Here are some methods you can use to ask for emails without disturbing your visitors:
- Present a Pop-up at the End of Your Content.
- Introduce a Pop-up When a User Signals Exit-intent.
- Slide in a Request after a Page Scrolls.
- Display a Sticky Top Bar.
- Offer a Content Upgrade.
- Stage a Welcoming Home Gate.
- Add a Sidebar.
How do I capture email addresses for website visitors?
Here are seven ways to collect email addresses from your website visitors.
- CTAs. An email collection call-to-action (CTA) can be as simple as a button on your landing page that reads “Join our mailing list”.
- Lead magnets.
- Create a quiz or game.
- Offer an incentive.
- Email pop-ups.
- Landing page or squeeze page.
- Opt-in form.
How do I capture email leads?
7 Email Lead Capture Strategies in 2019
- Ask, “what’s in it for me?”
- Target the right segments of your audience.
- Target your audience at the correct time.
- Build a proper lead magnet (or several)
- Reduce friction where possible.
- Match the intent of a blog post with the correct offer.
How would you get capture leads give 3 ways to get a lead?
10 Ways to Capture Leads You Probably Haven’t Tried
- Look at your competitors’ customers.
- Look at the customers of product/service integrations you have.
- Ask for referrals.
- Explore different capture and demographic-sorting tools.
- LinkedIn content posts.
- Request-a-demo buttons.
- Site newsletter.
- Lower friction form fills.
What are email capture forms?
But what is email capture? An email capture app allows you to grow your subscriber list by collecting email addresses legally. In this post, we wanted to share with you a couple of different ways you can use your website to build your list, as well as a few tools that can help you make it happen.
What is another digital tool that can get subscribers?
MailChimp. If you are looking for a freemium alternative to Thrive Leads, then you can give MailChimp a try. It is a tool available for multiple platforms including WordPress. WP allows visitors to subscribe using the forms created using MailChimp.
How can I capture more leads?
13 best tips for converting leads into sales
- Show your leads that you value them.
- Ensure leads are qualified.
- Landing pages are some of the best ways to capture leads.
- Conduct phone conversations.
- Harness direct mail.
- Use emotions to your advantage.
- Build relationships.
- Tap into the power of trusted referrals.
How do I capture a lead from a website?
How To Generate More Leads On Your Website
- Optimize the Right Landing Pages.
- Welcome Your Website Visitors.
- Rotate Your Messaging.
- Create a Specialist Landing Page.
- Offer a Lead Generation Magnet.
- Get Interactive.
- Use Live Chat.
- Get Attention Before They Go.
Which tool creates best quality leads?
OptinMonster is the best lead generation tool that makes it easy to convert your visitors into leads and customers. It doesn’t matter what kind of website you run and what kind of leads you’re looking for. OptinMonster comes with the right solution for building campaigns to collect quality leads for your unique needs.
How do I capture leads in Salesforce?
Edit the Lead Status picklist to choose the default status for new and converted leads. Click Settings to specify your default lead settings. Click Assignment Rules to set up lead assignment rules that automatically assign leads. Click Web-to-Lead to automatically capture leads from your website.
How do I capture contact information?
7 Simple Ways to Collect Customer Contact Information
- Hold Contests for Your Customers.
- Develop a Customer Loyalty Plan.
- Tell Customers Why They Should Opt-In.
- Build Trust With Your Business Data.
- Host Events and Sell Tickets.
- Create Social Call-to-Actions.
- Look for Other Data to Track.
How does email capture work?
Email capture means that your business collects emails with the goal of turning those people into customers. Standard email collection would involve getting random emails, but email capture focuses on collecting emails from people with higher odds of becoming customers.
Why is email capture important?
When you capture more emails, you’re able to retarget site visitors, turn them into leads and eventually convert them into customers. Some of those customers will become evangelists and help you make more sales through word-of-mouth.
What means lead capture?
A lead capture page is a specially-designed landing page whose sole purpose is to capture information about your leads: name, email, phone number, etc. This information is collected through a lead capture form and used to help you build a relationship with your leads.
The 10 Best Ways to Capture Leads [A Guide for 2022]
I’m a marketing professional who lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children. Aside from that, I launched this site, Growth Marketing Pro, and turned it into a six-figure passive income business in less than 18 months. My last position was as Head of Marketing for a company called PlushCare, which was eventually sold for $450 million dollars.
Latest posts by Mark Spera(see all)
Capturing leads is the process of converting site visitors into paying clients. Customer information is often stored on an email list or in a CRM database for many organizations. And the quantity and quality of that list are generally inversely proportional to the amount of income generated. The greater the number of leads you have, the greater the number of opportunities you have to close a deal. Why? Because people actually read their emails! Our mailings to the Growth Marketing Pro email list often achieve open rates between 30 percent and 50 percent, depending on the subject line.
- So, what is the best way to capture email leads?
- Continue reading to learn about the tools and tactics we employ to generate leads!
- We only suggest tools that we believe in.
10 Ways to Capture Email Leads
Forms like Typeform are ideal for small sales teams who are just prospecting potential leads on social media or via cold email and want to provide them with a piece of downloadable material. When you don’t yet have a website up and running, Typeform is a terrific low-tech solution for collecting leads. This is about as simple as it gets in terms of technology! This is an excellent choice for:
- Real estate agents, event planners, and financial planners are all examples of professionals who work in the real estate industry. A website for any other small business or consulting firm that does not currently have one If you’re thinking of creating a business but want to be sure there’s enough demand first
The way it works is as follows: Create a simple Typeform lead capture survey to collect leads. Make use of your standard marketing methods to promote your services, such as social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook, email prospecting, and entering online groups such as Reddit, among others. In exchange for that person’s email address, you should provide a comprehensive overview of your services or an excellent piece of content in this advertising. Among the things you might provide are:
- A handy PDF containing the finest strategies you employ to accomplish XYZ
- A handy template to ensure that your target client has a simple route to completing XYZ tasks
- Invisible content could be a secret video or blog article that outlines a little-known approach that people will be eager to learn about
Send them to the Typeform website and ask them to complete your customized form. As soon as you’ve collected your leads and have a large list of people to begin targeting with message, you may export that list of people to a CSV file. Alternatively, if you are already utilizing email marketing using a system such as Mailchimp or ConvertKit, or even a CRM such as Salesforce, you may seek for an out of the box connector to send your leads to an email marketing provider of your choice.
Overall, TypeForm is a fantastic tool for capturing quality email leads for your company, especially if you’re just getting started in the industry.
Want my free 5-part SEO course?
In my SEO course, I’ve helped over 20,000 students learn SEO by providing them with tips that aren’t available anywhere else on the internet!
2. Native email capture
In the case of native email capture, you are utilizing email capture techniques that are already integrated into your content management system, customer relationship management system, or e-commerce website, for example. Some of the tools that provide native email capture are as follows: These kind of tools provide mechanisms that are ready to use straight out of the box. All that is required is that you set them up, and you will be ready to begin collecting emails for your website. This functionality is available in a large number of drag-and-drop website builders.
This is an extremely simple method of utilizing technologies that you are currently paying for in order to increase your company’s lead collection.
3. App Exchange Email Capture
Even if your website host does not have native email capture functionality, you may still capture emails using an app or a plugin instead of a web form. WordPress, for example, does not provide an email capture capability as part of its core functionality. Their integration with a variety of different apps, on the other hand, may assist you in executing your email capture strategy and meeting your lead generation objectives. You may choose from a variety of apps available on their app exchange, like Thrive, OptinMonster, and others, which all assist you in capturing leads and sending them to the email marketing platform of your choosing.
4.Landing page software
Landing page generators may be used to produce landing pages that include a lead form for collecting leads. Having the ability to quickly construct bespoke landing pages with forms, pictures, and funnels is truly game-changing in its use. To get started, you may look at our compilation of the 17 top online form builders. In fact, according to this WordStream analysis, the top 10% of landing pages convert at a rate that is three to five times greater than the average converting page. That implies that by simply testing a few different variations of a single page, you might be earning significantly more money.
They provide a plethora of templates, allowing you to create visually appealing lead capture sites with little effort.
For the most part, Instapage is the most functional, user-friendly, high-performing, easiest to use, and most economical landing page software available today.
Because it operates without the need of code, it is ideal for both huge corporations and small, family-run companies. As a result, you can be certain that you have a smooth marketing funnel set up with most landing page software products – whether it’s MailChimp, ConvertKit, or any other software.
5. Lead magnetlanding pages
Giving out free information is a good approach to get leads. Here’s how to go about it: Identify and develop original content that is relevant to your company or product. Then you may give it away for nothing! Lead magnets are the equivalent of internet gifts in the marketing world. A webinar or a podcast, a PDF detailing your “secrets to success,” or an excel template that will assist your audience in tracking their marketing/spending/whatever else they want to give away are all possibilities.
- This is fantastic since it eliminates the necessity for a landing page that has been coded.
- Finally, advertise, advertise, and more advertising!
- People that are engaged in your material are more than likely qualified leads for your company, making this a great alternative for email lead acquisition and lead nurturing campaigns.
- – With my link, you can get Unbounce for free for 14 days, as well as a 20 percent discount for three months–
6. Sticky top bar
The following is an illustration of what a sticky top bar looks like: The term “call to action” refers to a bar that appears at the top of the page and contains some form of call to action. A call to action can be in the form of an email capture form, for example. Tools such as Hello Bar, which includes a 1-click WordPress connection to gather email leads, will make it simple to design a sticky top bar and apply it with only one line of code, allowing you to save time and money. Hello Bar is a stand-alone application that may be used in conjunction with WordPress, Wix, or other webpages, among other things.
- Hello Bar is a simple tool that just takes one line of code to be added to a website in order to function.
- Expert evaluations, A/B testing, targeting, email integration, and aid with GDPR compliance are all available as additional options.
- Our Instapage offer sticky pop-up bar has attracted over 2,000 email subscribers in only one year, thanks to our efforts.
- More information on Hello Bar may be found here.
- One source claims that an exit-intent pop-up may boost the number of subscribers to your site by as much as 600 percent.
- It is possible to activate an exit intent pop-up just before a user is ready to depart your website using this technology.
- In practice, when a user is about to dismiss a tab or exit the browser window, the action prompts a pop-up window to alert the user.
- It is a very effective method of gaining their attention.
Do you still not believe us? Our exit intent pop-up has an 8.5 percent conversion rate, according to our statistics. With an exit-intent pop-up, you can’t go wrong when it comes to capturing email lead information.
8. Homepage email capture
The homepage of your website serves as the “cover” of your website. It is most certainly the most frequently visited page on your website, and it should be optimized accordingly! Converting more visitors into email subscribers is a simple and effective strategy to increase your conversion rate. Why? Because when a consumer visits your website and clicks on an article, they are likely to return to the homepage before leaving the website. Their primary goal is to acquire a sense of what you are all about, and the site is the most effective tool for accomplishing this.
Incorporate witty wording, demonstrate your accomplishments through social proof, and sell your item using the finest quality image you have available.
Unless you’re utilizing a really basic builder likeWix, the setup of a homepage email capture may necessitate some custom code.
9. Show an interest-based offer
You must market the correct item to the appropriate consumer in order to produce a highly successful lead conversion form. In order to do this, establishing interest-based offers, which are basically tailored pop-ups that are based on the user’s past interests, is a good strategy to employ. You may also include these offers in the follow-up email you send. Suppose a user is reading about webinars on your website. You may consider employing a pop-up that promotes webinar advice that are delivered directly to the user’s email inbox.
It is possible to modify the pop-up depending on the pages that the visitor has visited using software such as Hello Bar; however, this will come at a cost.
This is a more advanced lead capture strategy, so don’t be concerned if you aren’t quite there yet in your knowledge.
10.Facebook lead ads
If you simply have a Facebook page and no website, you may use Facebook lead advertisements to generate leads for your business. A major advantage of Facebook lead advertisements is that they involve very little effort and may yield significant profits. The benefit of Facebook lead advertisements is that users can just touch on your advertisement and a pre-populated form will show up, indicating that the form has already been pre-populated with their contact information. This is significant because it is very simple for your users to fill out that form and subscribe to your email list.
As a result of its very useable structure, Facebook lead advertising are an excellent approach to interact with your target audience. Aside from that, Facebook has exceptionally targeted ad possibilities, making it an excellent choice for generating highly qualified email leads.
At the end of the day, growing an email list is all about knowing your target and coming up with innovative ways to collect their emails using lead generating tools to do so. Choose your strategy carefully, and always remember to put yourself in the shoes of the customer when doing so. Always test the list-building approaches you experiment with to ensure that you’re not wasting your time and money on ineffective ones. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey! Questions concerning email capture and list creation still linger?
Fill out the form below to ask me a question!
Want my free 5-part SEO course?
In my SEO course, I’ve helped over 20,000 students learn SEO by providing them with tips that aren’t available anywhere else on the internet!
Six Ways to Capture Email Leads Without Disturbing Your Visitors
The following is a guest blog article written by Nirit Braun, Head of Content at ActiveTrail, and published on their website. When it comes to online success, your email list is a critical factor to consider. However, before you can start working with a wonderful email list, you must first gain the permission of the list’s owners to do so. So, how can you elicit this information from your visitors? Because the last thing you want is for your guests to be irritated, refrain from using disruptive techniques such as cold phoning.
It is simple for your visitors to leave their email addresses, and it is advantageous for you.
What is Point of Capture?
The term “point of capture” refers to the initial instance in which data is acquired from the property owner. For example, when a visitor to your website enters his or her name and email address for the first time.
Ways to capture email leads without disturbing your visitors
1. Make opt-ins more personalized. Personalization plays an important role in delivering a positive user experience. Provide a sign-up form that is customized to the content of the visitor’s present reading. When someone visits a business blog, you may offer him a free e-book on how to expand his firm in exchange for his name and email address. This Reader’s Digestis sign-up form is located following a health-related item on the website. CTA at the bottom of every content pageBecause it is situated after the content, you will not be interrupting the reading experience of your users.
- Demonstrate the next step by include a call to action for email subscription.
- Another significant factor in conversion that many websites overlook is the timing of their advertisements.
- Based on the results of one study, sliding in a form when the user has scrolled to the 80 percent mark of your page has the highest conversion rate.
- A sign-up form in the sidebar that floats as the visitor scrolls down your website is a non-disruptive technique to collect email addresses from your visitors.
- On the sidebar of Upwork, there are two options for collecting email addresses from visitors.
- Allow the visitor to decide when he or she wants to opt-in.
- – Do not display them the opt-in form until after they have clicked on one of your website’s images or links.
- This HubSpot signup form shows only after you have clicked on the “Learn more” and “Get started” buttons, which confirm that you are interested in their products and services.
- Opt-in at the exit Because your visitor has already completed his or her reading, this choice is not distracting.
Email signups on websites with exit forms increase by 200-600 percent, according to a recent study. As a result, there should be no excuse for you to be without one! With this departure opt-in, Blogging Wizard captures the opportunity to convert readers who are about to leave the site.
Point-of-capture API forms that are strategically placed on your website are the most effective tools you can use to acquire leads. This strategy is less time-consuming for you and less irritating for your visitors. The methods for capturing email leads described above are subtle enough that your visitors will not become upset, yet convincing enough that they will be persuaded to sign up. Include them on your website and watch as your email list continues to expand! By cleaning your email list on a regular basis, you can keep your list healthy and improve the performance of your campaigns.
Your first hundred verifications are absolutely free-hundo!
Capture Email Leads Without Bothering Visitors With These 10 Techniques
In company, your email list is the key to success – but it turns out that people aren’t so eager to hand up their email address as you may think. On top of that, several of the ways we regularly see utilized online to gather email leads are known to cause discomfort in certain people. In order to obtain someone’s email address, you must convince them to do so with your greatest offer in the least intrusive manner possible. “How exactly do I go about doing that?” you inquire. The good news is that there are a variety of strategies available for capturing email leads without interfering with the user’s browsing experience.
Don’t be scared to experiment with them.
1. Show a popup on scroll down
The majority of visitors who visit your website do so through Google. In this case, you may presume they are seeking for precise information that pertains to their initial search query and provides an answer. Consequently, won’t a premature popup disturb their reading experience? Yes! At first, they are simply interested in receiving an answer, not a subscription popup. The simple explanation is that the popup must be delayed until after the user has scrolled down farther on your website, perhaps below the fold or below.
As they go through your information, force them to make a decision straight away.
2. Display a popup on exit intent
In a similar way to presenting a popup as the user scrolls down the page, you can set up a popup to appear when the user exits the page. When the user’s cursor goes toward the edge of the browser window, a popup window appears as a result of this configuration. The user’s mouse movement indicates that he or she want to exit the website. This is your final opportunity to turn abandoned visitors into subscribers, so make the most of it by presenting them with your greatest offer. Exit intent popups, in addition to grabbing the visitor’s attention rapidly, have the potential to convert extremely effectively.
3. Use a subscribe box
If you are concerned that popups would cause visitors to your page to become dissatisfied, consider this: just set up a conventional subscription box. The box performs the same goal as the popup, but will not garner the same amount of attention.
Subscribe boxes work best when they are placed at the conclusion of material, but you may also place them at the start of a page if necessary. Examine what works best with the flow of your material and what looks best with the design of your website page.
4. Use a subtle slide-in
An alternative, and perhaps more “nice,” method of capturing email leads is to display a slide-in after a user has scrolled down your website. The slide-in appears from the bottom corner of the screen and is less invasive than a popup window. Although the entry is noticeable, it is not overbearing, since it does not appear as if it is taking over the screen. Typically, the slide-in appears when three-quarters of the way down the page has been scrolled through. Slide-ins don’t interfere with a user’s reading experience, so you may utilize them on your sites as a less aggressive method of capturing email addresses from visitors.
5. Display a floating sticky bar
A floating bar at the top of the screen is a terrific approach to draw the user’s attention to a particular area. It does well in conversions since it moves with the page and remains in the user’s line of sight during the entire process. Additionally, they do not interfere with the browsing experience. Floating bars can be animated to increase their visibility even more. Are you not a fan of the “animated” concept? Allowing it to appear once a user has scrolled down a particular amount of the page will make it less noticeable.
6. Add a sidebar
A sidebar, which is comparable to a floating bar, is another alternative for collecting email leads in a respectful manner. On most computers, this bar appears on the right-hand side of the screen. However, if you believe that having a sticky sidebar that scrolls with the page is inconvenient for your visitors, you may always give a “X” button to close the sidebar. You may also include Calls To Action in the sidebar of every page of your blog. Why? Users that come to your blog are already interested in the information you provide.
7. Launch a dedicated landing page
Was it ever brought to your attention that a customized landing page may increase your conversion rate by as much as 50%? However, in order to optimize your landing page, whether it is offering a discount or a newsletter registration, you need adhere to a few simple “rules”:
- Make certain that the design is beautiful, and experiment with contrasting colors
- Provide a huge, eye-catching call-to-action button
- Make use of “social proof,” such as displaying the amount of subscribers you have (particularly if it is larger than 10,000)
- Fill the page with eye-catching photos and appealing writing, and you should be set to go.
8. Offer a content upgrade
A content update is a two-step process for collecting email addresses. The way it works is that you upload an article with a call to action (CTA) encouraging people to read a more thorough article on the same topic. As a thank you for subscribing, the content upgrade CTA gives subscribers with enhanced value. Consider the following scenario: you create a blog post titled “Top 5 Ways to Save Money” and you distribute an informative PDF titled “50 Proven Tips to Save Money.” Users must submit their email address in a subscription box on the page for the shorter article in order to receive the PDF.
9. Let the user take initiative
You are not need to display the subscription form in a CTA immediately. Make use of the Zeigarnik effect to your advantage. A psychological theory that suggests that people who commence a process are more likely to see the process through to completion. Implementing this idea is a simple matter of following the rules. In your CTA, provide a compelling question, such as “Do you want to increase your traffic?” and include “Yes” and “No” buttons to respond to the query.
If the user selects “Yes,” you should redirect them to your landing page. Users took the initiative and are much than likely to subscribe to your material as a result of this procedure.
10. Vary offers based on user interest
No matter what form of CTA you employ, tailoring your offer to the customer’s interests – specifically, the pages the user views – is the best practice. Consider a home improvement website that has numerous alternative CTAs based on the content of the post it is advertising. A blog article from the “kitchen” category may display a popup window with information on tile styles. It’s possible that another blog article from the “attic” category will provide attic remodeling suggestions in a popup window.
Using these approaches effectively will increase the number of individuals who will be eager to subscribe to your newsletter or register to take advantage of your offer. Maintain your focus on providing a seamless reading experience while still providing quality information, and the rest will fall into place. It is not essential to display an obtrusive popup as soon as visitors arrive on your website; with a little planning, you can establish when is the best time and location to display a call to action, and ensure that it is displayed to the appropriate audience.
Visit this page to learn 11 popup methods, image optimization advice, and website performance optimization ideas to help you increase your conversion rate.
7 Surefire Ways to Capture Email Leads in 2020 [+ Tools]
No matter what business you’re in, creating an email list is still a crucial and high-impact marketing activity that should not be overlooked. Despite the fact that you may come across the occasional article announcing that “email marketing is dead,” you can continue to run your campaigns with confidence, knowing that “the money is in the list” (as they say). Now, there are a plethora of strategies and tools available for building an email list that go beyond basic sidebar lead magnets and popup forms.
7 Email Lead Capture Strategies in 2019
- “What’s in it for me?” you might wonder.
- Make sure you are reaching the appropriate parts of your audience. Make sure you reach out to your audience at the appropriate moment. Construct a decent lead magnet (or several of them)
- Wherever feasible, try to reduce friction. Matching the goal of a blog post with the appropriate offer is essential. Select the most appropriate lead capture tools for the project
1. Ask, “what’s in it for me?”
While every firm in every market may have a somewhat different tactical execution for capturing email leads, the following formula is at the heart of every successful strategy: The chance of conversion is equal to the value of your offer less the cost of providing you with their email address. In other words, you must determine whether or not your offer is valuable enough to warrant the exchange of an email address (and/or other information you are seeking). “What’s in it for me?” is a question that is underappreciated in marketing.
- Take, for example, the hashtag #WaitButWhy.
- The quality of the postings is outstanding.
- So merely being told when these pieces of art are released is sufficient compensation: Most business blogs, on the other hand, are unable to compete on that level of quality (creating material of that caliber is extremely time-consuming and expensive).
- These include things such as ebooks, free email courses, webinars, and other similar offerings.
- Here’s an example of a lead magnet from ConversionXL that you should consider: Alternatively, here’s an example from J Crew that is geared at ecommerce: Both of these instances are excellent in the settings in which they are used.
For example, in the instance of J Crew, you can envision the obvious value provided by giving a discount on a visitor’s first purchase, and in the case of ConversionXL, same offer featured on a blog post about conversion rate optimization. The alignment of values is self-evident.
2. Target the right segments of your audience
When you’re initially starting out, it’s usually appropriate to have a single lead magnet or email signup form that is accessible to all of your visitors. For small businesses with homogeneous visitor demographics, this is especially important to keep in mind. But when you grow your content program and have a large number of articles with diverse levels of meaning and context, it becomes critical to consider who you’re trying to reach out to. When it comes to retail, providing a 15 percent discount to a returning consumer who was going to buy regardless makes a lot more sense than targeting first-time visitors as in our J Crew example above.
An offer such as “case study templates” can be appropriate if someone is reading a piece about, for example, creating case studies: You should also take into account the gadget that someone is using.
Because the environment and user experience on multiple devices are so drastically different, it makes logical to test different things on each device.
Its sole purpose is to encourage you to consider which CTA will be seen by which segment of your audience.
3. Target your audience at the correct time
It is critical to know who you are targeting, but it is equally crucial to know when you are targeting your audience. Consider our J Crew first-time visitors case in point: it makes perfect sense to provide the discount as soon as feasible after the customer signs up (on arrival). This customer is most likely doing comparison shopping, so you’re battling for their attention and need to get them to pay attention immediately. This is true of many ecommerce lead capture messages, such as those that read: Ralph Lauren (Ralph Lauren): In contrast, if you’re collecting emails from readers through a blog article, you don’t want to disrupt their reading experience before they’ve even gotten through the first paragraph.
- Using “welcome mat” popups – those massive interstitials that fully take over your screen – is another typical error I see marketers make.
- Either a scroll-triggered popup or an exit intent popup may be a preferable trigger for those bits of information.
- The former appears when a user scrolls past a specific point in the content, whereas the latter appears when a user moves their mouse to the corner of the screen, as if they were about to close the window.
- Take a look at this excellent example of an exit intent popup from WaitButWhy (the wording is also excellent): Using time-based or behavior-based targeting, you may be more creative with your campaigns.
- That’s an excellent opportunity to initiate a CTA.
- If you see that someone is copying and pasting your templates, you may send them a note informing them that they are all accessible for download as a courtesy.
Simpler yet, you may include a text link in your material and utilize it as a signal of intent to activate a form, such as the following: Image courtesy of Shutterstock
4. Build a proper lead magnet (or several)
We’ve previously spoken about the importance of being able to answer the question “what’s in it for me?” and of establishing some form of value exchange. But, let’s go a little more into the concept of a “lead magnet,” because it’s typically critical to have this write-up published (especially for B2B cases). Taking a step back, what exactly is a lead magnet? A lead magnet is a free gift that you provide in return for receiving a visitor’s contact information. This might be any number of things, but it generally takes the shape of a long-form piece of content, such as an ebook, a webinar, a gated email course, a free tool, or other similar offering.
Because it’s quite simple to repurpose numerous blog articles into a single ebook and hire someone on Upwork to design it, the ebook is perhaps the most popular type of lead magnet.
I believe that ebooks are best suited for the following situations:
- The subject is complicated and needs much education
- The customer is inquisitive and enjoys conducting their own study into the subject matter he or she is purchasing. It’s a topic with enough content to make for a compelling ebook, but not too much.
Topics such as conversion rate optimization, user experience, and search engine optimization are all excellent topics for ebooks since they meet the requirements outlined above. To illustrate, consider this booklet from UserTesting on how to conduct appropriate user research: The webinar will take place on Webinars are probably the second most popular type of lead magnet that I come across in the real world. The majority of B2B organizations employ them, and it is a particularly effective marketing strategy for SaaS companies.
- The subject matter is technical or requires a high level of detail
- You or your companion has a magnetic presence on camera or is well-known
- It is possible that your webinar themes will be valuable to folks who do not utilize your product.
Unbounce, for example, experienced fantastic outcomes from their webinars (35 percent increase in free trial signups). At CXL Institute, we routinely presented webinars with our course teachers (all of whom were well-known and great specialists in their disciplines), and had hundreds of registrations each time (as well as many directly attributable conversions). Webinars, in my opinion, are one of the most powerful lead generation tools available, yet they are often the most poorly performed in practice.
- The webinar must be both interesting and informative, which is something I cannot say about the majority of webinars I have attended.
- The e-mail training course I believe that the email course is one of my most underutilized marketing tools.
- You can usually find experts who will write particular chapters, which not only helps to spread the workload associated with creating the material, but also helps to increase the value of the content for subscribers if you chose your experts well.
- It’s important to note that you’re utilizing email to offer the primary value in this case, which may result in a boost in open rates and engagement with the actual email marketing campaign.
- You just create an autoresponder for folks who have signed up for your email course.
- This is a free utility.
- It goes without saying that it takes resources to design a tool.
- Of course, the finest illustration of this is HubSpot’s Website Grader, which is as follows: The template and resource package If the subject is the bait, then the lead magnet is the hook to hold it all together.
- Typically, this is accomplished by the use of supplementary resources, templates, or tools that are intended to assist the visitor in implementing whatever it is that you are discussing.
- A checklist can be used in a similar way to this.
Something as simple as A/B testing is an excellent topic for creating a checklist. That’s exactly what I did in an article on A/B testing recommendations that I wrote: There are a plethora of other lead magnet forms available, but the ones listed above are some of my personal favorites.
5. Reduce friction where possible
To eliminate friction is an useful rule of thumb to follow in all aspects of marketing (and, indeed, in all aspects of business). Basically, if a visitor want to be added to your mailing list, you should make it as simple as possible for them to do so. When creating and optimizing online forms, this is part of the theory behind the flywheel, and it makes a great deal of sense to do so. When creating forms, ask yourself questions such as the following:
- Is it really necessary for me to have this piece of information that I’m requesting? If so, can I request it later (a la progressive profiling) or can we use it to improve our data in some way? Who is filling out the forms, and which fields are producing the most drop-offs
- Can we do some user testing to see where users are having difficulty with our forms? Whether or not we have any fundamental usability or accessibility issues with our forms
- Whether or not our forms operate on all browsers and devices
You’d be shocked at how much low-hanging fruit you can uncover with a simple CRO audit of your forms and documents.
6. Match the intent of a blog post with the correct offer
Although I hinted at it above when discussing who you should be targeting, a simple win for lead capture is to connect the content on your lead magnet offer with the blog post on which it appears to increase conversions. You’d be shocked at how frequently I come across glaring mismatches. Offering an ebook on “The Ultimate Guide to Digital Analytics” may not be a good idea if your blog article is on “the best marketing books of 2019.” There’s a misalignment between the two. Some visitors may still convert, but the site is not properly optimized at this point.
Navigate to Ahrefs and enter the URL of your blog article in the site explorer function.
For example, the term “what to do in Austin this weekend” may really create a pretty nice headline for an ebook or checklist that I could provide to people.
7. Choose the best lead capture tools for the job
Finally, keep in mind that you are not limited to merely using web-based forms. To capture leads, you may use a variety of techniques such as popups, surveys, live chat, and many more. Also keep in mind that there isn’t a single tool that is perfect for every job. Different types of successful tactics have been observed, utilizing various types of tools, various lead magnets, and a variety of general marketing strategies. In order to do a task effectively, it is necessary to select the ideal instrument for the job at hand.
7 Email Lead Capture Tools in 2019
- Web forms, popup forms, surveys and quizzes, live chat, chatbots, giveaways and contests, and content upgrades are all examples of what we do.
1. Web Forms
Web forms are still the gold standard of online lead collecting because they are so easy to use. A long distance has also been traveled from their humble beginnings on the internet. Using free tools such as HubSpot Forms, we can quickly and simply create custom forms that can be immediately connected to your CRM or email tool of choice:
2. Popup Forms
Popups, formerly regarded as intrusive and poorly designed, are now commonplace and, when done right, are incredibly successful and do not negatively impact the user experience. It is possible to succeed at this strategy if you can correctly schedule and target the right audience at the appropriate moment.
Having an exit intent form on your website will at the very least assist you in capturing some potential bouncers from your site. HubSpot Popup Formsis a free and simple tool that can be used for this.
3. Surveys and Quizzes
Surveys are, in my opinion, grossly underutilized in today’s society. However, while they are interesting and enjoyable, in actuality, you can capture the same visitor information with significantly less friction than you would with traditional forms. Survey Anywhere is an excellent tool for this purpose. Consider the following case study, which was prepared by a client of theirs to engage guests of a cycling event (using an iPad survey): Image courtesy of Shutterstock In order to be included into a contest at the end, they provided their email address and contact information.
4. Live Chat
Live chat, which is sometimes regarded in the context of customer service and other times in the context of sales, may also be utilized as a marketing tool. Live chat may be used to engage heavy readers or users who have visited your site several times, especially if you are appropriately targeting your visitors with your message. This is what CXL does with visitors that return on a regular basis: If you use live chat to gather leads, you will have less opportunity to engage visitors and capture their information because it is less consistent (it may be better at just answering inquiries).
Chatbots are arguably a more effective method of gathering lead information. You can generally accomplish better targeting and filtering with bots, as long as you build them correctly. The fact that they’re automated saves you a lot of support rep time (as opposed to always running a live chat). It is my belief that the use of chatbots is a tactic that is still in its infancy. Unacceptably many businesses continue to create bad bots, thereby alienating potential clients in the process. Chatbots, on the other hand, have been shown to significantly increase lead conversion rates when used correctly.
6. Giveaways and Contests
Giveaways were highly popular a few years ago. Now, they’re not so popular. In spite of the fact that they’ve become less prevalent, I still see them all the time, particularly in B2C enterprises (and ultra-specifically, in travel or experience related industries). Typically, you and a number of other businesses collaborate to offer some form of giveaway that is linked to the work that all of your businesses do, and then market the giveaways to your respective audiences through various channels.
While this is an effective method of gathering a huge number of emails, it has a significant drawback: the quality of the emails is unlikely to be particularly high.
- You’re exchanging emails with a large number of businesses. In order to receive the email, you must rely on commercial incentives (in other words, they aren’t interested in your firm
- They are interested in winning that vacation to Denmark).
If you want to give it a shot, KingSumo is a wonderful tool to use for this.
7. Content upgrades
Their relevance to the blog content does not interfere with the user experience, and they are only activated for those who choose to follow the link. Content improvements are one of my favorite methods of capturing leads.
There are many ways and strategies to capture email leads.
A broad plan, as well as some suggestions, are provided in this page; in addition, several tools (most of which are free) are provided to assist you in completing the task. As with anything else, success necessitates a certain amount of testing and tweaking. Experiment with some of the suggestions above, learn from your mistakes, and iterate to improve your results. Small victories accumulate and eventually lead to greatness. For those looking for a simple way to adopt some of these lead capturing strategies, HubSpot’s free lead generating tools are a great place to start.
Email Capture Best Practices You Need To Know
Time allotted for reading: 8 minutes E-mail marketing continues to be used by businesses to enhance earnings and grow their consumer base. However, some businesses require the development of an email list in order to be able to rely on email capture tactics to increase the number of people who sign up for their newsletters. You may benefit your company in a variety of ways by using email capture:
- Seek out potential consumers. Increase your subscription base on a consistent basis. Increasing your income as a result of acquiring additional consumers
This sort of advantage makes it easy to understand why email collection is a top priority for businesses. The following instruction will help you figure out how to collect an email address in the most effective manner.
What Is Email Capture?
Email capture refers to the process through which your company gathers emails with the purpose of converting those individuals into clients. Standard email collection would entail gathering emails from a random sample of individuals, whereas email capture focuses on collecting emails from those who are more likely to become customers. This may be accomplished through the use of invitations and email collection tools. Given the fact that there are 3.8 billion individuals who have email addresses, you have a vast pool of people that you can convert into clients.
In essence, there are three phases involved in obtaining an email address.
- Identify a group of people who might be interested in purchasing from your company. Make use of a channel or program that will allow such individuals to subscribe. Automated tools can be used to invite people to subscribe to your email newsletter.
As you move through these three processes, you will be closer to capturing emails, which will enhance the return on your email marketing investment.
Why It Matters
There are those who may ask why they should bother with email capture in the first place. After all, do people truly utilize email on a daily basis as they did in the past? Why not concentrate your efforts on social media or other methods to get additional clients? It may come as a surprise to you, but email marketing is effective because individuals continue to check their inbox on a regular basis. That’s right: individuals check their emails for an average of five hours every day. This provides you with a plethora of options to reach out to individuals on a daily basis and encourage them to subscribe to your email.
- Because billions of individuals use their email accounts on a regular basis, your messages will be seen by them. You have a plethora of options to reach out to these individuals. Due of the large number of individuals that use the internet, you will have people who are interested in your business.
Email continues to be a significant element of the internet, and utilizing it to your advantage might result in more consumers for your company.
How to Collect Email on Your Website
Perhaps you’re wondering how to collect email addresses. When it comes to email capture, there are a range of ways you may use. The majority of them utilize automated techniques, which means that a software will handle the invites on your behalf. In automated procedures, technologies or programs are used to urge users to join your email subscriber list while also preserving their information once they have signed up for your list.
- How can you capture email addresses, you might wonder? When it comes to email capture, there are a multitude of options. In most cases, these are automated techniques where a software will handle the invites on your behalf. In automated procedures, technologies or programs are used to urge users to join your email subscriber list while also preserving their information once they have signed up.
Sign-up pages provide you with the opportunity to educate website visitors about your newsletter subscription. Incorporate information on the service, how it benefits the visitor, and a simple way for them to join up with your company. You must keep everything in one location in order to keep things simple and straightforward for visitors. Pop-up windows are ubiquitous on websites. It’s a method of automatically inviting users to join you while they’re browsing your website. They will have to look at the offer before they may opt out of it in this manner.
When it comes to floating bars, you leave a persistent invitation at the top of the screen for people to come in.
So far, interactive forms have proven to be the most effective for email capture.
There are a variety of tactics that you may use to gather email addresses from website users; thus, experiment with several approaches and employ the ones that you find most effective.
Email Capture Best Practices
While you want to ask people to subscribe to your email newsletter, you want to do it in a way that is successful and does not put them off. This is where email capture tactics come in. Here are a few suggestions to bear in mind:
- Avoid upsetting your clients
- Provide them with an incentive
- Take into consideration the mobile audience.
These recommended practices enable you to communicate with clients without bothering them or interfering with their browsing experience on your website. When using an email capture application, you want to avoid doing anything that would cause your consumers to be inconvenienced. Likewise, if it comes out as bothersome or in their way, people will not respond positively to it. You must thus use pop-up invitations that show at the appropriate moment on your website. We suggest placing them near the conclusion of your webpage.
- Make certain that you are providing a lead magnet.
- Deals, competitions, and other techniques are examples of what is possible.
- As indicated in the graph above, the number of people using mobile internet is increasing year after year.
- It is possible that you may lose out on potential clients if you do not.
Visitors may become overwhelmed if they are pulled in numerous ways at the same time, resulting in them taking no action. Even worse, sending out an excessive number of emails might generate frustration, which can result in potential buyers leaving your site without converting.
Keep in mind that you must continue to use email captures in order to grow your company. Always be on the lookout for new ideas and initiatives that you may implement to attract additional subscribers. Keeping up with the latest capture programs while striving to make them as efficient as possible is required for this to happen successfully. It also entails increasing the functionality of your various email capture systems. Always be on the lookout for methods to tailor your communications to better appeal to your visitors.
- Building a strong eCommerce presence is possible as you develop your email capture software and automated marketing software infrastructure.
- You may accomplish this with email capture, which allows you to send emails to those who express an interest in your company.
- In order to increase leads and conversions for your company, it is vital to foster and manage client connections.
- We’ve compiled a list of the finest email capture tools to assist you in your search for the best email capture tools to gather emails.
Here’s an example of a form that collects email addresses: Omnisend is a fantastic omnichannel solution that helps marketers to cover everything from increasing sales to establishing an email list with a single platform. With the aid of Omnisend, you can create sign-up boxes, pop-ups, landing pages, and ‘Wheel of Fortune’style generating games, which give visitors the opportunity to spin the wheel in exchange for providing contact information. By doing so, you can ensure that your website provides a terrific user experience.
For online business owners, having access to a variety of channels through a single application makes it easier for them to keep their customers engaged.
This email capture software includes cart abandonment sequences, automation workflows, and sales cycle optimization, among other features.
Customer communications are simplified with Omnisend.
This includes cross-selling promotions, order confirmations and reactivation notes. It also includes delivery alerts and reactivation notices for current customers. Try out the free version of Omnisend to learn how to gather emails and how to use it.
Email Collection Bar
Take a look at this example of a web form that collects email addresses: Omnisend is a fantastic omnichannel solution that helps marketers to cover everything from increasing sales to creating an email list with a single solution. When using Omnisend, you can create sign-up boxes, pop-ups, landing pages, and ‘Wheel of Fortune’-style generation games that provide viewers the opportunity to spin the wheel in exchange for providing contact information to the company. By doing so, you can ensure that your website provides a wonderful user experience.
Online store owners will find it more convenient to retain engagement if they can have access to several channels through a single application.
Cart abandonment sequences, automation processes, and sales cycle improvement are all supported by this email collecting software.
In addition to cross-selling promotions, order confirmations, reactivation reminders, shipment notifications, and reactivation notices, Omnisend simplifies the delivery of numerous communications to current clients.
Justuno is one of the most effective email capture solutions available. These are powerful digital marketing tools that may be used for analysis, lead collection, sales, and a variety of other tasks. Its list-building tool comes with customized email capture templates, such as a little pop-up in the corner and exit intent pop-ups. It also includes a full-page banner, a notification at the top of each page, and a bigger pop-up in the middle. Users are also given the option of selecting from a variety of professional themes to match the theme to their company’s branding.
Your lead capture form may be displayed to visitors who are visiting your website for the first time.
Additionally, you have the option of customizing your banner so that it appears on a specified page.
Forms can also be configured to do a variety of different activities, such as lead generation.
Subscriptions are charged according to the number of monthly sessions: $29/month for 10,000 monthly sessions, $49/month for 25,000 monthly sessions, and $99/month for 50,000 monthly sessions.
Get a one-on-one Omnisend demonstration that will help you supercharge your next campaign! Request My Demonstration