Typically Digital Creative falls into one of three types:
- Static Creative - An image or a graphic that does not move – Typically a GIF or JPEG.
- Flash Creative – An image or graphic that is (self) animated. Also referred to as STANDARD ADS.
- Rich Media Creative – Image or graphic with which users can interact (as opposed to solely animated) thru mouse over or click. These ad units may appear In Banner - within the confined ad space such as video - or Out-of-Banner such as expandable ads, floating ads, page take-overs, and push-downs.
Why does the person receiving your creative need to know the type being trafficked? Two main reasons:
- Different types of creative require different turn around times. Knowing what's coming helps to better level-set.
- Some sites, or pages within a site, have creative type restrictions that may require separate items to be trafficked. The sooner limitations are brought to life, the quicker they can be addressed and remedied.
Now you know the importance of knowing Creative Type.