How to Use Confirmation Emails to Make More Money
- Monetize on referrals.
- Encourage customers to share on social.
- Use it as an opportunity to upsell and cross-sell.
- Reward customers for loyalty (encourage them to purchase again)
- Add relevant links and contact information to answer questions.
How do you write a good confirmation email?
How to Write Confirmation Emails that Delight and Convert
- Confirm Email Signups to Maintain Your Subscriber List Integrity.
- Provide Clear Next Steps.
- Help Prospects Understand the Steps Required to Meet a Goal.
- Promote Your Products and Services in a Non-Salesy Way.
- Confirm Purchases With a Reward.
Can I use confirmation email as receipt?
Most marketers treat confirmation emails like a receipt (which, in a way, it is). Customers may read these email receipts, but more often than not, they’re saved for later and filed away. If your confirmation emails are simply receipts, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table.
Why do companies send confirmation emails?
In simple terms, the reason why companies send confirmation emails is to get the first interaction from the owner of the email. This is done to ensure that: Following emails won’t end up in the Spam box. Recipients are willing to receive more emails from the sender.
What is a confirmation email?
A confirmation email is an email sent to a customer after an online purchase or signup. Because confirmation emails are triggered by the user’s actions, your customers are expecting something—which means they open, notice, and engage with confirmation emails more than they might with other email types.
How do I write I hereby confirmation?
“I hereby confirm the police chief to a six-month term,” the colonel said announced into the microphone, and there was no dissent. We hereby confirm previous reports showing that recovery of hematological parameters may take a few weeks or even more [15 17].
How do you write a business confirmation letter?
Typically you’ll start the salutation line with the word “dear,” followed by “Mr.” or “Ms.” and the first and last name of the recipient of the letter. Place a colon at the end of the person’s name to start the letter. If the person is a doctor, use “Dr.”
Is an order confirmation proof of purchase?
Stores which accept returns may require proof of purchase, often in the form of a receipt. Some major retailers may accept reference numbers, usually allocated on invoices and confirmation emails as proof of purchase.
How do I email Acknowledgement payment?
With the payment of Rs. XXXXX, we would like to inform that you have paid all your debts and there is no balance amount remaining for payment. We sincerely appreciate your promptness regarding all payments from your side. You have always fulfilled the promises made by you regarding deadlines and payments.
What is an order confirmation invoice?
An invoice is in order. Confirmation is just confirming that they got your order. Gives the buyer a chance to correct anything. When the invoice is issued depends on the terms. A receipt just shows payment.
Should I keep confirmation emails?
Confirmation emails are important because they confirm that a customer action was successful, include important information, and give directions for next steps. All types of confirmation emails have high open and click-through rates, which give you more upsell opportunities.
What happens when you don’t get a confirmation email?
If you haven’t received any email updates about your order, it is likely the emails were marked as spam. Some email providers may mark our emails as spam or completely block them.
Should I keep order confirmation emails?
Order confirmation emails, however, are an essential part of your business practice. They may not directly influence conversion rates, but they can increase (or eliminate) brand loyalty. They’re a message customers want and expect to receive because they contain information of value.
How To Generate More Revenue Through Confirmation Emails?
Customers expect to get confirmation emails, which are among the most important emails they may expect to receive. The good news is that these are the emails that are opened the most frequently and, as a result, provide a high return on investment. Learn all you need to know about how to utilize confirmation emails to make more income.
What Is A Confirmation Email?
In the context of your website, a confirmation email is a form of transactional message that you send to certain website users in order to confirm an activity that has just been accomplished. Customers and prospects will be assured that you are working hard to make your services as transparent and user-friendly as possible by sending confirmation emails. This demonstrates your commitment to your consumers and increases their interest in your company. The following are the most often encountered reasons for sending confirmation emails:
- Customer account creation and activation
- Order placement and payment
- Modifications to username and login information. The transportation or distribution of products
How Confirmation Emails Help To Increase Revenue?
Confirmation emails are, without a doubt, among the most important types of emails that consumers expect to receive. Maintaining communication with clients and prospects helps to build a stronger bond between the two of you. Furthermore, confirmation emails help to lessen the likelihood of consumers having second thoughts about their actions being verified and carried out. For example, sending an order confirmation email after an order has been placed satisfies the consumer that his request has been recognized and is in process.
Because of better click-through, open, and conversion rates in confirmation emails, they generate more revenue per email sent.
The majority of businesses consider confirmation emails to be receipts.
If the confirmation emails are nothing more than receipts, you might be losing out on a significant amount of money.
Ways To Increase Revenue Using Confirmation Emails
A welcome email is the very first email communication that a firm has with a prospective customer or customer. It is frequently included in onboarding emails that assist consumers in becoming familiar with the business. Because they only recently provided you with their email address, your firm is still fresh in their thoughts. This early confirmation provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Promote the most recent products or services available
- In order to demonstrate how your product may provide value to your consumers, you should: In addition, provide customers with extra incentives, such as free delivery or a rapid return. Obtain a sale or any other activity, such as a download, by promoting it.
Using CBT Mass Email Sender to aid you with this role is recommended since it may be difficult to send timely welcome emails to all of your new subscribers while also juggling all of your other tasks. Even worse, you could end yourself losing out on a handful of them as a result. With CBT email sender, on the other hand, you can pre-schedule your welcome letters and have them automatically sent anytime someone subscribes to your emailing list.
2. Target Cart Abandoners With Remarketing
The following are the most common reasons for shopping cart abandonment:
- Unexpected expenditures (such as taxes, shipping, or other fees)
- Unforeseen liabilities The whole cost is prohibitively expensive
- It’s possible that the individual is simply browsing. There is a problem with the website
- They might be able to locate a better offer on another site. The technique appears to be overly complicated
- Risks to one’s safety
Mailing abandoned basket reminders to customers and offering them a discount or other promotional offers may persuade them to complete their purchase activity may be a good idea.
If shoppers complete their purchases, you will be the winner of the bargain. If your email is not received, you may contact them via a survey to find out more information.
3. Order Confirmation Email
When an order is placed, confirmation emails do not cease to be sent. Throughout the process, you must keep your consumers informed of any developments. Each step is a valid cause to send another update to the client.
- Order has been confirmed
- Order is in the process of being dispatched Products are delivered to customers. Follow up (include a survey and express appreciation for their comments)
- These communications would also be appreciated by the consumer, since they would provide them with vital information regarding their order. These emails may also contain promotional materials promoting other products or services if you so choose. Product Upselling and Cross-Selling are also important. Since the cost of acquiring a new customer is increasing, the importance of upselling and cross-selling cannot be understated. Your order confirmation emails are an excellent location to promote other products. Upselling is the process of convincing a customer to acquire something identical to the item they already own, but at a slightly higher cost. Cross-selling is the practice of introducing additional things that are comparable to the item that the buyer has just purchased. This gives you the opportunity to assist folks in locating additional items they require, or even items they did not realize they required. You can simply promote more sales by predicting what your clients would like to purchase next and introducing the goods in your confirmation emails.
5. Attract More Social Media Followers
Incorporating social media networks into your confirmation emails is an excellent strategy for increasing your follower count. Increasing your follower count offers you the ability to target your unique audience on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. Email confirmations with link sharing features provide you with a large audience to whom you may market and sell your product or service. Given that they’ve already visited your website, you have a good idea of the types of items they’ve looked at and what they could be anticipating from you.
6. Reward Customers For Loyalty
The unfortunate fact is that just 32% of consumers return to make another purchase. However, branding to an existing client is six times easier. And you must do all in your power to encourage clients to return and conduct business with you again. According to the findings, consumer loyalty is insufficient to motivate regular purchases. Marketers must take advantage of this by offering consumers a discount code for their next purchase. Consumers are more likely to make regular purchases if they follow this technique.
7. Generate Reviews from Confirmation Emails
90 percent of people examine evaluations of a company before making a purchase, and 88 percent believe that these feedbacks are as reliable as explicit recommendations. A smart idea is to send out confirmation emails in order to increase the quantity of feedback you receive. It’s all about the timing in this case. After a customer has completed a transaction with you, ask for their opinion. Given the fact that they have just made a purchase from you, they are more inclined to provide feedback.
The primary objective of your order confirmation email is to confirm that your customer has placed an order with you. Things like soliciting recommendations, rating and shareholder information, upselling and cross-selling are second on the priority list. Don’t go overboard with anything. In your confirmation emails, be sure to include a range of strategies. Try several things and evaluate which ones work best for your organization. Your buyer may become disinterested if you try too hard; your goal is to keep them for the long haul.
How To Turn Transactional Emails Into Revenue Generators
The world belongs to Amazon, and we’re merely passing through it. At least, that’s how it feels the majority of the time. Take a look at the numbers:
- The number of active sellers on Amazon has increased to 2.3 million this year
- Amazon Prime has 126 million members in the United States alone
- Amazon’s sales income reached $75.5 billion in the first quarter of 2020
- And Amazon Prime has 126 million members worldwide.
Furthermore, over the past few years, the ecommerce behemoth has progressively increased its proportion of online retail expenditures, and there are no indicators that this trend will slow down. How did Amazon grow from a small online bookstore to a global powerhouse? Despite the fact that the site offers more than 12 million goods, it is simple to locate what you’re searching for owing to the site’s excellent search and navigation capabilities. There is no waiting time throughout the checkout procedure.
While it may be tough for direct-to-consumer firms to compete with Amazon on pricing or efficiency, there is one area in which Amazon does poorly: customer service.
Amazon’s strength (hundreds of thousands of merchants offering millions of items) is also one of its greatest vulnerabilities.
This is fantastic news for small, independent online businesses. How can you transform your one-on-one relationship with consumers into a profitable venture? Continue reading to find out:
- What consumers are looking for
- There are three ways that personalisation may benefit your bottom line: Tips for converting transactional email into revenue-generating campaigns
What customers want
When companies provide tailored experiences, 80 percent of consumers are more likely to make a purchase, and 44 percent of consumers are more likely to become repeat customers as a result of their unique shopping experience with a particular firm. It is undeniable that buyers want brands to provide them with an enjoyable purchasing experience. When it comes to offering considerate service, merchants, on the other hand, are falling short. The majority of consumers are dissatisfied with the continued lack of personalisation in their shopping experiences, despite their high expectations.
3 ways personalization can increase your bottom line
When it comes to choose where to spend their money online, buyers have an almost limitless number of options – just consider how many internet mattress firms advertise on the subway, or how many beauty subscription boxes are available throughout the world. A customized shopping experience is one method for a company to stand out in a competitive market, and it’s also a very sensible business decision from a financial sense. Three ways that tailoring your online purchasing experience might help you enhance your bottom line are as follows:
1. Increased Customer Retention
People don’t only purchase with their dollars; they shop with their emotions as well, according to a recent study. By providing a superior customer experience or by making them feel like they are a part of something valuable, you will be able to convince them to continue to choose your brand over that of your competitors and increase sales. According to Hubspot, a 5 percent improvement in client retention can result in a 25-95 percent boost in corporate income. Don’t lose sight of the importance of creating brand loyalty:
- Allow clients to learn more about your company by including an About Us page or an unique email from the founder in your marketing materials. By creating an online community or hosting pop-up events, they will have the opportunity to meet other consumers who share their beliefs. Reward them for sticking around by offering them a discount on their next purchase, loyalty points, or an ambassador program.
2. Higher AOV (Average Order Value)
“At the end of the day, increasing average order value translates into improved profitability and sustained success for your company.” marketing manager at Loop, Alex McEachern says You increase your average order value when you give customers things that are relevant to their order history or browsing behavior. Not only are shoppers more likely to purchase from you, but they are also more likely to spend more with you. The following are some thoughtful touches you may incorporate into your online purchasing experience to increase AOV:
- Compose packages of comparable items that buyers are more likely to purchase together
- Offer a discount or subscription for things that your consumers purchase in large quantities
- Customers might be upsold on supplementary goods throughout the checkout process.
3. New Business (Referrals)
Customer satisfaction is increased when businesses invest time and money in customizing the ecommerce experience. And those satisfied consumers bring in new clients by telling their friends and family about how amazing your company is. It’s a great thing to witness. Take a look at how the following Shopify merchants have profited from the development of brand evangelists:
- In the first month, Thrive Causemetics achieved an 18.4X return on investment from their referral program
- The average order value (AOV) from Pura Vida’s referral sales is 11 percent greater than normal orders
- In just 18 months, 100 percent Pure produced more than $244,000 in revenue through referrals.
Whether you formally implement a referral program or just satisfy your customers to the point that they can’t stop telling their friends about you, word of mouth marketing is a potent marketing strategy for ecommerce businesses of all sizes.
What methods do you use to persuade people to talk? Transactional emails are sometimes forgotten in ecommerce, but they are an excellent place to start if you are just getting started.
How to turn transactional emails into revenue generators
Yes, Amazon employs more than 1 million people in various locations throughout the world. However, have you ever had a look at their customer service communications? To put it frankly, Amazon’s email service is terrible. It has the appearance that they were authored and arranged by an artificial intelligence software. You have the ability to do better. Examine the transactional emails that Amazon is sending to customers, and how ecommerce firms may add a more personal touch to increase customer loyalty and grow revenue in the future.
Transactional Email1 – Abandoned cart
A good illustration is the abandoned cart email from Amazon, which reads: “You added some items to your basket. You should return to the store and purchase it.” Furthermore, the CTA button doesn’t truly need much action; after all, the word “View” is a very passive verb. Example of ecommerce (courtesy of Blume): Tips for increasing the amount of income generated by your abandoned cart emails:
- Obtain product reviews from customers to help you overcome any reservations you may have. Incorporate your company’s branding into the content or design to attract potential customers. Provide a special incentive to encourage the customer to finish the transaction. Provide client service or a one-on-one consultation with a shopping professional
Transactional Email2 – Subscription activation
As an example from Amazon: “Ah, yes.” Nothing says “personalization” quite like sending an email to someone using both their first and last name. While we’re on the subject of automated messages, this is actually Amazon’s best one: even though it’s simply written in text, the tone is kind, the advantages rundown is informative, and a navigation bar at the top is a great touch. It’s as if they’re trying to get me to become a customer. An ecommerce case study (Birchbox): Tips for increasing income from your membership activation emails include the following:
- To provide personalised product suggestions, you should invite new members to complete a questionnaire on your website. Emphasize any VIP perks you may have
- Provide members with access to a private online community to increase the likelihood that they will renew their subscription
Enjoying this article?
To receive more content like this, sign up for our newsletter, which will be delivered to your inbox once a week.
Transactional Email3 – First purchase
Example: Once you’ve paid for your first Prime order, Amazon will send you some design components and product marketing to help you promote your business. However, there is no mention of relationship development in the content, and if you read the tiny print at the bottom of the email, you will discover that you are not permitted to respond to their “welcome” letter. It’s quite chilly. The following is an example of ecommerce (Vellabox): Tips for increasing income from your first purchase emails include the following:
- Make consumers feel welcome with your text
- Make them feel as though they are a part of something special. Send the message on behalf of a team member or the company’s founder
- Give individuals the opportunity or urge them to respond to the email with comments or questions
Transactional Email4 – Shipping confirmation
Example from Amazon: Another message in the spirit of “simply the facts” from everyone’s favorite ecommerce behemoth. Curiously, Amazon’s order and delivery confirmation emails do not specifically indicate the things that have been purchased – which might be perplexing if you are a regular or impulsive Prime shopper who purchases many items at once. For example, the Carnivore Club is an ecommerce site. Tips for increasing income from your delivery confirmation emails include the following:
- Acknowledge and thank the consumer for making an informed purchase decision
- With the copy, you may create a sense of anticipation for the delivery. Direct people to your exchange policy
- Make it simple for consumers to get in touch with customer support if they have questions.
Transactional Email5 – Delivery confirmation
As an illustration, consider the following from Amazon: That Amazon is inquiring about my shipping experience is a pleasant touch, and I love that there is an option to return or swap the item.
Although this is a straightforward statement with no trace of color or compassion, it is yet effective. An ecommerce case study (Teleflora): Tips for increasing income from your delivery confirmation emails include the following:
- The package’s arrival should be celebrated
- Product usage suggestions should be shared in order to decrease return rates
- Make recommendations for relevant items
- Encourage more purchases with a special offer
Transactional Email6 – Refund
As an illustration, consider the following from Amazon: This refund confirmation email from Amazon is standard operating procedure — there is no mention of the product or the merchant, there is no attempt to inquire as to what went wrong, and there are no next steps if you have any further issues. Example of ecommerce (from Figleaves): Tips for increasing income through refund mailings include the following:
- Allow for the possibility that the customer’s experience was less than satisfactory
- And Continue to encourage them to shop by offering them free shipping or credit toward their next purchase. Provide suggestions for obtaining a product in a better size or style than the one that was ordered
- In order to demonstrate that you are paying attention, ask for product or delivery comments.
Transactional Email7 – Subscription cancellation
Allow for the possibility that the customer’s experience was less than ideal. With free delivery or a credit towards their next purchase, you can keep them shopping! Provide suggestions for obtaining a product in a more suitable size or style than that which was requested; and To demonstrate that you are paying attention, request product or delivery feedback.
- If you issued an activation email from a team member or founder, you should also send a cancellation email from that same individual. Consider offering them VIP customer service if they are prepared to give you another chance. Remind the consumer of why they signed up for the service in the first place. Incorporate any information regarding any loyalty points or referral incentives that they may have left behind.
When it comes to consumer interactions, Amazon hasn’t spent nearly as much effort on the email side of the equation as it has on improving the overall online purchasing experience. Because of this, direct to consumer (DTC) marketers have the opportunity to provide a more customized customer experience with every email sent – including transactional emails. Customers who are pleased with their purchases and referrals become repeat customers and referrers, therefore if you haven’t looked at your automated emails recently, you are most likely losing money.
Want a free landing page teardown?
In exchange for your time, we will deliver a data-driven evaluation of the usability and effectiveness of your website.
About the Author
Juliana Casale is the founder of the Quick Wins Department, which was established in 2012. Since 2000, she has worked with ecommerce merchants, B2B firms, and software as a service (SaaS) organizations to increase website conversion rates and provide more holistic client experiences.
Confirmation email examples that increase sales and revenue
Despite the fact that confirmation emails (also known as transactional emails) provide incredible chances for growing sales and conversions, they are sometimes disregarded by marketers. Find out how such emails may help you create more sales and make a significant contribution to the overall success of your marketing communications strategy. Contrary to common opinion, transactional emails can be used for marketing reasons by businesses other than e-commerce businesses. It is possible for every business to send confirmation emails to clients, and these basic letters present several chances for cross-selling, upselling, and earning more money.
As a result, not utilizing these communications for marketing objectives is a grave error.
What is a confirmation email?
Despite the fact that confirmation emails (also known as transactional emails) provide incredible chances for growing sales and conversions, marketers frequently disregard them. Find out how such emails may help you produce more sales and make a significant contribution to the overall success of your marketing communications campaign. Contrary to common opinion, transactional emails can be used for marketing reasons by businesses other than e-commerce corporations. It is possible for every business to send confirmation emails to clients, and these basic letters present countless options for cross-selling, upselling, and other forms of income generation.
Is it true that confirmation emails have an average open rate of 3-4 percentage points more than other forms of correspondence (70-80 percent)? As a result, not utilizing these communications for marketing objectives is a grave oversight.
- Purchase confirmation (or order placing)
- Password/account details updates
- Shipping or delivery of an item
- Account registration / activation
Confirmation emails reassure prospects and customers that you are committed to providing services that are as straightforward and convenient as possible. Consider the scenario of making an online purchase and not receiving a confirmation email. It is possible that you will experience reactions. Is my order still in process? When can I expect my merchandise to be delivered? Was the payment processed successfully? Is it possible that I’ve been duped? Such inquiries from your consumers are certainly not something you want to hear.
Cross-selling Because customer acquisition expenses are growing, it is critical to increase the average order value and cross-sell to increase the average order value. In your order confirmation emails, you have an excellent opportunity to upsell further items. Identify and direct your consumers to other things they require – or even products they did not realize they required! Intelligently anticipating what your consumers may want to purchase next and promoting the items in your confirmation emails, you can quickly increase your sales conversion rate.
- automate the distribution of bespoke post-purchase emails with things that have been intelligently chosen for each recipient Following the behavior of your users, Pushwoosh algorithms predict what will pique the attention of your clients.
- Upselling Consider the following scenario: your user has recently purchased your standard-level subscription.
- Following their reading of the increased value of a more costly subscription plan, there is a probability that some consumers may elect to upgrade (if not immediately, then at some point in the future).
- So why go to all of that trouble with a new customer when you already have customers who have made purchases from you in the past?
- Clearly, this should be the most prominent piece of information, but it should not be the only piece of information.
- If your clients are pleased with the items they have purchased from you and realize that they may save money on the next thing they purchase from you, they will be much more likely to do business with you in the future.
- In order to recruit new consumers, it is necessary to spend six to seven times as much as it takes to keep existing clients.
Additionally, regular customers make an average of 67 percent more purchases than non-regular customers. Make your confirmation emails more effective by using the Pushwooshemail service. This will help your sales and income rise!
How to Squeeze Revenue from Confirmation Emails
One of the most effective methods of communicating with your consumers is through email. Sending confirmation emails to your current customers will help you build a deeper relationship with your existing customer base. It keeps them up to date on the situation. Instead of second-guessing if their order was processed successfully or whether an activity they performed was effective, they will be able to relax. As a result, confirmation emails are required by law for all businesses. If you are not already sending confirmation messages, you should begin doing so immediately.
- If the email is simply a receipt, you are not taking use of the full marketing possibilities of this strategy.
- Consider the email marketing efforts that you are now running.
- What are your current open rates and click-through rates (CTRs)?
- So, from a marketing standpoint, this is a very advantageous situation.
- I’ve had a lot of success with this method, and I’ve also been able to assist other businesses in increasing their profits by sending out confirmation emails.
Always send welcome messages to new subscribers
Let’s start at the very beginning of the process. Make touch with a new subscriber right away, rather than waiting for your next email or promotional message. If you do that, it might be several weeks or even months before this individual receives a response. As soon as they join up, send them a welcome message to say thank you. Because they only recently gave you with their email address, your company’s name is still fresh in their minds. This early confirmation provides an excellent opportunity to urge a transaction or some other action, such as a download, from the customer.
Double opt-in landing pages are one of my favorites since they assist to eliminate bogus email addresses from your subscriber list.
Take, for example, the effect of a double opt-in welcome message on your open rates: After you’ve convinced the new subscriber to open your message, it’s time to cash in on your efforts.
- Promote your company’s newest product or service
- Explain how your company can provide value to the consumer
- And Provide customers with additional incentives, such as free delivery or a simple return process. Give a discount to your customers. They are also effective. Everyone enjoys a good bargain
Consider the following scenario: you own an online store. In most cases, when someone joins up for your email subscriber list, it is reasonable to assume that they have a real interest in purchasing anything. Well, a welcome email confirmation with a discount offer could just be the deciding element in converting a subscriber into a paying client in the first place. Here’s an excellent illustration of this method from GAP: Please keep in mind that the deal is only valid for 30 days.
Making your promotional offer time-sensitive is another effective technique to entice customers to make a purchase. Send a confirmation email to your subscribers immediately away, along with a welcome note, to get them accustomed to receiving them.
Remind shoppers about their abandoned shopping carts
This is something that happens to everyone who has an ecommerce website. When customers shop online, they look for products and add them to their shopping carts, but they never finish the checkout procedure. This is quite discouraging. In many cases, the customer was only a click or two away from completing a purchase on the website. Just because a cart has been abandoned does not imply that you should abandon the transaction. If a consumer visited their unique customer profile on your website and entered their email address, you will have their email address on file.
Some of the most common reasons for cart abandonment are as follows:
- Taxes, shipping, and other expenses were not anticipated
- The price was excessive
- The shopper was only browsing
- There were technical difficulties with the website
- They discovered a better deal elsewhere
- The procedure was too hard
- Security issues were raised.
If it seems that the price was the primary reason for this individual’s failure to finish the purchase process, send them an email offering a discount or other promotional offer. Take, for example, how Kate Spade New York achieves this with their cart abandonment messages: ” The client now has an additional incentive to make a purchase. They were already interested in those things in the first place, so the discount can be a deciding factor in whether or not they make the purchase final. Following the completion of their online cart checkout, customers will continue to get confirmation emails from you, which I will describe in further detail later.
If your cart abandonment rate is high, you may still make money by sending confirmation messages to customers who have abandoned their carts.
Keep the customer updated once they place an order
As previously stated, the confirmation emails do not cease to be sent once a consumer has placed their transaction. This means that you must maintain them up to date during the entire procedure. Each step serves as an excuse for you to send another message to the recipient. These messages will be highly received by the consumer as well, since they will provide them with vital information regarding their purchase. Every time someone purchases something online, you have an excuse to send the buyer four confirmation emails, which should be sent in this order:
- Order has been verified
- Package has been despatched
- And items have been delivered Follow-up is necessary.
The order confirmation message is short and to the point. This will serve as their official receipt. Please include your order number, goods, and a cost breakdown in your message. However, it may be more than simply a piece of paper. With this confirmation, you may also market additional items in the same way as Targetdoes: When the shipment is picked up from your warehouse and the shipping procedure begins, send them another email informing them of the delivery carrier and tracking details for the package.
People are not usually at home during the day.
They are aware that something will be waiting for them when they get home from work each day.
Finally, around one week after the order has been delivered, you can send them a follow-up note.
Include a poll and get comments from your audience. You want to know if they were satisfied with the ordering process and, more importantly, if they are satisfied with your product or service. There are a few things that this final message in the drip sequence does. It:
- Customers will know you value their feedback if you supply them with details about your product and manufacturing process. This will also enhance customer interaction, and it will serve as an excuse to send another confirmation email.
Nevertheless, there is a snag. It is essential that all four of the messages you just delivered to the consumer after they made an order contain information that is more than simply their evident worth. Remember to include promotional content as well, just as Target did in the preceding example. Give a discount to your customers. Tiny Prints uses the following language in their confirmation emails: Additional discounts provide a compelling cause for customers to return again and again. It allows you to extract more money from a single individual.
Upsell and cross-sell
In addition, as you can see from some of the previous instances, upselling and cross-selling techniques may be integrated into these confirmation emails as well. Upselling is the practice of encouraging a consumer to purchase a product that is comparable to the one they currently own but at a higher price range. Cross-selling is the practice of promoting additional items that are linked to the one that the buyer has just purchased. Consider the following scenario: a consumer purchases a set of headphones or another electronic gadget from your ecommerce business, such as a tablet or a PC.
Provide them with a protective case or travel bag to ensure that their new purchase is kept secure.
Increasing earnings is a terrific method to grow your business, especially if you’re marketing to an established consumer base.
So if you’re offering an upsell or cross-sell promotion, you’re clearly marketing to the proper audience in this situation.
Encourage social sharing to gain referrals
The individual who receives your confirmation emails should not be the sole one from whom you are attempting to extract further funds. These individuals have friends and family members who may be able to provide additional sources of income if they are approached. All you have to do now is make them aware of your brand. That is why you must urge your followers to spread the word about your work. Whether you’re offering a discount or a share link for social networking websites like Facebook or Twitter, make sure to include it in your confirmation message.
- Although some will do it out of goodwill, not everyone will go out of their way to help.
- You must reciprocate by providing them with something of value.
- It’s straightforward and effective.
- Because they will want to take advantage of their discount or incentive, the client who made the recommendation is quite likely to purchase from you again.
Moreover, guess what? As previously noted, new subscribers will also get a welcome message from you, in which they will be asked to confirm their subscription. It is a cycle that is effective.
Every email that is sent out to customers must have a clear strategic purpose. While you may like to send your clients a promotional message every day in order to increase sales, subscribers may not choose to receive such messages on a daily basis. In fact, receiving an excessive amount of emails is the most common cause for customers to unsubscribe from email lists. You must make the most of every message you are able to convey in order to be effective. Confirmation emails are the ideal vehicle for disguising advertising messages.
- To ensure that new subscribers are aware that they have been added to your email list, you should always send them a welcome message.
- If the consumer does not finish the checkout process, send a cart abandonment reminder email with a discount as an incentive for them to do so.
- Inform them when their orders have shipped and when they have been delivered.
- You may also encourage your subscribers to share these specials with their friends and family members as a means of acquiring additional clients and increasing your revenue stream.
Confirmation Emails: The Ultimate Guide with Examples for 2021
Time allotted for reading: 10 minutes Ord confirmation emails are a sort of automated email that is sometimes disregarded in ecommerce marketing, even though they are quite important. This is what we noticed after examining recent automation processes that were submitted using Omnisend’s platform. In fact, what we discovered was a real eye-opener.
1. Order confirmation emails
On average, Omnisend clients that have enabledOrder Confirmation processes receive the following benefits as compared to the rest of the automation workflows.
- Open rates have increased by 54 percent, while click rates have increased by 85 percent. Emails generate 3.8 times more revenue than other methods.
Because of this, we chose to demonstrate to you how your company may benefit from Omnisend’s order confirmation emails. You’ll learn the following things in this section:
- The average KPIs that our customers receive from order confirmation emails are as follows: What are the advantages of receiving order confirmation emails
- What makes order confirmation emails so effective
- Why are order confirmation emails so effective
- How to improve order confirmation emails in order to increase click-through rates and sales
1. The proven benefits of order confirmation emails
Check out the reasons why order confirmation emails are so important and why you can’t afford to ignore them. We’ll start by taking a look at some statistics. In the case of automated emails, the following are the metrics: It is clear from the data that order confirmations result in the greatest overall engagement rates across all engagement types. This type of high performance is due to the fact that order confirmation emails allow you to reach a more receptive audience—new customers—than you would otherwise have.
- When someone placed an order, there is a widespread expectation that the transaction will be verified by taking some action.
- Second, order confirmation emails represent a significant milestone in your customer’s journey via your company.
- This transition indicates that your company has gained sufficient confidence for someone to make a purchase from your store.
- Finally, order receipts can function as a stand-alone sales channel in their own right.
However, if someone makes a purchase from your company, the requirement of being a subscriber is no longer valid. As a result, order confirmation emails enable your company to sell more products.
2. The 3 reasons why order confirmation emails lead to amazing results
As a result of your understanding of how critical order confirmation emails are to your email marketing plan, let’s take a look at three reasons why order confirmation emails are doing so well. 1 Order confirmation emails should be received as soon as possible. Not many people are aware that order confirmation emails are considered to be the most valuable sort of communication by 64 percent of clients. According to the buyer’s point of view, the value is recognized in the form of receiving satisfaction following the completion of a transaction.
- Order confirmations have a high open rate, which explains why they are received in such large numbers.
- When it comes to order confirmation emails, customers are not only more attentive, but they also prefer to check them more frequently.
- When they call, they want to know if the address was entered correctly, when the order is scheduled to arrive, and how much the item was charged.
- 3 Order confirmation emails remain in the mind for a long time.
- According to Brain Rules, information that is visualized is memorized six times better than the same information that is written down.
- Order confirmations that are more visual in nature, on the other hand, have two advantages over other types of confirmations.
- They increase your brand awareness and consistency since receivers can readily identify your brand and scan purchase-related information
- They also help you save money. Therefore, branded order confirmations have a greater tendency to remain in the mind for a longer amount of time.
Applied in reality, this implies that consumers are referring to their order receipts as a starting point for future email communication.
3. How order confirmation emails can increase your engagement and sales
In the final (and most awaited) section of our purchase confirmation email guide, we’ll look at how you may enhance your engagement and sales with your order confirmation email. Consumers’ order confirmation emails give a marketing chance to reach out to new and existing customers at a time when their engagement levels are at their maximum peak. I’ll offer a few popular instances that our users have had tremendous success with in the section below. Several practical considerations should be kept in mind while creating your Order Confirmation workflow before applying any of these strategies:
- Purchase-related information should continue to be the primary emphasis of the email communication. Remember to make sure that the order details are the first thing that your customers see
- And don’t forget to update the default order confirmation message in Shopify with a simple “thank you” remark. If this is not the case, your consumers will receive two confirmation emails at the same time. Instructions on how to correct the problem may be found in our Knowledge Base. Omnisend offers you with an order confirmation template so that you can get started in minutes, making things easier on your end. As previously said, maintain the transaction-related information at the top of the page. Then, based on your company objectives, you can add extra content blocks at the bottom of the page.
Despite this, the email should still be centered around details about the purchase. Remember to make sure that the order details are the first thing that your customers see; and don’t forget to update the default order confirmation message in Shopify with a simple’thank you’ note. Your clients will receive two confirmation emails at the same time if you do not do this. Instructions on how to correct the problem may be found in our Knowledge Base; Omnisend offers you with an order confirmation template so that you can get started in minutes, making things easy on your end as well.
Keeping the transaction-related information at the top of your document is important, as previously stated. Next, based on your company’s objectives, add extra content blocks at the bottom.
- If your company sells things that are consumed quickly or that are regularly repurchased, you may try giving an incentive order once more. During the time when the product is about to be consumed, your customers will recall that there was a significant discount in the previous order confirmation email
- In the case of recent or trendy items (such as movies or clothing), encourage future sales by recommending your newest products along with a discount or a special offer. In a similar vein, depending on the market you’re in, you can highlight your best-selling or comparable items
3 Extending your reach and attracting a larger audience Given that your clients are more likely to take action, why not use this as a chance to educate or promote your content? If your consumers are pleased with their purchase, they will be more likely to find value in your videos or blog entries, which will increase your sales. The same principle applies to any social media contests you may be running. In the preceding section, we discussed the tactics that are delivering the best outcomes for our users.
I hope you gained some useful knowledge and came away with some fantastic ideas for how you can use it to your business.
2. Shipping confirmation emails
Customers will be delighted when they receive notification that their item has been dispatched thanks to the shipment confirmation workflow (a new automation procedure in Omnisend). Setup for this one is straightforward; all you need to do is choose Shipping Confirmation as the Trigger. When the fulfillment state is changed from unfulfilled to fulfilled, this process is triggered. While you may technically create a delay between the moment an order is completed and the time an email is delivered to your client, we don’t see any compelling need to do so in most cases.
1. Delight your customers—and make them remember you
If you have excellent news to share, do so as soon as possible. You should highlight to them that their order has been sent and is on its way to them at this point. You should not discount this, but rather turn it into a time of happiness and delight for your clients and prospects. As is always the case, you may customize the appearance of your delivery confirmation email to match your company’s branding and convey the appropriate message. Customers will remember you if you include your own branding in their shipment confirmation emails, so make sure to include it in yours.
2. Make them buy again from you
Another strategy to make advantage of your delivery confirmation emails is to ensure that your clients return to your site and make more purchases. Utilize it for more than just notifying your consumers that their item has been dispatched. Of course, this should be the most prominent piece of information (after all, you should offer your consumers what they want), but it should not be the only piece of information. Include aunique discount codes so that customers are aware that they may use them to make other purchases from you.
However, if they appreciate what they purchased from you and realize that they can receive the following item with free shipping or a 10 percent discount, they will be much more encouraged to purchase from you in the future.
All they’ll have to do is re-send the shipping confirmation email in order to take advantage of it.
3. Cancellation confirmation emails
Cancellations are never a good thing. Customers as well as merchants will agree that this is unquestionably true. After all, they’ll have to go through the full process of canceling the transaction, and then you’ll have to refund their money to their account as a result. The experience, on the other hand, does not have to be wholly awful. It is possible to turn this into a revenue-generating potential for your online shop. Let’s have a look at some of the more effective methods of accomplishing this.
1 Maintain your quality
The cancellation confirmation is quite similar to the shipment confirmation described above in that it is simple to set up. Simply choose it as a Trigger and make changes to the email content. While it is possible to postpone the procedure, doing so is not suggested because your clients will most likely want to get confirmation as soon as the purchase has been canceled, which is why you should avoid doing so. It’s rather simple to alter the content of your cancellation confirmation email using our content editor in order to ensure that it is compatible with your brand guidelines.
Maybe they purchased the wrong style, color, or size or maybe they’ve lost interest in that particular product altogether.
Remember, take advantage of any chance to promote your company’s image and reputation.
2 Recommend other products
It’s possible that they didn’t want or enjoy this particular product, but you should take use of this opportunity to showcase some of your greatest work. You may do this through the use of an automatic Product Recommender, such as the one we provide on our platform. You may use this to create automated product suggestions based on your best-selling items or your most recent additions to the catalog. This means you have the opportunity to excite them about what else you have to offer. Because everyone enjoys a good incentive, you can also include a motivation for them to come back for more in your package.
- Free delivery on the next order
- Free shipment after a specified amount (for example, on all orders over $50)
- A discount (10 percent -25 percent)
- A coupon code (10 percent -25 percent). a free gift with any order (or with any order that exceeds a specified dollar value)
There are a plethora of other methods you may encourage your clients to make more purchases in your cancellation confirmation emails. In the next part, we’ll teach you how to create the most profitable combinations of confirmation emails that can significantly increase your sales on autopilot.
4. Confirmation email combinations to increase your sales on autopilot
When used in conjunction with purchase confirmation emails, shipment confirmation emails, and cancellation confirmation emails can assist you in boosting the lifetime value of your customers, hence increasing your sales. You may take use of the fact that customers are anxious to get order updates, and they naturally have a high open and click rate, to your advantage.
According to the data, order confirmation emails had a massive 65 percent open rate and a staggering 17 percent click rate. You’d be insane if you didn’t take advantage of this situation.
1 Order confirmation and shipping confirmation
You can tailor the email to not only reflect your brand but also urge your consumer to make a second purchase after you have your order confirmation and delivery confirmation automation workflows set up. The fact that you have so many order automation procedures means there is no reason to spend any additional time, as you’ll want to send the information to your client as fast as possible. Simply choose ‘Order Placed’ as the trigger for order confirmation and ‘Fulfilled status is fulfilled’ as the trigger for shipment confirmation in this section.
We’ve previously noted that you may use purchase confirmation to perform a variety of things, such as soliciting feedback, giving discounts, or displaying your best-selling items.
This might be as easy as a “We’d love to have you back!” comment, as generous as an unbelievable discount, or as simple as a display of your new products.
2 Order confirmation and cancellation confirmation
In most cases, when clients cancel purchases, it is not the best news for the business. You should, however, view this as a chance to turn that potential into a sale, rather than being dissatisfied and simply sending the cancellation confirmation email to the customer. Keep in mind that order emails have extremely high open and click rates. Each step made by the consumer is an additional chance for you to market your product or service. Customers may also cancel orders for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Incorrect size, color, or picture (for example, in the case of graphic tees)
- The shipping time is very long. There is a more affordable option accessible elsewhere
- It is no longer required
- Unfavorable reviews that cast doubt
Incorrect size, color, or picture (as in the case of graphic tees), among other mistakes. There is a significant lag in shipping times. Other locations provide a more affordable option. Currently not required. Doubt was aroused by negative reviews.
See what driving sales on autopilot feels like with Omnisend’s pre-built confirmation workflows
GET STARTED FOR FREE TODAY