The 5 Kinds of Posts That Every Blog Needs (And How to Create Them)
- Well-researched and resourceful long-form blog posts.
- Data-driven original stories.
- Your personal stellar success stories.
- Infographics and video content.
- Your personal opinions against traditional wisdom (with rationale)
What are the 5 types of blog?
5 COMMON TYPES OF BLOGS
- Personal Blog. As the name implies, a personal blog is about the person who runs the blog.
- Business Blog. One of the best ways to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise is with a business blog.
- Affiliate Blogs.
- Niche Blog.
- 5. News Blog.
What are the types of blog posts?
9 Different Blog Post Types and How to Use Them
- Lists. You see these types of blogs articles all over the internet:
- How-To Guides.
- Checklists/Cheat Sheets.
- Guest Blogging.
- Newsworthy Articles.
- Personal Stories.
What should every blog post include?
The following are eight critical elements that should be included in your blog posts:
- Magnetic headline.
- Compelling lead.
- Useful subheads.
- Informative and engaging body.
- Appealing graphics.
- Powerful call-to-action.
- Relevant internal link.
- Good meta description.
How do you write a top 5 blog post?
Here’s how I typically blog:
- Choose a topic and write a headline.
- Write the lead paragraph.
- List a few main points in the body.
- Write your call-to-action.
- Edit and revise. (At this point, I usually revise the headline.)
- Publish (checking the headline one last time to make sure it still works).
How do we create a blog post?
Write a new post
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Click New Post.
- Create the post. To check how your post will look when it’s published, click Preview.
- Save or publish your post: To save and not publish: Click Save. To publish: Click Publish.
How can I create a blog?
How to Start a Successful Blog in 5 Steps
- Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
- Start your blog by adding WordPress.
- Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
- Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
- Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.
What are the best blog posts?
The Best Blog Posts That Will Change The Way You See Things
- The Confidence Conundrum.
- The problem isn’t that life is unfair, it’s your broken idea of fairness.
- How to Master Your Time.
- How to Save $100K by 25, Sell Everything, Quit Your Job and Travel The World.
- Life is a Game.
- Why Procrastinators Procrastinate.
What are blog posts for?
So, the main purpose of a blog is to connect you to the relevant audience. Another one is to boost your traffic and send quality leads to your website. The more frequent and better your blog posts are, the higher the chances for your website to get discovered and visited by your target audience.
What is a list post blog?
A list post is an article in a list format. It lists a number of reasons, tips, methods, shortcuts, secrets, types, ways, trends. According to BuzzSumo’s research, the most popular list-posts had the following number of items: 10, 23, 16, and 24 (in this exact order).
What are the 4 main parts of a blog?
The Fundamental Parts of a Blog
- Blog Header. Your blog’s header is the first thing most visitors will notice, so it’s important to make a good first impression.
- Blog Pages.
- Blog Posts.
- Blog Comments.
- Blog Sidebar.
- Blog Categories.
- Blog Archives.
- Blog Footer.
What is a blog format?
Blog formatting is the practice of making the best ideas the most obvious. This can be done by creating sections with distinct headers, modifying text elements, splicing in pictures and media, all in an effort to draw the reader’s attention towards what’s most important.
Revealed: Which are the Most Popular Types of Blogs?
Among the most often asked questions when establishing a blog is “What are the most popular types of blogs?” When beginning a blog, one of the most frequently asked questions is “What are the most popular types of blogs?” It is possible to create a variety of various sorts of blogs that cover a wide range of themes, hobbies, and audiences. In order to have a great blog, you must plan ahead of time and select a niche that is appropriate for you. Here is a list of the most popular sorts of blogs that you may start right away, according to the most recent statistics.
What Should You Blog About?
You must first understand your passion before you can decide on the topic of your blog. Every niche has its own audience of people who are looking for material that is relevant to their interests. Writing about your interest can assist you in coming up with amazing content ideas on a consistent basis as your blog grows. You must not just plan for content, but also for distribution. You’ll also need to select a WordPress theme, optimize your site for search engine optimization, and increase the overall efficiency of your site.
Examine some of the most popular sorts of blogs that are now available:
1. Fashion Blogs
Fashion blogs are one of the most popular forms of blogs on the internet, and there are thousands of them. A large industry with a large worldwide audience is involved. Style influencers are frequently invited to important events, and they often earn special privileges, goods, and even business opportunities from leading fashion businesses. These sorts of blogs are ideal for persons who are creative and have a fine sense of style and fashion. By following our advice, you will be able to create a fashion blog and begin earning money online.
2. Food Blogs
Food blogs are another sort of blog that is becoming increasingly popular. It draws a large number of readers who are interested in recipes, ingredients, healthy eating, fine dining, and other food-related topics, among other subjects. Many food bloggers begin with something as basic as their local restaurant reviews, which is a good place to start. However, as their blog increases in popularity, so do their interests and the audience for which they are writing. They begin to explore a variety of other food-related subjects as well.
3. Travel Blogs
Every day, more and more people are reading travel blogs. People are traveling more than ever before as a result of low-cost air travel, and they are always on the lookout for travel ideas, information, and trip guides. Other tourists will benefit from reading these blogs since they will be able to learn more about a location they have never visited. It is highly recommended that you start your own travel blog if you are a traveler.
4. Music Blogs
Daily, the number of people who read travel blogs is growing. People are traveling more than ever before as a result of the low cost of air travel, and they are always seeking for travel ideas, information, and trip guides on the internet.
Others who are interested in traveling to a new place might learn about it by reading these blogs. You should consider starting a travel blog if you are a travel enthusiast.
5. Lifestyle Blogs
In terms of popularity, lifestyle blogs are the most common form of blogs that you can discover on the internet. They have a diverse audience of readers that are interested in a wide range of issues, including culture, the arts, local news, and politics. This provides the blogger with a broad choice of themes to cover, which makes it easier to plan their content strategy in the future. In addition to becoming an influencer, lifestyle bloggers have the opportunity to write for other publications, speak at events, and collaborate with businesses who are committed to making a difference in the community.
6. Fitness Blogs
Online, the most common sort of blogs to read are those that are about one’s personal life. Among its readers are those who are interested in a wide range of issues, including culture, the arts, news from their own community, and politics. It is easier for the blogger to organize their content strategy when they have a diverse selection of themes to discuss. In addition to becoming an influencer, lifestyle bloggers have the opportunity to write for other publications, speak at conferences, and partner with businesses who are committed to making a difference in the community.
7. DIY Blogs
Do-it-yourself blogs are quite intriguing and have a large following. There are several sub-types of this industry, including arts and crafts, construction, woodworking, metalworking, and more. Visitors would be encouraged to attempt new things and share their experiences with the trainer/blogger as a result of these intriguing DIY activities. DIY blogs may entail a large deal of contact, which is excellent for blogging purposes.
8. Sports Blogs
Sports blogs are another form of blog that is worth reading on the internet. Every country in the globe has a variety of sports, and each sport has its own set of celebrities. Bloggers that write paid material for teams, athletes, and other organizations are considered to be part of the sports blogging community. One of the other formats for sports blogging is to write about the most recent happenings taking place all around the world. Furthermore, bloggers update their Twitter accounts, which are immediately connected to their blogs, with the current state of numerous sports.
9. Finance Blogs
Many of us require assistance and guidance in order to handle our finances effectively. As a result, financial blogs attract a diverse audience that includes everyone from professional investors to families seeking to save for a brighter future. Personal finance blogs provide information and guidance for businesses, investors, entrepreneurs, people, and families in a variety of fields. For those who are interested in the intricate world of managing money and producing wealth, this is an excellent blog niche for them.
10. Political Blogs
Political blogs have possibly the most ardent following of any type of blog. They provide political news coverage as well as analysis of political news, and they have the ability to quickly build a very large and engaged audience.
It has been usual for major political affiliates to employ their own in-house blogging crews in recent years. These bloggers support the political party’s agenda and write about its ideas / plans in order to draw more people to the representatives on the ground.
11. Parenting Blogs
Those who read parenting blogs are a large, passionate, and highly involved group of people. New parents are always concerned about their children’s well-being and are eager to improve their parenting abilities. Mom blogs and dad blogs are written in a variety of styles. These blogs may provide information on activities for children, nutrition advice, approaches for early home education, and other topics.
12. Business Blogs
Business blogs are professional blogs that are dedicated to business entities, industries, and other organizations. They provide a more informal means of communicating with consumers and educating them about a company’s product or service, among other things. Theconversion rate optimizationblog of OptinMonster is an excellent example of a business blog to follow. It instructs users on how to turn website visitors into paying clients by utilizing the greatest conversion optimization technologies available on the market.
13. Personal Blogs
Personal blogs are written by individuals who wish to share their life experiences, travels, and day-to-day activities with a wider audience. Personal blogging may be used for a variety of purposes, including as making a difference by sharing positive stories or influencing readers with one’s own point of view. Among the many types of personal bloggers are photographers who post their photographs online to gain additional employment, vloggers who record videos of their daily lives, chefs and cooks who post recipes on their blogs, and many others.
14. Movie Blogs
Movie blogs are a great way to keep up with the latest news and reviews of new films as well as the film business in general. It is possible to reach a big number of people through the internet. The invitation to attend premium shows before the general release of movies is extended to bloggers in order for them to write reviews and stimulate interest in a future film.
15. Car Blogs
Car blogs are often about high-end automobiles and sports vehicles. In addition to the latest automotive models, their features, engineering, and other themes, they also cover a wide variety of topics. They can even form business partnerships with local automobile dealerships to expand their reach. These blogs provide all of the information you could ever want about current vehicles, historical cars, driving safety guidelines, and more. Many people are drawn to desirable automobiles and devote a significant amount of time to researching the characteristics of their preferred automobiles on the internet.
Other topics covered by some bloggers include automobile loan and lease suggestions and calculators, corporate and bank offers, and loan and lease schedules.
16. News Blogs
A wonderful option for journalism students to build up their resumes and improve their abilities is to start a news blog that covers local news stories. In addition, they might cover a broad variety of topics or focus on a specific news segment of interest. News blogs aren’t merely for the purpose of disseminating information. They also feature opinion articles, which allow the blogger to express his or her own point of view on the news. The news blogs are updated more regularly in order to keep up with the current developments.
Climate change, scientific breakthroughs, technology, politics, religion, and a variety of other topics are all covered in the news. Large media organizations employ a number of bloggers to work on each of the sub-types of news blogging described above.
17. Pet Blogs
Pet blogs have a large internet readership, which includes pet owners, animal enthusiasts, animal shelters, and those who are seeking for new pets to join their family. Pet bloggers provide advice on topics such as keeping pets healthy, grooming, feeding, and training. Animal foster homes also write about their efforts to protect and preserve animals, which they publish on their websites. Pet bloggers who want to make money can team up with businesses that offer pet items to create income.
18. Gaming Blogs
Gaming blogs serve to a wide community of gamers who are interested in reading articles on the newest games, gaming gear, events, game hacks, and other topics related to the gaming industry. The size of this community has increased dramatically in recent years. The majority of gaming blogs are run by players, critics, and the official communities of major game development companies. They feature worldwide competitions for gamers, as well as incentive programs for the victors. It’s a popular blog type that’s gaining in popularity every day.
- If you want to get started writing blog posts right now, check out this large collection of blog post ideas.
- In this post, we hope to have assisted you in identifying the most popular forms of blogs.
- We encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more WordPress video tutorials if you enjoyed this post.
- Please be aware that our material is sponsored by our readers.
- See how WPBeginner is supported, why it is important, and how you can help us by donating.
- Over 1.3 million readers around the world put their trust in us.
What Are 4 Common Types of Blogs?
Personal blogs, business blogs, niche blogs, and affiliate blogs are the four most popular forms of blogs to be found on the internet. Let’s take them one at a time and discuss them. Personal blogs are a good place to start. Personal blogs are considered to be the forefathers of the blogging business. When blogging first became popular in the late 1990s, it began as a personal blog. It picked up speed as more and more individuals started creating their own blogs and posting their own views, pieces of advice, opinions, and anecdotes.
- Personal blogs allow bloggers to express themselves in front of an audience by writing blog entries that reflect their personality.
- They are free to write about whatever they like.
- A personal blog can be about anything, in the literal meaning of the word.
- What is the best way to start a successful personal blog?
- Start by posting the blog on the internet and then creating blog entries for it.
- Check to see if any other blogs have the same types of postings and messages as yours.
- As a result, their readers will become aware of your blog, and your website’s traffic will improve.
Business blogs are blogs that are specifically targeted towards companies.
It is the goal of a business blog to create more leads for their company and to reach out to as many potential consumers as they can.
They promote certain firms while adhering to industry standards.
Take, for example, a blog for an e-commerce shop.
What is the best way to operate a successful company blog?
In order to accomplish this, you’ll need to publish informative blog entries about your company.
If a visitor decides to join up, you’ll be in possession of a prospective lead.
In addition to general blogs, you’ll discover a wide variety of niche-specific ones such as food and beverage websites; basketball websites; music websites; auto racing websites; content marketing websites; Java websites; movie websites; health and fitness websites; and many more!
Simply choose a topic about which you are enthusiastic and create a blog about it.
What is the best way to operate a profitable specialized blog?
More than 200 case studies of real-world niches may be found on this website.
Demographics, age groupings, gender, and personal likes and dislikes may all be used to identify target groups for marketing campaigns.
You will have a far higher success rate than you would have otherwise had with your company and personal blogs.
In affiliate marketing, you get compensated a tiny portion of the sale amount that is generated as a result of your efforts.
Once a transaction is completed, the blogger receives a modest commission on the sale.
81 percent of companies report that participating in various affiliate programs has helped them boost their marketing.
As a matter of fact, 84 percent of bloggers use affiliate marketing tactics to increase their audience size.
In order to be successful as an affiliate blogger, you must promote third-party items and services to your readership.
Reviews that are only half-hearted and do not convince will not produce any income.
We’ve answered the question, “What are the four most prevalent forms of blogs?” in the section above.
If you are like many of our clients and recognize that you “should” be blogging but are unsure of how or where to begin, please get in touch with us.
Follow @google rev on Twitter.
This multi-talented woman has almost 25 years of business expertise and works with business owners all around the world to help them expand their businesses through authority building and marketing. View the whole profile
Blog, Wiki or Forum – which should you use?
|Definition||An online journal (web log), diary or news column with posts in reverse-chronological order (latest first) and options for readers to comment||An easily-edited set of one or more linked web pages that readers can add to or modify. Facilitates collaborative content creation.||A noticeboard or message board where people can start new topics or discussions and respond to existing ones|
|Updating||Updated as regularly as the author desires.||Anyone can update in real time.||Asynchronous—users can post at any time.|
|Ownership, authors||A blog is owned by an individual. It can have a single author or multiple contributors.||Multiple authors: owned and edited by a group. A wiki is updated by many people, from a local group or remotely diverse locations.||Owned by administrator/s who may moderate content. Multiple authors contribute to their own or others discussion threads.|
|Timeline||The timeline of blog posts and comments is more important.||In a wiki, an article’s publication date matters less, because articles are updated as new information becomes available. It is always a work in progress.||Forum posts can be presented in chronological order of posting to the forum, or chronologically within a thread, which makes it easier to follow a conversation.|
|Content||Author posts, reader comments. A blog post is usually one person’s opinion, followed optionally by comments. Tends towards the sharing of news, knowledge or expertise.||Wiki articles represent consensus, but can have an associated discussion page.||User-generated content initiated and facilitated by the instructor; exchange of ideas and views.|
|Links||Can contain links to other blog posts or comments, or toweb pages.||Links are important, helping build connections, usually to other wikis or web pages.||Can link to other web-based materials but less likely than in blogs and wikis.|
|Development||Ongoing recording or reporting||Continually growing and developing, sometimes quite quickly.||Users shape the direction and speed of the discussion’s development, according to their interests.|
|Communication||One-to-many communication (posts), many-to-one responses (comments)||Many-to-many communication||Many-to-many communication|
|Structure||Reverse-chronological-ordered posts, each followed by threaded comments.||The most up-to-date content displays, but the page’s history can be viewed and reverted to.||Threaded discussion flowing chronologically from the original topic post.|
|Media||Usually text, but can contain images, video, sound files (e.g. podcast).||Usually text, but can contain images, video, sound files (e.g. podcast).||Text driven. Not usually possible to embed media. Some forums allow the use of avatars to make the conversations more personable.|
|Levels of access||Different levels of access can be set, but the initial post can only be edited by the blog owner.||Different levels of access can be set|
- Private—only chosen users have access to read and update the content
- Anyone may access and edit the content that is made public. Semi-public—anyone may view, but only members who have been approved can edit
|Normally limited to members of a designated group.|
|Attribution of contributors||Attribution of comments is important as they are usually voicing an opinion or reflection.||Editing can be anonymous as the product is the focus, not necessarily the contributor.||Attribution is a key feature, as posts often leads to direct conversations.|
|Uses||Publishing of work, associated reflection and seeking external opinions / comments; analytical writing and reflection; discussion with experts; networking.||Peer editing of a document e.g. report, essay, paper; creating glossary of terms or collection of resources e.g. bibliography, reading list; brainstorming for a project; shared knowledge base on a topic.||Help facility; online asynchronous tutorials; analytical writing and reflection; student feedback on a course; exploration of views/opinions on a topic or idea.|
|Associated Graduate Capabilities with examples and learning outcomes|
- Rigid analysis, critique, and reflection are required of all scholars. Students can demonstrate that they have integrated and synthesised their learning by responding to an already-posted comment, or by creating an entirely new post that either reflects or critiques a particular position, view, or assumption. Leaders who are collaborative and competent team workers include the following individuals: When replying to their classmates’ reflections/views in either a blog post or comments, students may display judgment and solid interpersonal skills.
- As part of a collaborative effort to build a wiki, students will be able to utilize their entrepreneurial, inventive, and creative thinking skills. Collaboration and effectiveness as a team worker/Global Citizens who operate in a socially just and responsible manner are characteristics of the following types of leaders: Students work in groups to generate wiki information that may be used by their classmates to further their education.
- Scholars who are able to put their knowledge and talents to use in order to solve challenges include: Specific inquiries are answered by students, and their contributions are made to a topic that necessitates them adapting to a new scenario. Scholars who are capable of communicating well include: Students reply to discussion subjects in an acceptable manner, successfully communicating their knowledge and points of view.
|Relevant pedagogical pages||Assessing with Blogs||Group WorkAssessing with Wikis||DiscussionAssessing by Discussion Board|
|Relevant LMS support pages||Blogging in Moodle||Create a wiki activity in Moodle||Set up a forum in Moodle|
The 5 Types of Social Media and Pros & Cons of Each
Marketers frequently utilize social media to raise awareness of their brands, create leads, and drive traffic to their websites. It’s understandable that if you’ve been entrusted with developing a social media strategy for your organization, you might be wondering which types of platforms you should use. Your platform of choice will most likely alter depending on who your target audience is.
What is Social Media Used For?
In order to express themselves, discuss their hobbies, interact with family and friends, and further their jobs, people utilize social media. Social media platforms are utilized for a variety of objectives, each with its own set of rules. For example, expressing one’s creativity on TikTok or Instagram is very widespread, but advertising one’s profession on LinkedIn is also very frequent. The number of social media networks continues to expand, and well-known platforms such as Facebook are constantly developing and adding new features to their platforms.
You may not want to overextend yourself by maintaining a channel on every conceivable platform, but you also do not want to lose out on valuable brand-awareness chances that come your way.
By the conclusion of this article, you should have a much better understanding of what type of social media strategy would work best for your company.
Types of Social Media
- Social networking, photo sharing, video sharing, interactive media, blogging, and community building are all examples of new technologies.
- Social media sites like Facebook have more than 2.6 billion monthly active users, Twitter has 166 million daily active users, and LinkedIn has 160 million members in the United States alone.
Social media sites like Facebook have more than 2.6 billion monthly active users, Twitter has 166 million daily active users, and LinkedIn has more than 160 million members alone in the United States.
If you’re a small business, such as a restaurant, a social media network such as Facebookcould be an excellent location to begin your social media strategy. You may create a business profile on Facebook that contains connections to your website as well as information about your menu options. It is possible to submit regular updates about your business, “like” other pages, and respond to consumer comments or messages after your profile is fully configured on the site. Other Facebook users may also provide reviews on your business page if you have a business profile.
- LinkedIn places a strong emphasis on professional networking.
- These profiles can then be classified by industry type and updated through posts or messages.
- A Twitter account might be beneficial to businesses in a variety of industries, ranging from entertainment to e-commerce, according to the company.
- Afterwards, you may use Twitter to publish about company developments, tag firms or customers in posts, retweet good consumer tweets, and react to customer inquiries either via tweets or direct messaging.
- Users may quickly connect with people on all three social media platforms by performing basic activities like as tagging, hashtagging, commenting, sending private messages, replying to postings, and re-sharing material.
- Since of their adaptability, social networking sites are excellent places to start a social media strategy because you can experiment with numerous sorts of content before moving on to platforms that demand more particular content categories, such as blogs.
- As video marketing has grown in popularity, numerous platforms have begun to include more complex capabilities such as Facebook Stories and Twitter’s live broadcasts.
- Facebook has even just tweaked its algorithms to encourage live video and image submissions, according to the company.
The result has been an increase in the amount of user interaction for various forms of native content. Even if you know where to begin, our beginner’s tutorials for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn will help you get started quickly and easily.
Pros and Cons
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are some of the most widely utilized social networking platforms
- However, there are many others. Social networking sites, such as HubSpot, Hootsuite, andTweetDecksoftware, frequently interface with scheduling applications. Photo and video capabilities are available on all platforms.
- Those who are only interested in sharing links may have a more difficult time gaining engagement than those who upload photos and videos. Some social media sites, such as Facebook, prioritize individual user postings over company posts in their newsfeeds.
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users, whereas Pinterest has 367 million monthly active users. Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users.
Users on Instagram are 1 billion per month, whereas those on Pinterest are 367 million per month.
This platform would be beneficial to businesses such as restaurants or stores that wish to photograph and exhibit their cuisine, as well as update followers on their goods or items, in a crisp and clean manner. Instagram has established itself as the go-to medium for influencer marketing, with the platform accounting for 93% of all influencer campaigns in 2018. Because of its highly attractive style, it also provides potential for advertising and e-commerce businesses. Instagram, in contrast to other social media networks, places a strong emphasis on graphics and does not enable users to share links directly in their posts.
- Users who have verified their accounts, or those with more than 10,000 followers, have the ability to publish links in their Stories.
- Pinterest is well-suited for ecommerce firms, such as those who offer home products, as well as enterprises that would want a place to showcase sharp independent product photographs along with links to their websites.
- Unlike Instagram, it enables all users to include direct links to websites or product landing pages in their posts, unlike the social media platform.
- Users may create boards focusing on subjects such as “Inspirational Quotes” or “Bedroom goods,” for example.
- The opportunity for a company to create a board with their own product posts, or to discover their items on another user’s board, exists.
- Even while both Instagram and Pinterest may be useful platforms for product photography and brand recognition, Instagram’s active readership is far greater than that of Pinterest.
- When selecting a platform, you may wish to take into account your content-related bandwidth requirements.
Both necessitate the use of visual material, but you may also need to incorporate video production into your Instagram approach. An excellent guide that explains what it takes to obtain followers on Instagram can be found right here.
Pros and Cons
- Platforms such as Instagram aid in the promotion of a brand’s image. Approximately 60% of consumers claim to have discovered about a product or service through Instagram. The social media platforms Pinterest and Instagram give a platform for showcasing visual material or product images. Platforms such as Instagram, for example, allow you to experiment with visual or brief video material.
- Upkeep on these platforms may need the expenditure of a picture budget or the allocation of specialized production time. Some social media networks, such as Instagram, demand that you publish from a mobile app.
- Monthly active users on YouTube total more than 2 billion
- Monthly visitors on Vimeo total more than 240 million
Approximately 88 percent of marketers believe that video provides a significant return on investment, and 90 percent believe that the degree of video competition has grown. Including a video platform in your social media plan may help your company appear more relevant while also keeping you up to date with your competition. A wide number of sectors can benefit from the use of video. In contrast to a restaurant that could have a vlog with cooking instructions, a technology business might concentrate its video strategy on product demonstrations.
- When it comes to long-form video, the most popular sites are YouTube and Vimeo.
- In addition, YouTube appears to provide more chances for advertising and revenue, whereas Vimeo provides the benefit of no pre-roll advertisements to its users.
- Along with YouTube and Vimeo, the more traditional social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, have begun to embrace video marketing more aggressively in recent years.
- In the meanwhile, Twitter has enabled users to broadcast live video feeds that are powered by the Periscope program on the platform.
Pros and Cons
- Videos on YouTube may be far longer than those on other social media platforms. Both platforms include the ability to link to other websites. Analytics are frequently available on video-sharing websites such as YouTube and Vimeo. There are search optimization options on bothYoutube andVimeo.
- It is possible that creating content will involve more time and money. These platforms necessitate the completion of extra backend duties such as SEO.
- Snapchat has 229 daily active users
- TikTok has 100 million monthly active users in the United States alone
- And Instagram has 229 daily active users.
Instagram and TikTok, for example, allow users to exchange photographs and videos, as well as a number of interactive and highly experimental features that are unique to these apps. AR/VR filters, melodic overlays, and interactive games are all included in these two applications. Their audience bases are likewise heavily populated by members of Generation Z.
In part due to the fact that these new interactive applications are being tested mostly by major corporations, marketers that are just getting started with a social strategy do not need to prioritize these interactive applications above traditional social networking sites. The huge corporations that operate on these platforms have a tendency to generate material of a high production quality. Brands with huge followings may also choose to upload Snapchat Stories or videos that have been selected from their customers’ feedback.
- Brands and influencers that use these apps tend to tailor their content to appeal to the younger consumers who use the platforms.
- When it comes to interactive media, there are still a few feasible options for getting involved with Snapchat or TikTok if you’re serious about getting involved.
- Individual accounts have the ability to send and publish temporary stories, but this account has the ability to send and publish temporary articles.
- Here’s a full video that walks you through the process of using Snapchat: If you’ve already created a Snapchat account, you should review our guide to getting started on the platform.
- While big organizations may benefit from all five, smaller organizations may choose “In-Feed Ads” above the other options.
- Guessis a well-known business that has utilized its Instagram account to produce trending ads that include popular hashtags.
- If you decide to experiment with these platforms, you may want to make certain that your industry and content is appropriate for the target audience’s younger age group.
You should also provide an accurate estimate of the time and money that will be required to maintain these accounts current and relevant.
Pros and Cons
- The fact that most of these new applications are being tested by huge corporations means that marketers who are just getting started with a social strategy don’t have to prioritize these interactive apps above classic social networking sites. When it comes to these platforms, the major corporations prefer to generate material that is of excellent production quality. In addition to publishing Snapchat Stories, brands with huge followings may also share films that have been handpicked from their fans. A firm that is just getting started on social media may find it challenging to implement these methods unless they have a large budget or a large internet following. When it comes to these applications, brands and influencers tend to target younger consumers with their content. Examples of such stories include beauty instructions, wellness suggestions, breaking news, and the introduction of new and popular goods on Snapchat. When it comes to interactive media, there are still a few realistic options for becoming engaged with Snapchat or TikTok if you’re really interested in it. The typical business may still create a Snapchat business account that can be searched for and friended by users, even if huge companies such as VICE and BuzzFeed have become Snapchat Discover partners. Individual accounts have the ability to send and publish temporary stories, but this account has the ability to send and publish temporary stories as well. Those who have a business account, on the other hand, have the option of buying advertisement space. To learn more about how to use Snapchat, watch this informative video: You can learn more about how to get started on Snapchat if you’ve already created an account. Short, repeating videos are the focus of TikTok, an app that is comparable to Vine and that provides five different sorts of advertising opportunities for businesses. While big organizations may benefit from all five, smaller organizations may choose “In-Feed Ads” above the other options available. Each of these advertisements is a 9-15 second clip that the consumer may go through. Guessis a well-known business that has utilized its Instagram account to produce trending ads that have included popular hashtags in its campaigns. Influencers have also been recruited to produce postings in support of Universal Pictures’ releases. Consider whether your sector and content are appropriate for the young age audience if you decide to test out these platforms. Attempt to accurately estimate the time and money that will be required to maintain these accounts up to date and relevant as well.
- Content creation on a consistent basis may be expensive and time-consuming. On the Snapchat UI, business accounts are not prominently shown at the top of the page. Because people will need to search for you using your Snapcode or username, you may wish to advertise your channel on your website or other social media platforms. Snapchat and TikTok are only available on mobile devices and are not as user-friendly as other social media platforms.
Content creation on a regular basis may be costly and time-consuming. On the Snapchat UI, business accounts are not prominently shown. Because people will need to search for you using your Snapcode or username, you may choose to advertise your channel on your website or other social media platforms. Unlike Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok are only available on mobile devices and are less user-friendly.
It is possible that blogging and community building platforms will be beneficial to individuals who wish to foster conversation around extremely specialised sectors or themes, but this is not guaranteed. For example, you may find debate about everything from alternative medicine to machine learning on these sites. Writing blog entries about issues relevant to your company’s business and linking them to your product or website are two examples of how you may use blogging to your advantage. In spite of the fact that many individuals have a blog on their website, sites like as Tumblr may be useful to use if you haven’t yet implemented this feature – or if you just want to check what other people in your sector are writing about.
- If a topic on which you’d want to see more debate does not currently have a board, you may create one yourself.
- Both services also enable users to follow you or subscribe to your blogs or Reddit boards, which means that your work will appear in their news feeds as well.
- When someone posts anything on Reddit, other users can vote on it by giving it a “up” or “down” vote.
- Tumblr organizes its feeds according to the passage of time.
- Whenever a person shares or interacts with your Tumblr material, they are encouraged to leave a comment.
- To demonstrate how notes and threads might be used to foster debate, consider the following scenario:
Pros and Cons
- Both platforms enable you to upload text posts, photographs, and videos about your business, brand, or personal ideas
- However, only one platform allows you to share videos. These platforms provide you the ability to initiate discussions on a certain subject. It is possible to link to external websites on both platforms.
- Longer blog entries may need more effort to plan and produce
- But, they are worth it. The fact that you were downvoted on Redditor had no response from Tumblr users suggests that your postings may have gone unnoticed. It’s possible that your audience is too specialized or confined to only people who utilize the exact platform you’re using
A Few Things to Consider
Before you start checking in and setting up your accounts on a slew of different platforms, take the following points into consideration:
- Approximately how much of your time do you have available for social media strategy development? Do you have the necessary resources to create graphics or videos? Do your objectives include increasing brand awareness, increasing traffic, or increasing revenue? Will you require an additional member of staff to manage this platform, or will it be simple to keep up to date?
Once you’ve decided on one or two platforms, be sure to keep up with how they’re developing and what marketers are doing with them.
Check out ourUltimate Guide to Social Media Marketing for an up-to-date look at the industry. Originally published on December 7, 2020, at 7:00 a.m., and modified on July 21, 2021, respectively