For businesses, Story Pins represent an excellent opportunity to showcase expertise and engage people with valuable content. With the ability to include more multimedia, more text, and more links, you can grab people’s attention, get them engaged, and then get them clicking to your website.
Can you promote Story Pins on Pinterest?
Once you’ve been approved to use Story Pins, you can create them in the “Create” tab the same way you would any other Pin, but with the added advantage of being able to combine multiple images, videos, and text to promote your business in creative and unique ways.
What is the purpose of story pins?
Story Pins are multi-page Pins which give creators a chance to tell a story, engage their audience and even gain more followers! The beta version of Story Pins launched to select Pinterest business accounts in March 2020. The feature will continue to roll out to more Creators like you!
How can I improve my Pinterest marketing?
Pinterest Marketing Strategies
- Sign up for a business account.
- Choose the right categories for your content.
- Use unique images and videos.
- Leverage keywords.
- Add hashtags to your content.
- Share your content on other social networks.
- Follow, engage, and interact with other accounts.
- Use social media best practices.
How Pinterest can be used for marketing?
According to Pinterest Business, social media marketers turn to the platform to: Reach a new audience and grow an online presence. Drive more traffic to the business’s website or online store. Encourage conversions like newsletter sign-ups, ticket sales or purchases.
Are story pins worth it?
For businesses, Story Pins represent an excellent opportunity to showcase expertise and engage people with valuable content. With the ability to include more multimedia, more text, and more links, you can grab people’s attention, get them engaged, and then get them clicking to your website.
Are story pins available to everyone?
Story Pins are a work in progress and aren’t available to everyone yet.
How do you get more views on story pins?
You want your audience to interact so that your story pins get seen more. Talk about it in an Instagram story (if you have the swipe-up feature, link to one). Cross-promote all of your social media content. Give a call-to-action in your newsletter to follow you on Pinterest or to click through to a story pin.
What are Pinterest story pins?
Story Pins enable creators to tell dynamic and visual stories with videos, voiceovers and text overlays Pinterest. By Brandy Shaul. May 3, 2021. Pinterest’s Story Pins feature allows users to create visual posts containing videos, pictures, text overlays and more.
What are the benefits of Pinterest for business?
Top 5 benefits of a Pinterest business account
- Spot emerging trends. Pinterest is the number one platform where consumers share products, designs and trends that they’re loving.
- Increase brand authority.
- Drive website traffic.
- Access your analytics.
- Run ads and promoted Pins.
How does Pinterest help your business grow?
Pinterest is a social network where people can find inspiration and ideas for their interests and hobbies. Pins can also link back to websites, which is why Pinterest is great for driving traffic and sales. And most importantly for businesses, Pins help people find more information on products they’re looking to buy.
Can Pinterest help my business?
There are many reasons Pinterest is a great opportunity for businesses. It will help you introduce your business and blog to a whole new audience. One pin can lead to ten pins, which can lead to another ten pins, and so on.
How does Pinterest advertise to promote products and attract customers?
You have to add value to every touchpoint with your customer for them to engage with your content. To add value on Pinterest, try adding Pins that your audience will want to engage with that don’t include your product or business. You might offer added value by showcasing services or interests that compliment your own.
Why is Pinterest marketing important?
When you are an active and engaging business on Pinterest, you can increase the exposure of your brand through the things you create and the content you promote yourself. This leads to more users becoming aware of your brand and what it stands for through original content as well as sharing likeminded pins.
Story Pins: The Latest Strategy to Increase Followers on Pinterest
Pinterest, like other digital marketing platforms, is always changing and improving. The most recent is the introduction of Idea Pins. Idea Pins are a concept that is related to the concept of Instagram stories, but they are also quite distinct. They are intended to assist you in telling a story on Pinterest through the use of a succession of pages that include photographs, videos, and text. With 85 percent of Pinterest users accessing the site through their mobile devices, this format offers a new immersive, action-oriented experience that Pinners like.
The purpose of this post is to provide a deeper understanding of Idea Pins and how you can include them into your Pinterest marketing plan.
Idea Pins are being steadily introduced around the world.
What are Idea Pins? (formerly known as Story Pins)
As previously said, they are comprised of a sequence of 2-20 pins that when combined, create a whole tale. In fact, they are great for anything that requires stages or a collection of photographs, such as recipes, DIY projects, product roundups, and product reviews. Unfortunately, you are unable to include links in Idea Pins at this moment; thus, you must give enough value that the audience will want to follow you in order to see more of your material. PROTIP Pinterest suggests that you use a minimum of 5 pages in your narrative pins in order to deliver the maximum value.
Like Facebook responses, Pinterest visitors may “respond” to your Idea Pin by touching the heart to “love it” or long tapping the heart to pick a different reaction from the options available.
How to identify an Idea Pin
What is the difference between an Idea Pin and a Carousel pin? You might be asking what the difference is. In terms of visual identification, the Idea Pin is distinguished by a little symbol with a page count in its upper left corner (see image below). The carousel pin will display dots for the number of pages below the pin picture, indicating how many pages are currently shown. Now, there are a few further distinctions to be made: Pins for the Carousel:
- Contains 2-5 pin pictures (also known as cards)
- It is possible for each card to connect to a different URL. Users can leave comments on the pin or save it to a board. It might take many days or even weeks to see significant views and engagements.
Pins of Inspiration:
- It is possible to have up to 20 pages. Do not have the opportunity to include a link in your message
- Users can “react” to the pin by commenting on it or saving it to a board. User’s may quickly follow you or go straight to your profile by clicking on the pin right away. The ability to add up to ten subject tags to make indexing easier. Instantaneous visibility of outcomes in terms of views and engagements
Please observe the difference in traffic between a carousel pin and an Idea Pin that were both published on the same day in the image below.
This demonstrates that Pinterest distributes Idea Pins to a considerably bigger audience from the minute they are published on the platform.
When is the best time to post Idea Pins?
This is dependent on your target audience. Idea Pins may be revealed to users within minutes of being published, resulting in improved performance, as well as faster feedback and participation from the community. As a result, experiment with posting your Idea Pins on different days. Take a look at your Pinterest statistics to figure out which day(s) your audience is most engaged with your content. View the graph for a 30-day period and pick “engagements” from the drop-down menu above the graph to narrow your focus.
These are the greatest days for you to post in order to receive the most interaction.
How to use Idea Pins in your Pinterest Marketing Strategy
Initial thoughts on employing Idea Pins in your plan were negative because they don’t bring direct visitors to your website. However, after more consideration, I would encourage it. However, after putting them through their paces over the past several weeks and witnessing the enormous amount of interaction they generate, I have changed my tune. Consider the following: the Pinterest algorithm displays your pins to individuals who have interacted with any of your pins or pins that are similar to yours in the past.
Check out this blog post with two case studies showing how Idea Pins can actually bring in more sales!
Keep each page as minimal as possible. On each page, try to concentrate on a particular step, picture, statement, or action.
2. Use a mix of video and images
Because 96 percent of Pinterest users do not utilize sound, it is necessary to provide text overlays to draw attention to critical issues. Consider utilizing video as the cover page to catch visitors’ attention as they navigate around Pinterest (*note* Idea Pin covers, unlike the rest of the pages, cannot be altered once they have been published).
3. Optimize for quality and mobile viewing
The length of Idea Pins is somewhat more than the standard 2:3 ratio (9:16 instead of the usual 2:3), thus if you are designing visuals outside of Pinterest, use 1080 x 1920 pixels. Make use of high-quality photographs and movies (2-20 seconds in length) that are no more than 16 MB in size. Because mobile devices account for 85 percent of all users, make sure your content is legible and easy to read from a mobile device.
4. Mix it up!
Make each page visually interesting by varying the visual design on each page. On one, use a full-bleed picture or video, and on another, use a split-screen. Through the Idea Pin, you may experiment with text overlays and color combinations to create a coherent design. If you merely put all text on more than 5 or six pages, people may lose interest and abandon the document before it has been fully read and understood.
5. Be inspiring and actionable
Pinning new ideas, inspirational information, and actionable solutions that will motivate your audience to share or save your pin should be the primary focus of your efforts. Create an Idea Pin and make sure you include all of the information that someone could need to get started with their project (i.e.
supply lists, ingredients, etc.). Then, on the following pages, make sure that the text and graphics are clear and consistent. Text can be brief, but it should include context, directions, or information to assist Pinners in bringing your ideas to life via their creativity.
6. Use keywords and tags to get discovered
As a result, if you are making pin images on another platform, be sure to leave enough room for text when submitting your Story Pin.Adding text and titles to your Idea Pin that display keywords and popular concepts can help optimize your material so that it is surfaced in search results. According to Pinterest, it is recommended that you use “descriptive text(maximum of 250 characters per page) wherever possible to provide additional context about your Story Pin and help Pinterest surface it to the right users.Add as many relevant tags to your Idea Pin before you publish it to reach more people who are searching for those topics.” (You have the option of adding up to ten tags.)
7. Add a Call-to-action
Like any effective marketing plan, you should always include a call-to-action in your communications (CTA). When it comes to Idea Pins, I’ve found that it’s ideal to include a call to action on the last page, or once in the middle and once at the conclusion if there are several pages. A simple phrase like “Click my profile to follow for more information” should suffice. Alternatively, you might try include a call to action to follow you on another social media channel.
8. Leverage analytics and trends
To discover more about your target audience and the material that they are most interested in, use your on-pin statistics or Pinterest analytics to your advantage. View a closeup of your Idea Pin (or any of your other pins) to discover which boards others are pinning your pins to by clicking on the image. Is it of any significance? Also, when you begin to experiment with Idea Pins, I recommend keeping track of your following development. Although you won’t receive any direct click-throughs from Idea Pins, you will gain a lot of followers, which is a good conversion.
- If you are attempting to come up with content ideas for Idea Pins, have a look at what is presently popular on Pinterest using thePinterest Trendstool to get some inspiration.
- Check out THIS POST for a video guide on how to make an Idea Pin on both the desktop and mobile platforms.
- You will see that Idea Pins are distributed considerably more widely in a shorter period of time, resulting in a larger and more engaged audience!
- Despite the fact that Idea Pins have a broader reach, keep in mind that there is still no direct link to your website.
- Keep them as basic as possible.
- I prepared several Idea Pin templates for you to use as inspiration and to experiment with for the sake of having fun.
- This would be fantastic for your Instagram stories as well, *pssst*.
If you use them, please tag me @thehalcyonhive so that I can give you a mention on my stories!) This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you choose to click on one of the links and make a purchase, I will get a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
How Pinterest Story Pins Can Improve Your Marketing
Story pins are a great way to captivate your audience’s attention and provide them with something they want to learn more about on Pinterest further down the road. It is possible for you and your company to develop the type of inspiring material that your target audience is seeking for thanks to the latest Pinterest feature. Pinterest’s latest upgrade now allows you to create several pages of videos, photographs, and even text and links on the platform. Story Pins may be used in any marketing plan that is relevant to your company, or they can simply be used to encourage visitors to consume additional material on your website.
To be successful in their marketing approach, all you need to know is how story pins function and what you can do to make them work for you.
Pinterest Story pins are something I use whenever I want to learn more about my audience and interact with them more on Pinterest.
To assist you in getting started with Pinterest Story Pins for your business, allow me to go into further detail about what they are and how they may help you boost your marketing efforts.
What is Pinterest Story Pins?
Story Pins are an efficient approach to share tales or photographs that are relevant to your audience with your followers on Pinterest. Story Pins allows you to share photographs, videos, and inspiring tales about your life, whether you’re posting about your favorite vacation place, a preferred type of clothes, or a pet. By using Pinterest Story Pins, you can make it simple for visitors to find and interact with your content. Even if the story pins have an image, you may go beyond photographs and videos to submit information about the post, such as price information or information about the services and goods your company provides.
‘Story Pins’ are the newest Pinterest feature that enables you and your company to generate the type of inspiring material that your target audience is looking for, and they are free to use.
Tale Pins, which may range in length from five to twenty slides, giving you the opportunity to tell a story in far greater depth than you would be able to do on Instagram or Facebook, where your story would expire after a certain period of time.
Content producers will feel more powerful as a result of these narrative pins, and companies will have more possibilities to present their products and services to Pinterest users as a result of them.
Why should you use story pins for business marketing?
Using Story Pins, companies can design their own customized promotional boards, which is a unique marketing tool for the modern era. The boards may be used for a variety of purposes, including product launches, events, and promotions, as well as incentive programs. With Narrative Pins, you can make your company’s story come to life! You may utilize them to increase the reach, engagement, and legitimacy of your brand’s presence on Pinterest. A primary purpose of Story Pins is to increase the discoverability and searchability of your material on the site, even among other Pinterest users who are not already following you.
Improves Brand Discoverability
By clicking on the Discover Creators icon in the Story pin area, various Pinterest users may discover fresh and new material, which may include Story Pins from different companies. This provides you with an opportunity to get your brand known to the rest of the Pinterest community while also driving additional traffic to your Pinterest page.
Help Makes Your Brand Searchable
On your searches, you may also save Story pins that you find interesting. Because Pinterest is also a search engine, individuals who are looking for material that is comparable to yours are more likely to come across your business. Pinterest is also assisting you in developing your brand and company presence on the site. It provides you with real-time data about your audience, such as new Followers and profile visits in Pinterest Analytics, to demonstrate how your story pins are engaging with them on a deeper level.
How should you prepare your business for story pins?
Story pins are a fantastic technique to increase user engagement for your company on social media. Before you create your very first Story Pin for your company, there are a few things you need do to ensure that your first Story Pin is a success. Stop stressing about SEO and let me take care of it for youPS: Are you ready to collaborate with the 0.01 percent of all SEOs in the world? Clickhere.
1. Understanding your audience
Pinterest is a fantastic tool for connecting with your target audience. To make effective use of Pinterest, you must, however, communicate the appropriate message to the appropriate audience. You must first determine what kind of information they enjoy reading and what message you wish to convey to them. in order to appropriately engage with them Pinterest Analytics makes it easier for you to discover and understand the individuals you want to target with your business as a result of your efforts.
- Who is your target audience, and who do they put their confidence in? What are their issues and struggles
- What are their desires
- And how can we help them? What attracts the attention of your audience, both favorably and adversely
- What is it about your product or brand that they may benefit from
- In the event that they require further information, where do they turn to for it?
If you are able to answer all of these questions about your target audience, you will most likely be able to build good interaction with them while developing Story Pins for your company.
Prepare your multimedia
Pinterest strives to provide visitors with fresh and new material on a consistent basis, making it critical to have high-quality photographs, videos, and links available at all times. Create a visually appealing and captivating experience for your audience to enjoy and remember. Visuals may be used in a variety of ways, from the style of your site to the sort of material you provide. Story Pins are an excellent tool for promoting your company. Each Tale Pin is a feature that recounts the story of how you’ve utilized the product or service that you’re selling on your website.
Your diverse products or services can be advertised or promoted via the usage of these flyers. When you’re building your Story Pins, keep in mind who you’re designing them for: your audience. Allow your creative energies to flow freely!
Learn how to use the Pinterest Analytics
Using Pinterest Analytics may help you see how your audience is interacting with your content. It assists you in determining which pins are effective and which ones are not successful. Understanding your Pinterest analytics is straightforward. Simply log into your Pinterest business account and select the Analytics tab from the navigation bar. You can examine your posting activity, as well as which of your postings earned the most views and audience engagement, all in one convenient location.
Seeing your previous pins might inspire you to come up with new and innovative ideas.
How can Story Pins help improve your business marketing?
Story Pins are a terrific method to share tales about your company with your customers. They’re also a potent marketing tool that you can utilize to bring your company’s image and message to the forefront. These story pins provide a unique and personal touch to any shop environment in an instant. Detailed information about the company and its products is included on each pin so that customers know precisely what they’re getting when they purchase it. Story Pins are a simple yet powerful way to tell a story.
By utilizing Story Pins, you are encouraging your audience to visit your website and engage with more of your complete content.
Tips for Successful Story Pins
The ability to engage the audience is essential for a successful Story Pin. When you develop engaging Story Pins about your company, you can keep your audience’s attention for a longer period of time. This provides your audience more time to learn more about your company and motivates them to take action in response to what they have just witnessed. Here are some helpful hints to help you design more imaginative Story Pins to promote your company and increase sales: 1. Produce high-quality videos with eye-catching visual effects.
When your Story Pins are innovative and eye-catching, Pinterest visitors are motivated to click on your website and invest their time understanding more about what your business is.
To have a good Story Pin, you must first captivate your audience and then tell them what you want to say. Story Pins about your brand that are fascinating and engaging might help you keep your audience’s attention for extended periods of time. This provides your audience more time to learn more about your company and encourages them to take action in response to what they have just seen. Here are some helpful hints to help you design more imaginative Story Pins to promote your brand: 1. Produce videos of high quality with eye-catching images.
In order to improve your SEO, provide descriptive texts and relevant keywords on each of your Story Pin pages.
In order to increase the searchability and discoverability of your story pins on Pinterest, include hashtags in your posts. The more unique and eye-catching your Story Pins are, the more likely it is that Pinterest visitors will be motivated to visit your website and learn more about your company.
- How social media may assist your company in its growth
- 12 Ways a Digital Marketing Consultant Can Assist in the Growth of Your Company The Top 14 Tips for Increasing Social Media Engagement Rates are as follows:
Pinterest Story Pins (Idea Pins) Complete Guide (Plus 9 Tips And Examples For Business) — Andrew Macarthy – Social Media Marketing
Are you seeking for creative ways to leverage Pinterest Stories (also known as Idea Pins) for your company? Everything you need to know about Idea Pins (formerly known as Story Pins) and why you should use them will be covered in this blog post, as well as best practices and examples of brands and businesses that are already utilizing them to grow their audiences and promote their products. I’ll also share some examples of brands and businesses that are already utilizing Idea Pins to grow their audiences and promote their products.
It is estimated that the number of Idea Pins generated daily increased by about fourfold between January and May 2021.
Pinterest Stories, Story Pins, and Idea Pins are all phrases that I will be using interchangeably throughout this article.
What Are Idea Pins (Story Pins)?
When Pinterest launched Story Pins in September 2020, it was intended to help users find the individuals who are behind the fantastic ideas that are shared with the over 400 million people who use the site on a daily basis. It is not only for pleasure that Idea Pins have become recognized; Pinterest wants them to be a source of new positive, inspirational, and instructional ideas that are shared on a regular basis. Creators are given the ability to express their hobbies, as well as inspire and build their audiences, thanks to Idea Pins, according to Pinterest.
Story Pins vs Instagram Stories: What’s the difference?
Typically, when you think of tales on social media, you think of a bite-sized piece of material that disappears after 24 hours, but Story Pins are a unique type of story. Story Pins can be saved for later use. Once you’ve posted a Story Pin, it will not be removed from the site after 24 hours. Pinterst, on the other hand, hopes that people will be compelled to save them to their boards, leave comments on them, and “like” them. The following are the steps involved in creating an Idea Pin:
- Up to 20 pages of information can be recorded and edited in video format. Voice over recording is used so that authors may add their own particular voice to their work. Epidemic Sound has chosen the music for this video. The ability to move between ghost mode and normal mode (ideal for before-and-after shots!). Instructions or ingredients are detailed on separate pages. People tagging and stickers, for example, are interactive aspects. Save many drafts so that creators can publish more ideas at the same time. Options for exporting material in order to distribute it outside of Pinterest
- Topic tagging is a publishing function that helps connect information to relevant interests by categorizing it according to those interests.
Ideas for Pinterest Story Pins (Idea Pins)
Inspiration for Pinterest Story Pins. Continue reading as I provide some real-life examples of excellent Story Pins, but first, here are a few instances of how you may put them to use in your own work:
- Create an instructional guide, project, or recipe that includes step-by-step instructions. Uploading a series of short movies with additional descriptive text or text overlays is encouraged. Videos can be anything from one and sixty seconds in length. Create a collection of items by curating them. Telling a story about your brand or business in a fresh and innovative way is essential.
Following your Idea Pins, your followers will see them right at the top of their home feed. Besides search, the Today Tab, and the top of creator profiles, Idea Pins are presented in a unique full-screen stream view that is intended to engage and inspire Pinners.
Idea Pins are displayed in this distinctive full-screen stream view that is intended to engage and inspire Pinners. Pinners will benefit from this since the ideas included within a Pin will be more interesting and actionable.
Why use Pinterest Story Pins for Business?
Pinterest Story Pins for business are becoming increasingly popular. Story Pins not only provide a fresh and interesting method to engage with your audience, but they also assist in making all of your Pinterest content more discoverable on the site.
- Story Pins, which are visible to your followers at the top of their feed, provide your profile a prominent position in the Pinterest app’s prime real estate and serve as a gateway to more of your services. Pinterest wants your Story Pins to be discovered by people who aren’t already following you. This symbol in the Story Pin area provides fresh and inspirational material to Pinterest users – which, if you’re active in Story Pins, might include you – while also providing an additional channel for people to find you and your business
- And Given the fact that Story Pins may be saved to boards, it is likely that they will be discoverable using Pinterest’s search function. Because millions of people use the site as a search engine in its own right (to uncover ideas that inspire them), this is another more method in which visitors might come across you
- And And I believe it’s important to emphasize that Story Pins provide your fans with a glimpse into the real individuals behind the accounts they follow or come across on Pinterest, in a manner that conventional pins on the board just can’t do. In this approach, your audience will feel more relaxed and intimate with you, which will increase engagement and assist transform casual fans and consumers into brand advocates for your company. Pinterest is developing tools to assist creators in growing their presence on the platform, with a particular emphasis on published content (such as Idea Pins) first and foremost. These tools include a new Followers and Profile Visits driven metric in Analytics that shows you how your Idea Pins have driven deeper engagement with your account
- A new Followers and Profile Visits driven metric in Analytics that shows you how your Idea Pins have driven deeper engagement with your account
- And a new Followers and Profile Visits driven metric in Analytics
Pinterest Story Pins Tips and Best Practices
Pins from your Story Board that are viewed by your followers at the top of their feed give your profile a prominent position in the Pinterest app’s prime real estate and serve as a gateway to further content from you. Pinterest wants Story Pins to be discovered by people who don’t follow you, so they may be shared with other people. The Find Creators icon in the Story Pin area provides fresh and inspirational material to Pinterest users – and if you’re active in Story Pins, that may include you – while also providing another route for people to discover you and your business.
And, given that millions of people use the site as a search engine in its own right (to locate ideas that inspire them), this is still another manner in which visitors might come across you.
In this approach, your audience will feel more relaxed and intimate, which will increase engagement and assist to transform casual fans and consumers into brand advocates for your company.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip1: Tell a story
The most effective story pins are bite-sized chunks of useful or inspiring knowledge that are arranged like a genuine tale, resulting in a gratifying and engaging watching experience for the viewer. Such, in order to compel people to act on your Story Pins, structure them so that they have a beginning, middle, and finish.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip2: Upload a compelling cover image
Photos for Pinterest Story Pins’ cover images People can determine what your tale is about with just a peek at the first slide of your Story Pin if it has an eye-catching image or video. This motivates them to continue watching.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip3: Use text for SEO
Text descriptions for Story Pins on Pinterest Because Pinterest will be able to discern what your Story Pin is all about from the words in it, it will be more effective in reaching the individuals who are most likely to be interested in it.
As a result, make use of captions to clarify your Story Pin concept. If you’re going to be speaking on video, subtitles will also allow individuals who are viewing without sound (or who have problems hearing) to comprehend and interact with your speech right immediately.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip4: Tag topics and fill out the description
Tags for Pinterest Story Pins The use of tags on Story Pins can aid in the organization of Pinterest’s categorization of them, as well as making your Story Pins more discoverable on the platform. Make use of the description box to provide more information and context to the story in order to give it another SEO boost.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip5: Use the space you need
Pinterest Story Pin tags are a great way to tell a story on your social media profile. The use of tags on Story Pins can aid in the organization of Pinterest’s categorization of them, as well as making your Story Pins more discoverable on the site. Make use of the description box to provide more information and context to the content in order to give it another boost in search engine ranking positions.
Pinterest Story Pins Tip6: Use a subtle call-to-action
Story Pins are intended to be the “most authentic” human element on Pinterest, so try to think of them as a stepping stone to fostering a more personal connection with your audience, which will then lead to increased interest in your brand or business. By showing your face and sharing your voice, Story Pins can help you foster a more personal connection with your audience, which will then lead to increased interest in your brand or business. Despite their prominent position on Pinterest, avoid using them to spam your followers with links to your latest product or to run advertisements – this is not what they were intended for, and your followers will not enjoy you doing so.
I believe there is a happy medium to be found here, particularly for firms whose primary usage of Pinterest is for promotional purposes.
3 Top Examples of Story Pins for Business on Pinterest
Look at some very fantastic instances of companies and creators that are already utilizing Story Pins to advertise themselves on Pinterest, and we’ll see what we can learn. Hopefully, these will serve as inspiration for your own designs!
Pinterest Story Pin Example1: Step-by-step tutorial
Solid Starts use stories to teach some baby weaning concepts, with a kind face at the helm of the video.
Pinterest Story Pin Example2: Answer customer questions
Story Pins are the ideal format for responding to frequently asked questions from your followers and clients on your social media accounts. Encourage viewers to submit their own questions so that it can be turned into a series!
Pinterest Story Pin Example3
Your fans and clients will appreciate the convenient structure that Story Pins provide for answering frequently requested inquiries. Encourage viewers to submit their own questions so that it can be turned into a series!
How to Create An Idea Pin on Pinterest
Create an Idea Pin on Pinterest and share it with others. Make an Idea Pin board on Pinterest.
- Access your Pinterest business account by logging in. Create an Idea Pin by clicking on Create, then Create Idea Pin. Select up to 20 photographs or videos from your computer by clicking on the down arrow symbol, or drag and drop the images or videos to the appropriate location. Design your pages by utilizing the tools located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Layout: Select a layout for your page by clicking Layout, and then select or adjust the background color by clicking Background Color. Images and videos may be adjusted and resized by selecting Image or Video from the drop-down menu. Text:ClickText to enter text and customize it with your choice of font, font size, alignment, color, and highlight.
- To add additional photographs or videos, click on the + sign in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- To make changes to the font, layout, or background of numerous pages at the same time, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while selecting the pages you wish to alter.
- Click Next
- Select a details theme from the drop-down box and provide further information about your Pin
- Click Next
- Enter the necessary information about your Pin
- And click Finish.
- Pin title inspiration: Create a title for your Pin
- Board selector: From the drop-down menu, pick a public board to which you want to save your Story Pin. The use of tags allows you to contact individuals who are looking for similar ideas by searching for and adding up to ten tag subjects to your Story Pin.
Pinterest Story Pins Conclusion
That’s all there is to it! Learn all you need to know to get started producing amazing Story Pins on Pinterest. What role will they play in your company’s operations? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! The Ultimate Guide to Pinterest Story Pins (Plus 9 Stories Tips And Examples For Business)
How To Use Story Pins To Reach New Audiences
Pinterest Pixabay user Pete Linforth provided the image used in this post. In the realm of social media marketing, stories have taken off like wildfire. Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and now even Pinterest are all excellent platforms for publishing compelling multimedia tales with a wide range of audience members. Also taking use of this is marketing, which recognizes that wherever there is a market, there will be advertising chances to take advantage of. Stories enable companies to market themselves in a very visual and dynamic manner, incorporating voice, video, photos, and text – making it extremely appealing to the consumer.
Using Pinterest to share multimedia tales with audiences is a tremendously engaging experience – and one that is much needed in today’s socially disengaged environment.
Pinterest Is a Search Engine (Pinterest is a search engine that functions in a similar way to Google, not just for people looking for their next supper dish or favorite clothing, but also for websites looking to get important backlinks to their website from other websites.
According to Angelina Handayani, Founder of Mahisi, a fashion business that specializes on ethically-crafted garments created from deadstock textiles, “I have been addicted with Story Pins on Pinterest since it allows me to reach a whole new audience and bring a significant amount of traffic to my website.” In the same way that Pinterest is a search engine, individuals visit the platform to look for ideas and inspirations.
- The majority of the content on Story Pins is not about my goods; rather it is about style suggestions, garment wash tutorials, trend recommendations, and even self-care advice.” Visual marketing is gaining popularity at an alarming rate.
- According to Statista, the number of active Pinterest users in the United States is in the millions.
- Provide Issue-and-Solution-Related Topics “Issue-and-solution issues are really popular,” adds Handayani.
- For example, “join now for more style advice” or “sign up to view more trends” or “learn more on our website” should be included on the last page of the Story.
- She also recommended that you have at least five pages on your Story Pins since Pinterest promotes Stories with five or more pages to a larger audience than those with less.
- Like other platform stories, they do not evaporate after a specific length of time and may be found using a search engine, making the use of Story Pins an excellent method of attracting new viewers.
- Users may add Story Pins to their profiles for later reference, which promotes profile visits and engagement,” says Kelly Ann Collins, CEO of Vult Lab, a digital marketing firm.
“Unlike standard Pins, Story Pins don’t need pinners to leave the Pinterest app in order to complete a project — users can just follow the Story Pin step-by-step to complete the project.”
3 Great Ideas for Your Next Story Pin
Pinterest Story Pins have officially made their debut, and we couldn’t be more excited about it. Story Pins, in addition to the comments function, provide a completely new method to communicate with your audience. Story Pins, similar to Instagram Reels, are animated photographs or movies that provide users with useful information while also amusing them in ways they didn’t even realize they could be entertained on Pinterest until they saw a Story Pin. So, what exactly are Pinterest Story Pins, and how can they benefit your company?
What are Story Pins?
Story Pins are a great, new approach to engage your audience on Pinterest. Learn more here. Pinterest Story Pins work in a similar way to the Stories features on other popular social media platforms such as Facebook Stories and Instagram Stories. They allow authors to offer a sequence of photos or videos that can be tapped through. Recipes, brand tales, product descriptions, travel advice, and suggestions are all excellent candidates for Story Pins. Because they allow visitors to respond to your Story Pin immediately with comments such as “Thanks,” “Love,” “Wow,” and “Great Idea!” they are also excellent for increasing interaction on Pinterest.
How to Create a Story Pin
It’s beneficial to know exactly how you’ll go about creating outstanding Pinterest Story Pins before you begin. Create a story pin by logging into your Pinterest business account and clicking on the button. Step 2– Select up to 20 photographs or videos by clicking on the downward arrow on the right (or drag and drop them). Step 3 – Create your pages by utilizing the options located on the right-hand side of your screen. Choose a layout for your page and a color scheme for the backdrop to use.
- Step 4 –To upload more photographs or videos, click the plus sign icon in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- This will allow you to make changes to the font, background, and layout of many pages at the same time.
- Then, provide the necessary information in your Pin.
- Step 6 – Step 7 – Once you’ve finished, click Publish.
Why Use Story Pins for Business?
Using Story Pins to help make their content more discoverable on Pinterest may be beneficial for businesses of all sizes. The top of your followers’ feeds will be dominated by your Story Pins, providing you an excellent position at the very top of the Pinterest app. It also aids in the discovery of businesses by those who aren’t already following them on social media. Because of the Discover Creators symbol, which can be found in the Story Pin area, users may discover fresh and inspiring material, which may include you and all you have to offer on Pinterest and elsewhere.
People, on the other hand, recalled 65 percent of the knowledge when it was combined with a relevant visual three days later. So, if you want them to remember what you’ve said, use visual visuals or films to help them remember it!
Tops for Creating Great Pinterest Story Pins
To be successful with Pinterest Tale Pins, you must ensure that your Story Pins tell a captivating story in their own right. No matter if it’s a brand narrative or a case study of clients who have benefited from your product or service, make sure it attracts the attention of your target audience and prompts them to take action on your Story Pin. Make a plan for your Story Pins, including a beginning, middle, and conclusion.
2. Upload High-Quality, Eye-Catching Images and Videos
Using visual material to reach your target audience on social media sites such as Pinterest is a very successful strategy. By 2021, it is expected that between 40 and 80 percent of organizations would extensively rely on images as a component of their marketing efforts. That implies that, in order to be competitive, you’ll need to include high-quality, attention-grabbing photos and videos in your Story Pins to stand out. In any other case, you may find yourself disappointed with the consequences.
3. Tag Your Story Pins
Pinners are 70% more likely than non-pinners to interact with product tags in scenes. Consequently, if you want others to locate your Story Pins depending on the topic, you’ll need to tag your Story Pins with themes to assist categorize and organize your Story Pin collection. This will aid in making your Story Pins more discoverable on the platform as a result of your efforts. To add even more context and information about the Story Pin, enter it in the description box below. If your Story Pin includes a recipe, you might want to use tags such as “recipes” or “recipe ideas.” Additionally, you may include hashtags such as eatingwell, onmyplate, or foodforfoodies.
4. Create a Understated Call to Action
It is something that inspires someone to take action, such as clicking, like, or commenting that is referred to as “call-to-action.” Typically, the call to action might sound something like “Buy Now,” “Call Now,” or “Learn More,” among other things. It’s important to keep the CTA for your Story Pin as minimal as possible, because you’re aiming for engagement rather than a sale at this time. This means that it cannot be something that urges the user to follow, re-pin or share the URL of a useful tool or resource.
5. Don’t Forget About SEO
When it comes to producing outstanding Pins, hashtags used to be one of the most significant factors to consider because they assisted users in finding relevant material, but that all changed in 2020. Because their usefulness is confined to a brief, initial burst of additional exposure, using appropriate hashtags isn’t as vital as it once was. As a result, don’t waste too much time thinking about Pinterest hashtags. Instead, you should brush up on your Pinterest search engine optimization abilities!
Assigning your Story Pin to a related Pinterest Board is also a good idea!
6. Make it Human
Story Pins are a terrific method for visitors to get to know the person who created the material they are viewing. Establish a connection between your followers and other users by demonstrating that they can relate to you and your brand. Using your voice to describe your notion or by revealing your face may demonstrate humanity. When you do this, Pinterest users will be more likely to engage with you in a genuine way. So look for opportunities to engage with your audience in a way that demonstrates your humanity.
You may experiment with sharing both your failures and your successes. Alternatively, you may demonstrate to your audience some of the most common difficulties faced by company owners and artists (like you). Don’t be scared to show others that you’re just like them by being vulnerable and genuine.
7. Check for Quality
Story Pins are intended to have a more realistic feel, which implies that they must be of high quality. Because of this, you must double-check your borders to verify that the corners of the screen aren’t obscured. Is the lighting as good as it possibly can be? Keep in mind that natural light may make or break a photograph or movie. Consider whether or not the movies and photos in your Story Pin are visually complementary to one another. If this is the case, consider utilizing filters or changing the style a little to ensure that everything is in harmony.
Types of Story Pins to Create
There are several different sorts of Story Pins that you may build to assist increase engagement and reach, including:
- The Listicle Story Pin (for example, 7 Places to Find Work From Home Opportunities, etc.)
- The How-To Story Pin (for example, How to Start a Business From Home in 2021)
- And the How-To Story Pin (for example, How to Start a Business From Home in 2021). The Pin of the Day (e.g., A Day in the Life of an Instagram Influencer)
- The Pin of the Week (e.g., A Day in the Life of an Instagram Influencer)
- For example, mental health reminders for remote workers or crucial mindset recommendations to help you work from home successfully are represented by the Mental Health Story Pin. Stories that can be shared include: the Behind the Scenes Story Pin (i.e., a look at how your product is made from beginning to end)
- The Answer Your Own Question Story Pin (ask a question, such as “Can I really design the life I’ve always dreamed of?” and then respond to it with your content)
- And the Tell Your Own Story Pin (tell your own story about how your product was created from beginning to end).
Examples of Great Pinterest Story Pins
Interested in seeing what a fantastic Story Pin looks like? Look at the following three great examples of company accounts that are using Story Pins to their advantage. The recipe Story Pin fromScott Can Eatmakes excellent use of video to engage Pinners, by presenting them with something beautiful and colorful to look at while also offering on-screen directions for preparing the dish. Bonus points: It’s really simple to prepare — and it’s delicious, too! Using an ombre lip, WendysWorld XOX has prepared a lesson that demonstrates how to obtain an editorial makeup look with no effort.
To conclude, Glamour UK use a simple listicle structure to engage visitors and educate them on financial literacy.
Conclusion: Creating Great Pinterest Story Pins
It may take some time and trial and error as you experiment with different photos, words, and videos to come up with outstanding Pinterest Story Pins. However, if you have access to tools that will assist you in creating and managing your Story Pins properly, the process will go much more smoothly. It is possible to build stunning, attention-grabbing Story Pins with Tailwind Create that will get people involved and help you become more discoverable to both your followers and other Pinterest users!
Try it out and see how it works for you!
Pinterest Story Pins: Best Practices to Leveraging Story Pins on Pinterest
While you experiment with different photos, text, and videos, it is possible to create outstanding Pinterest Story Pins with a little time and effort. However, if you have access to tools that will assist you in creating and managing your Story Pins properly, the process can be made much more efficient and straightforward. You can use Tailwind Produce to help you create stunning, attention-grabbing Story Pins that will captivate your audience and help you become more discoverable to both your followers and other Pinterest users!
You can even use it to make gorgeous visuals for your other social media sites while you’re at it — all with a simple click of a button! Psst! Using Tailwind Create, this Pin was created in seconds. Try it out and see how it works for you.
What are Story Pins?
Story Pins are a place where ideas are transformed into stories. In-app native content, also known as Story Pins, allows producers to post a mixture of videos and/or photographs in a multi-page format. This includes the ability to use the Pinterest camera to shoot films and upload them straight to the Pinterest platform. Story Pins, which place a heavy emphasis on visual storytelling in the app, are a fantastic method for you to communicate your thoughts with others in an interactive style.
More significantly, Pinterest is displaying your Story Pins not just to your followers, but also to new individuals who may be interested in your content as a result of your efforts.
An additional aspect of Story Pins that users appreciate is also what distinguishes them from comparable formats on other social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat.
Once Story Pins is made available to the general public, we may expect to see them indexed and displayed in search results (which is very exciting).
What’s Great About Story Pins on Pinterest?
Using Story Pins, you can convert ideas into tales. In-app native content, also known as Story Pins, allows producers to share a mixture of videos and/or photographs in a multi-page format. This includes the ability to use the Pinterest camera to shoot films and upload them straight to the Pinterest app. A excellent method to convey your thoughts in an interactive fashion, Story Pins are a fantastic tool that places a heavy emphasis on visual storytelling. While still in its early phases (or beta), Story Pins are a new feature accessible on Pinterest that has gained widespread popularity.
What’s more, Pinterest is displaying your Story Pins not just to your existing followers, but also to new people who may be interested in your content as well.
– An additional aspect of Story Pins that we appreciate is also what distinguishes them from comparable formats on other social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat.
Story Pins will be indexed and displayed in search results once they are made available to the general public (which is very exciting).
Story Pins WORK
Take, for example, my own Pinterest account. Story Pins is a new tool that I’ve only lately discovered and begun experimenting with. I made a simple Story Pin in Canva and shared it on social media. In addition, within 12 hours, the Story Pin had received over 30,000 impressions, 300 close-ups, and 27 saves! What’s more, Not only that, but I also noticed an increase in interaction across other critical metrics, such as saves, follows, and outbound connections to my website. That same Story Pin now has over 211,000 views – 116 saves, and more than 2500 engagements – and is still going strong.
- My customer is getting the biggest conversion (direct product sales) on the days when we put out new, high-quality Story Pins, according to my observations.
- Although it’s very hard to achieve that kind of awareness and reach on most social media networks on a regular basis, I have seen a constant pattern of success.
- Other current material on Pinterest is also benefiting from Story Pins, and it’s a terrific way to gain new followers (do you want to join my mailing list to see ALL of my Pins?
- Because of the way Story Pins are created — to provide fast recommendations, a how-to instruction, or a workout routine – they provide individuals with immediate value on the site.
- You can encourage people to take tangible steps that will help your business develop by being creative with your Story Pins — it’s not just about having a large number of likes, after all!
How to Make a Story Pin: A Step-by-Step Guide
- My personal Pinterest account is a good example of this. Story Pins is a new tool that I’ve only lately discovered and begun to explore. I used Canva to make a basic Story Pin, which I then shared on my social media. That’s not all: within 12 hours, the Story Pin had received over 30,000 impressions, over 300 close-ups, and 27 saves. Not only that, but I also noticed an increase in interaction across a variety of other metrics, including saves, follows, and outbound connections to my website, among others. More than 211,000 people have already seen the same Story Pin, which has received 116 saves and more than 2500 engagements to far. Moreover, this is not an isolated incident. Fresh, high-quality Story Pins are being sent on a daily basis for one of my clients, who reports the highest conversion (direct product sales) on such days. It seems that Story Pins are having a beneficial influence on all conversion KPIs, not just impressions and engagement in the app, which is something I am hearing more and more often. Although it’s very hard to achieve that kind of attention and reach on most social media networks on a regular basis, I have seen a pattern. When you use Story Pins, your visibility and impressions increase dramatically! Other existing material on Pinterest is also benefiting from Story Pins, and it’s a terrific way to gain new followers (do you want to join my mailing list to see ALL of my Pins? YES, lady) and grow your audience. The way Story Pins are created – to give fast recommendations, a how-to video, or a workout routine – they add immediate value to the platform for those who use them. Moreover, if people enjoy your work, they’ll want to keep up with you in order to receive more inspiration, support, and on-going distribution of new and fresh stuff. You can encourage people to take tangible steps that will help your business develop by being creative with your Story Pins — it isn’t just about having a large number of likes, after all!
Keep in mind that Pinterest recommends the following specifications for Story Pins: 20MB for photos, 100MB for videos, and an aspect ratio of 9:16 for the best effects. You might want to consider posting your video as a Video Pin instead if your video material is too lengthy.
- Choose a layout that makes your Story stand out, and you may even include a backdrop if you like. Additionally, you may add text overlays and other interesting features to your Story Pin at this point to make it more engaging and interactive for your audience. One of the best things about Story Pins is that you can add text within Pinterest itself, or you can use your own templates in Canva, which makes it really simple to create material that truly stands out to your audience. The fact that Canvais is an approved partner means that you can develop assets there while knowing that you can construct your Story Pins in the app. Consider adding text overlay for clarification (keep it basic), audio if it makes sense, and music to create a more dynamic Story. It’s no secret that I adore video content, and it turns out that Pinterest users do as well. The next step in creating your Story Pin is to choose a theme (Recipe, Crafts+DIY, or Blank List), set a difficulty level (Easy to Expert), and include any supplies that viewers may need to follow along with you. Remember to offer the information that people require in order to take action – whether it is to do the craft, wear the clothing, or implement a business plan. Afterwards, you should give your Story Pin a keyword-rich title, select a relevant Board to pin it to, and include Tags in the description. These Tagged Topics are particularly significant since they aid in the indexing of your content and the distribution of your material by Pinterest itself. You may add up to ten themes to your Story Pin in order to attract individuals who are seeking for information about your topic. This assists Pinterest in understanding how to disseminate your material on the site
- Simply hit “Publish” and you’re done with the process! Your Story Pin is now live in the Pinterest globe, generating awareness and attracting the attention of your target audience! Observe the magic of Story pins as it unfolds in your very own niche or sector
Trying to come up with some Pinterest Story Pin ideas? To inspire and urge you to get started with making your own Story Pins, Pinterest has compiled a collection of some of their favorite Story Pins. Because Story Pins are completely customizable, the only constraint is your own imagination and ingenuity! Continue reading for some of my suggestions on how to get on board the Story Pin cruise ship.
Repurpose with Purpose
Starting now, think about how you can use Story Pins in innovative ways to enhance awareness and overall traction for your account. But, before you become overwhelmed by the prospect of needing to develop totally new material for Story Pins, allow me to remind you that you may reuse content with a specific goal in mind. Are you creating amusing TikTok videos for your friends? Do you spend a lot of time on Instagram Reels? Do you enjoy Instagram Stories? Making attractive videos for Snapchat is something you should consider.
- Remember that it is preferable to take your material and tweak it before uploading it to Pinterest.
- We understand that creating one-time use material is a difficult task, but always remember to repurpose with a purpose.
- Consider Story Pins to be multi-page canvases on which to display your thoughts.
- Be unique and imaginative – Story Pins on Pinterest are just another way to demonstrate your abilities, hobbies, and ability to add value to your audience.
- Rather of showing us 5 different versions of your items, we would rather to see them stylized, demonstrated in action, and tied into a story.
- They’re eye-catching, and you may include text to boost searchability and interest individuals who aren’t listening to the music in the background.
Text is also a fantastic tool for developing easily digestible material. Full frame video will function significantly better and appear far better in the stream.
Start Using Story Pins A.S.A.P!
When it comes down to it, Story Pins are all about reaching a new audience – and let’s be honest, what company owner wouldn’t want that? Pinterest is already distributing our material to this new audience through the use of Story Pins. And as company owners, it is our responsibility to take advantage of this. It’s a fresh and innovative method to engage your target audience. Put your energy on teaching your audience in a short amount of time – fast wins – and providing them with something useful right then and there, rather than asking them to leave the platform.
Anything that is beneficial or useful in some manner is a wonderful thing.
Make certain that your CTA is worthwhile, that it does not urge them to leave, and that it does not tempt them into reading the rest of the tale somewhere else.
Wondering how to get Story Pins for your Pinterest Business Account?
In the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, as well as several European countries, Story Pins are only available to chosen authors who have a Pinterest Business Account as of April 2021. However, a worldwide rollout is underway! Pinterest is likewise taking a slow roll-out strategy to Story Pins, so it may take some time before you are able to use the feature. Continue to keep an eye out for when they will become accessible to you. Fortunately, Pinterest is more than simply a collection of Story Pins!