimization Tools to help you identify your initial set of keywords.
4. Write your app description
In the same way that your app title is important for ASO ranking, a good app description for your application is also required and significant for the same. Do you have any idea? The description of the app is one of the primary places in which Google looks for keywords to rank your app for in its search results. Here’s a checklist to help you write your app description:
- The text should be informative, simple to comprehend, well organized (bullet points, emojis), incorporate keywords (particularly for Google Play), and be up to 4000 characters long.
5. Get the right App Icon by A/B testing
Although the app icon may not appear to be significant to you, from the perspective of end-users, it serves as a distinguishing feature and aids in the differentiation of the app. Because of the large number of applications that have been enumerated, it is critical to select the appropriate app icon for your program. The app icon is what attracts a lot of attention and is one of the primary reasons why people click on a search result link. A/B testing is a clear way for achieving the correct app icon; it assists in selecting the best app symbol from the variants and determining which one received the most hits on the website.
6. Prepare App ScreenshotsVideos
Program screenshots and video playback provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate the use of your application. Make use of them to draw attention to the most impressive features of your program.
To be really honest, almost half of those who choose a download do so based on a first introduction. As a result, you must pay particular attention to the way you organize your aesthetic elements. Here’s a checklist to help you prepare for your screenshotvideo:
- Showing the utility of your program through screenshots and video playback is a great way to demonstrate its value. Display the most impressive features of your program using them. To be honest, almost half of those who choose a download do so based on a brief introduction to the product. It is necessary to pay special attention to how visuals are planned as a result of this. For your screenshotvideo, here’s a checklist to follow:
7. App Listing and Localization
If you want to make your application or game available to people all over the world, you must make it appealing to the people in the target geo-market. Localization is the term used to describe this specific technique. With this functionality, you can increase the perceived usability of your application store search and expand the number of apps available. The fact that a client perceives an application in their native language as more trustworthy means that they are more likely to download it.
8. App RatingsReviews
The feedback you receive from your consumers is an important component of App Store Optimization. The higher your rating, the more essential your application is viewed by the retailers, and the higher your application’s position in the store results in increased sales. Furthermore, 80 percent of portable users read at least one survey prior to downloading a program, according to the results.
Apple App StoreGoogle Play Store Ranking Factors
Because ASO is heavily focused on the ranking idea, there are a plethora of diverse and potent ranking elements for both the Apple App Store and the Android App Store, which are detailed below. Factors that influence how well an app performs in the Apple App Store include:
- There are several elements to consider: the app name, the app URL, the app subtitle, the keyword field, the in-app purchase, the rating and reviews, the updates, the downloads, and the engagement.
Factors that influence the Google Play Store’s ranking include:
- App Title
- Short Description
- Long Description
- In-App Purchase
- Rating and Reviews
- Downloads and Engagement
- Some Unknown Factors
App Store Optimization Tips and Tricks
There are specific watchwords (keywords) that the application shops provide as a result of this, which means that you do not need to include them. You may think of them as free catchphrases. Many individuals are unaware that the categorization name of your application is one of them, as is the case with many others.
2. Target Mid-or Long Tail Keywords
Rather than using watchwords with exceptionally high search traffic, try using catchphrases that are lengthier than single words in your content (mid-or long tail keywords). This is mostly due to the fact that high search volume or popular catchphrases are more passionately ranked for towards the beginning of a search term’s lifecycle.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Working On ASO in 2021
It is critical to apply each and every component of app store optimization in the proper manner. However, owing to a variety of factors, the majority of app developers make mistakes. Here are some of the most common ones, which you should attempt to avoid in order to see your app or game succeed in the app stores.
- Considering app store optimization to be the same as search engine optimization for applications
- Failing to research your app market specialty Not selecting the most appropriate fields for your keywords
- Not doing A/B testing to determine which option is the most effective
- Concentrating solely on Search and completely ignoring Browse
- Considering ASO to be a one-time task
- Not keeping an eye on the competitors
- Working without the use of an ASO tool
- Not customizing your app store listing for each country
- Following the advice of the best ASO experts
- Not keeping track of modifications and revisions to the algorithms used by the storage
Best App PerformanceApp Store Optimization Tools in 2021
In the year 2101, app store optimization is far more effective and far less complicated than you could have imagined. Make use of ASO tools that might assist you in your attempts to improve your rankings. Let’s take a look at some of the must-have items now available on the market.
- App Radar: App Radar is a search engine optimization (SEO) solution for Android and iOS applications. The one and only outstanding feature of this software is that it assists you during the entire app store optimization procedure.
- Appsflyer: This one differs from the others in that it is an SDK (Software Development Kit) that can be used to create apps for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone devices. Mostly focusing on mobile attribution and marketing analytics, with some experience in other areas.
- SplitMetrics: This tool is incredibly useful in the field of A/B testing and conversion optimization, and it is free to download and use. Its basic objective is to optimize screenshots, icons, and other data
- Nevertheless, it does not stop there.
Conclusion: Future of App Store Optimization
It would not be incorrect to state that ASO has a more promising and promising future for us and our business. Traditional businesses who have never or have not yet experienced ASO will profitably strive to innovate creatively and expand into the ever-growing mobile app area in order to remain competitive in the market. This will result in a growing relevance of ASO in order to prevail upon consumers who prefer to stay at home and make preparations for themselves.
Everything You Need to Know About App Store Optimization
We all know that when new mobile applications are released, we are all excited about them. However, let’s be honest: it can be difficult to market them because there aren’t enough unique app marketing strategies gathered together to be able to apply them as efficiently as you would like due to the availability of numerous popular similar apps. A high ranking on the search engine results page can have a significant impact on the number of downloads of your app. Apps that are similar in nature but do not appear in search results will receive little attention.
- Furthermore, there are numerous parallels between optimizing an app for the best search result and optimizing websites for the best search result, including the usage of titles, keywords, and descriptions throughout the process.
- You may also improve your content’s search engine ranking by optimizing it.
- The brilliant concept behind ASO is to precisely optimize your iPhone app so that it appears at the top of the search results.
- It is far more likely that a worldwide user would choose your app over another comparable program if your app is listed at the top of a list of other similar apps.
- DownloadsIt has been discovered that the number of times your app has been downloaded represents the familiarity with which your app is.
- App Reviews and Ratings are a useful feature.
- Users give substantially greater preference to applications with effective positive reviews and the highest ratings than they do to apps with lower ratings and fewer reviews.
Concerning the length of time required for installation It is undeniably a component that Google takes into consideration when determining how long a consumer will have your app loaded in their mobile device on the worldwide level.
Uninstalls Because of the savvy app creators who uninstall their applications immediately after downloading the latest version, your app will almost surely have a poor position in search results once that version becomes available.
We understand that getting your app noticed isn’t easy, and your app, no doubt, faces stiff competition.
In other words, how precisely do you get known by your worldwide audience?
Listed below are the most effective methods for increasing your app’s discoverability and connecting you with your ardent users.
ASO works in a similar way to SEO in that it optimizes your App Store listing for organic discoverability by optimizing its content.
You can follow a Checklist that contains all of the most critical aspects of ASO, such as: 2.
Make use of appropriate categorisation 5.
In this case, it is demonstrated that Google, Twitter, and Facebook are key competitors worth considering, with Facebook having some of the most comprehensive audience selection capabilities out there.
Mobile users that utilize devices with specific screen sizes or configurations 2.
Concerning one’s age 5.
The process of conducting a contest is simple, and it remains one of the most effective methods of getting the word out about your software.
If your app is free to download, it is preferable to refrain from offering premium memberships or in-app cash to encourage users to use it.
Partnering with industry bloggers to become recognized might help you tremendously in this regard.
For example, sports streaming applications may have a difficult time incorporating this because reaching out to each blog that talks sports would be a time-consuming endeavor. AppMarketingPlus may also provide you with further support in order to conduct effectiveApp Marketing.
The 7-Step Guide to App Store Optimization (ASO)
There are billions of smartphone users worldwide, and that number is continuously increasing year after year, creating a massive market for the development and purchase of mobile applications (apps). There are over four million applications that rank in the Apple App Store and Google Play Stores today, which means that if you want to create mobile downloads and engagement, you’ll need to be strategic about how you advertise your app. For more information, please see our 7-Step App Store Optimization (ASO) Guide to improve the exposure and ranking of your app.
What is App Store Optimization?
Improves to an app’s download page are known as App Store Optimization (ASO). These changes are meant to assist your app climb the visibility ladder and attract more users to download your app. In particular, ASO focuses on the world’s two most popular app store platforms: the Apple App Store (iOS) and the Google Play Store (Android) (Android). If you are developing an app or have an existing app in the marketplace, app store optimization (ASO) is critical for sticking out in a crowded app market.
7 App Store Optimization Tips
There are seven fundamental criteria that must be followed in order to ensure that your software is optimized for the app store. Adhering to these suggestions can assist you in marketing your app efficiently, identifying your top rivals, and taking your app to the next level.
1. Use Relevant Keywords
It is critical to conduct thorough keyword research for your target audience. The keywords that your potential clients are looking for, and preferably the keywords that your top rivals are searching for, will need to be identified. When you choose keywords that are relevant to your clients’ requirements, they will be more likely to locate your application in the app store.
- If you employ keywords that are irrelevant to your app, your rating will suffer as a result. Only one form of a term (singular or plural) should be used
- You should avoid using keywords that contain the term “app” or the names of your rivals’ brands.
For assistance with keyword research, we recommend starting with Google Keyword Planner and progressing to app store optimization tools such asMobile Action and Sensor Tower.
2. Optimize Your TitleDescription
Titles are the most significant piece of metadata you can utilize to increase the number of downloads. Try to keep your title around 25 characters so that the complete title is shown on the browse screen of the app. In order to maximize downloads, a title should be distinctive as well. Making use of your company’s name and top keyword will make it easier for people to find your app. Once you’ve decided on a title, try searching for your app on the App Store. There are hundreds of results when your title isn’t very imaginative.
It is recommended that the first 250 characters of the description include as many relevant keywords as possible (without crowding them). Anything that follows this first explanation necessitates the potential consumer clicking on the “learn more” link.
3. Include Compelling IconsScreenshots
Visuals that are visually appealing might provide you a competitive advantage in the app industry. Ensure that the app icon you choose is easily recognizable and will be memorable for your company. Make an effort to pick colors that are distinct from those of your top rivals in order to avoid potential clients being confused. Do not scrimp on your screenshots because the vast majority of people will examine them before deciding whether or not to download your game. We recommend utilizing as many screenshots as the marketplace will allow you to post in order to maximize your chances of success.
The text should not be the major emphasis of the presentation.
“It’s important to constantly test your creativity; take screenshots and sample videos.” According to Emery, “this will have a significant influence on your ASO performance.”
4. Add Video
Including a video on the landing page of your app may increase downloads by as much as 35%. Optimization of your title (15 percent) and aesthetics alone will not achieve this huge boost (30 percent ). Every rise in downloads corresponds to an improvement in your ranking in the search results. Because most consumers like to look for and download an app in a matter of minutes, submit a video that demonstrates the most valuable feature of your application.
5. Research Your Competition
Even while knowing who your rivals are and what their business strategies are is vital for every successful business, it is especially important in search engine optimization (SEO). Before submitting your app to the marketplace, you should choose which category would be the most appropriate for your app. When deciding on a category, consider the following considerations:
- Counting the number of competitors, as well as the number of apps that are regularly updated how popular the category is (based on the number of downloads)
Once your app has been published in the marketplace, you will need to keep track of the top-performing applications in your selected category on a regular basis. Investigate whether their ranking changes when they add a keyword or make adjustments to their meta information. Make every effort to rank new keywords before your competitors have an opportunity to do the same. Furthermore, you should keep track of rivals that have a similar objective, app features, or are just employing the same top keywords that you are.
App Tweak, a competitor analysis tool, recommends that you filter down your top competitors to no more than five so that you may effectively manage an ASO routine.
6. Build Backlinks
Your app should be actively linked to on websites that are related to your app and have authority according to Google’s current algorithm guidelines in order for you to build the finest backlinks possible. Backlinks can be in text form or in the shape of an image utilizing the ALT (ALTernative text) tag to redirect to another page.
However, while there is some debate over the efficiency of backlinks in terms of search engine optimization, it is clear that quality over number is the preferred technique of achieving backlink success.
7. Drive Traffic (and Downloads) to Your App Store Page
It is possible to bring traffic straight to your app store pages by hosting your app information on a website that has been optimized for search engines (SEO). Using this website to promote your app can also help you rank higher on Google, giving users who are conducting a basic online search for another alternative for discovering and installing your app a better chance of finding and downloading it. If you want to promote visitors to your app, you may also invest in paid app advertising, such as Apple Search Ads (ASA) or Google Universal App Campaigns (UAC).
App Store Optimization Strategy
Getting a handle on ASO is not something that can be accomplished immediately. The progress you can make on your app store optimization checklist, on the other hand, will surprise you if you put in just a few minutes each day to work on it. As soon as you are satisfied with the amount of traction your app is receiving, you can begin pushing your app through paid advertising in order to maximize the benefits of ASO and boost your app’s market share even more. When it comes to app marketing, using a holistic approach where creatives and keywords are created to work together rather than against one another is critical to having a successful campaign.” ASO is a strategy that must be implemented from the beginning and regarded a continuous improvement endeavor.
Interested in learning more?
An In-Depth Guide to App Store Optimization (ASO)
In the event that your company has an app, you must make certain that you are utilizing suitable app store optimization (ASO) techniques. Hundreds of thousands of programs are available in the Apple App Store and the Google Play store. To make your app stand out, you must first grasp how app store optimization works and how it can be used to your advantage. Although ASO and SEO are quite similar, there are some significant distinctions that you should be aware of if you want to improve the performance of your app.
We’ll be looking at the following topics in particular: When it comes to app store optimization, it is the process of enhancing an app’s exposure on the main app shops.
To be effective with ASO, you must be aware of the many aspects that influence it.
Throughout this book, we’ll go through each of these in further detail. Firstly, let’s take a look at three reasons why you should be paying attention to ASO and how you can optimize your app for them.
- 1. Increase the visibility of your app
- 2. Increase the number of organic installs of your app
- 3. Increase the revenue and conversions of your app.
Consider the following: if your app isn’t ranking well in the app stores, how will consumers find it? The solution is that you must rely on your other marketing channels to increase traffic and raise awareness, such as your website, social media channels, email list, and paid advertising. To be exact, according to App Radar, a staggering 70% of mobile users use search to locate new applications, with 65 percent of all downloads occurring immediately after a search, making app store search the most popular method of discovering new apps.
- The same way that ranking on Google does not happen by accident.
- When you rank high in app stores, it doesn’t always follow that you’ll see an inflow of installs; nevertheless, when paired with a successful ASO approach, you should expect to see enhanced KPIs.
- The vast majority of applications are designed to generate cash or to increase conversions in some way, shape, or form.
- When using applications, most users despise interruptions, thus it makes sense to maximize your income by introducing in-app advertisements that do not interrupt the customers’ experience.
- There are also interactive advertisements; these advertisements can take the form of mini-games that can be enjoyed by consumers.
- The steps of optimizing your app will be explained in detail.
- There are multiple ranking variables for each platform, each with its own set of criteria.
Each functions in the same way and has the same objective (from the standpoint of the end-user): to allow users to search for and install apps on either their iOS or Android smartphone.
Both app shops have implemented a review mechanism to guarantee that they maintain a high degree of consistency in their product offerings.
One significant distinction is that you’ll need to leave at least a three-day delay when developing iOS applications.
The Google Play Store indexes all of the material available (title, description, etc.).
Remember that neither platform has revealed the specifics of its system, which is crucial to keep in mind.
In order to establish what is significant for each platform, however, several conclusions may be drawn: Based on the criteria that you have control over, the following are the most important ranking factors for iOS apps in the Apple App Store:
- Name of the application
- Subtitle for the application
- URL of the application
- The total number of installations
- Evaluations and ratings
- Updates to the app
- Purchases made within the app
Based on the criteria that you have control over, the following are the most important ranking factors for Android applications in the Google Play Store:
- App name
- App short description
- App full description
- App screenshots
- The amount of installs
- Customer reviews and ratings
- In-app purchases
- And updates
If you want to increase the amount of people who download your app, you must understand how to optimize it appropriately. To help you improve your app’s placement in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, we’ve put together this step-by-step tutorial that pays particular attention to the subtle variations between the two platforms: Not only is the title of your app the first thing that a user will see when searching for it, but it is also utilized as a ranking factor by both the Apple and Google app stores.
- Keywords must be used with caution in this situation.
- We can see in the sample below that ‘Map My Run by Under Armour’ is being used.
- Remember to keep track of the number of characters in your title descriptions.
- The Google Play Store allows for 50 characters per line.
- The App Store, on the other hand, does not.
- On the Google Play Store, your description is one of the most important pieces of material that the algorithm indexes and analyzes in order to determine where your app should be ranked.
- The objective of your app’s description, if you stop to think about it, is to assist users in understanding what your app is, what its major features are, and any other information that you need to express.
The primary features and reasons why someone should download your software can be communicated effectively in that amount of space.
Google Play Store does not have this functionality, however the Apple App Store allows you to enter up to 100 characters of keywords in the keyword section of your app’s description.
Across both platforms, you must make certain that your keywords are properly chosen and that your content is focused on the most frequently used search terms by users.
Keyword research is important.
This implies that the keyword research tools you employ, such as the SEMrushKeyword Magic Tool, can assist you in determining the manner in which people search.
Also advised is that you spend some time analyzing your competitors’ app names and descriptions to find the keywords that they’re targeting in order to acquire a decent starting point for your own study on the subject.
After all, having high rankings but a low click-through rate is one of the most aggravating things a marketer can experience.
Those that appear on iOS are displayed both in the app’s search results as well as within the listing itself.
Using this method, you may visibly demonstrate your app even before a consumer clicks on it.
Here’s an excellent illustration: You may also select to add video instead of static images in your presentation. This might help your app stand out from the crowd when compared to the competitors. You must, however, be aware of your own limitations:
- Apple App Store: You are allowed to display a total of ten screenshots. You should make use of all ten available slots, making certain that the images are created in the appropriate sizes for different devices. This link will take you to the dimensions. Google Play Store: You have the option of selecting up to eight screenshots. This link will take you to the dimensions.
Reviews and ratings provide an idea of how well your app is received and how good it is. It’s as easy as that: if you have fewer ratings, your app will not appear at the top of the app store results page. Encouragement of users to post reviews and ratings is a critical component of app store optimization, especially when both shops consider higher-rated programs to be more relevant than others. However, how can you encourage people to post reviews or rate your application? Here are a few suggestions:
- Allow users to submit reviews from within the app itself by asking them to do so. A suitable moment to do this is immediately following a stage in which a user has done a positive activity. After a user has completed a level, an application, or a purchase, you may ask for their opinion on the experience. Make note of how frequently you ask for reviews, as the App Store has a restriction of three times per year per user on how many times you may ask for feedback. You might want to think about soliciting reviews from your current audience through different sources. Are you use social media to raise awareness of your app? Or how about email marketing? Inquire of your users (who are generally your most devoted admirers) on such channels about the possibility of writing a review of their experience
- Make use of gamification to encourage and reward positive ratings. If your app lends itself to this, you can offer incentives to encourage users to leave more reviews. You may find out more about gamification strategies by visiting this page.
This one is a bit of a catch-22 because it has both advantages and disadvantages. The more the number of downloads your program receives, the greater the amount of exposure it will receive. In the end, it all boils down to the algorithm’s preference for popular applications. You must stress the necessity of boosting your visibility to your audience. However, you must also strive to improve the pace at which your software is downloaded. After all, a prominently shown software that isn’t generating downloads won’t be prominently displayed for long.
According to the results of an AppTweak research on app conversion rates: It is estimated that the average Install Rate in the Apple App Store in the United States is 3.42 percent.
Board games, on the other hand, earn just 0.7 percent of all installs after being discovered in the search results page.
Following the optimization of your app, the implementation of a review and rating system, and the resulting rise in installs, it’s critical to examine your findings and make adjustments as needed.
Don’t be hesitant to switch out keywords and experiment with alternative titles, subtitles, and descriptions to see what works best.
Make sure to maintain your keywords up to date and to edit them when appropriate, as well as to update your design pictures or videos if you make modifications to your application over time.
It is possible that having an app will prove to be a significant asset to your company, but it must be visible and receive installations in order to generate value.
Those that have a thorough understanding of SEO should have no trouble transferring their expertise to ASO, so long as they understand the ranking elements and follow the procedures put forth by the platforms. Wishing you the best of luck!