Digital Creative is measured in Pixels and is presented as Width x Height. There are standard industry sizes which may be referenced by Pixel Dimensions or Banner Name. Universal Ad Sizes include:
Other Standard Ad Units…
- 970×90 – Super Leaderboard
- 120×60 – Button 2
- 88×31 – Microbar
Rich Media Display Units
Following is a 728×90 Expanding Ad. Upon interaction, which in this instance is defined as “on-click”, the ad expands to 728×180. This creative size is well within Interactive Advertising Bureau’s recommended max expansion size for this ad unit. Additional IAB Max Expansion recommendations are noted below, of course individual Publisher sites may choose to set their own Max Expansion parameters within the IAB parameters.
300×250 to 600×250
180×150 to 600×150
160×600 to 600×600
300×600 to 600×600
728×90 to 728×315
One more thing about expanding ads: In addition to expansion dimensions, advertising specs for expanding ads also include expansion direction, which can vary by ad unit and Publisher site.
The Minimum Required Controls for In-Banner Video creative is the same as for In-Stream Video: Play, Pause, and Mute buttons. Where video play is auto-initiated like the above creative, the default setting for Audio is Mute
Floating Rich Media
Standard Mobile Ad Units
Feature Phone – Static Image Ad Sizes
Smart Phone – Static Image Ad Sizes
IAB Rising Stars Display Ad Units
- Billboard – A 970×250 ad unit designed with options for rich interactivity to display prominently inline with Publishers webpage content. A distinct feature of the Billboard is a close button that a user may click to collapse the ad completely if the user doesn’t want to see the ad.
- Filmstrip – An ad unit template that is 350×3000 pixels, divided into five 350×600 pixel segments that scroll by user interaction though a 350×600 pixel placement.
- Portrait – An ad unit template that uses up to three interactive modules chosen (by the ad designer) from a variety of modular application options in a 350×1050 pixel space.
- Pushdown – An ad unit template designed for rich interaction in a space similar to, but larger than, an expanding leaderboard, with initial dimensions of 970×90 pixels and expanded dimensions of 970×415 pixels. When the ad is expanded, it pushes page content down rather than displaying over the top of page content as most expandable ads do.
- Sidekick – An ad unit template initially displayed as one of three standard ad unit dimensions (300×250; 300×600; 970×250), but upon user initiation, pushes publisher content to the left to display a canvas of up to 970×550 pixels full of rich interaction.
- Slider – An 970×90 ad unit template designed with an overlay slider that rests at the bottom of a publisher’s page and when prompted by user interaction, slides page content to the left for a canvas of 970×550 pixels full of rich interaction possibilities for user engagement.
IAB Rising Stars Mobile Ad Units
- Filmstrip – A scrolling, multi-panel ad spec’ed for full screen implementation (phone or tablets) and as a 300×600 unit within content on tablets
- Pull – A two component Smartphone or Tablet ad unit, starting with a top or bottom screen banner ad that vertically pulls a full screen ad experience on user interaction.
- Adhesion Banner – Positioned at the bottom of the Smartphone or Tablet display, the persistent ad unit appears/disappears as the user interacts with the device or content.
- Full Page Flex – This full screen ad experience is designed to responsively fit across Smartphone and Tablet devices with consistent behaviors.
- Slider – A two component Smartphone or Tablet ad unit, starting with a standard ad banner that, on user interaction, horizontally slides a full screen interactive ad experience.